I just bought a playbook for my Mother for Christmas, she loved it! She recently lost everything in an apartment flood, including the playbook.

Yesterday she decided to try turning the playbook on, she had nothing to lose at that point.

Not only did it start up, but it is working flawlessly! Just a few water bubbles on the screen, but they are not very noticable when the device is on.

This tablet was submerged for over 12 hours, and is the only item she was able to salvage other than a few pictures and some documents.

It really means a lot to her, just knowing that one thing she really enjoyed miraculously survived!

Perhaps it's just luck, but kudos to RIM for a well built device!!
    05-23-12 07:09 PM
    That is one remarkable story. Sorry for the flood but at least something was saved.
    stevepar likes this.
    05-23-12 07:13 PM
    There are plenty of ways for water to ruin the device

Submerged for 12 hours...in your dreams
    yanicmb likes this.
    05-23-12 07:46 PM
    Wow, Really, with No HDD and stuff it might survive. I mean as it dries out the bubbles may go away. Might try storing it is the car where it gets nice and warm. Turn it off of course.

My grandson dropped my daughter-in-laws phone in a glass of beer (plop). She called me and I said heat the oven up to about 150 and turn it off. Take the phone all apart and lay it in there.

It worked after about two or three trips to the oven. Not a thing wrong with it.

Sorry about the flood though. Had it happen to a friend. The river, his fridge was floating.
    05-23-12 07:56 PM
    Fill a large bowl with rice and submerge the PB it in there for a few days. The rice will absorb the moisture nicely.
    05-23-12 08:01 PM
    Fill a large bowl with rice and submerge the PB it in there for a few days. The rice will absorb the moisture nicely.
    Then be Bold. . . . Eat the rice.
    Tazos, anon(4021844) and yanicmb like this.
    05-23-12 08:54 PM
    Did that with my submerged 9000 and it revived my phone.
    05-23-12 09:30 PM
    This works for blackberry's - Nokia slide - not so much - lol.
    05-23-12 09:35 PM
    No anthogag, no dream. This whole process has actually been a nightmare for a lot of families, but thanks.

I appreciate all the tips and kind words, the flood was about 3 weeks ago and she turned it on yesterday. It was thoroughly dried out and suprisigly in great working condition.
    05-23-12 09:36 PM
    that is pretty cool... given the circumstances. Sorry to hear about the flood... but at least there was a lil silver lining
    Niz likes this.
    05-23-12 09:42 PM
    Cars driving over these things, under water for half a day, jeez, I knock mine off the coffee table and my wife's runnin" all around the house lookin' for a sedative
    05-23-12 09:43 PM
    Until a few months from now all the insides are corroded from the trapped in mold from the moisture. Enjoy while it lasts.
    Niz likes this.
    05-23-12 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD