Hi. I was at Best Buy today and I was playing around with the PlayBooks there (although I have one already), I went on Bing Maps and realized they have Streetside View available on them. The PlayBook also runs the latest OS. However, my PlayBook doesn't have Streetside View on Bing Maps and I have the latest OS too. Does anybody have Streetside View on their Bing Maps? It should be on the left side where you can minimize the arrow where it says "Get Directions, View Traffic, Search for Restaurants, Explore Venue Maps". I was a little bit shocked about this feature on Bing Maps!

Also.. It works on the bing maps website, but doesn't appear on the Bing Maps apps on mine.
    Last edited by anson1331; 07-25-12 at 01:37 AM.
    07-25-12 01:34 AM
    Hi. I was at Best Buy today and I was playing around with the PlayBooks there (although I have one already), I went on Bing Maps and realized they have Streetside View available on them. The PlayBook also runs the latest OS. However, my PlayBook doesn't have Streetside View on Bing Maps and I have the latest OS too. Does anybody have Streetside View on their Bing Maps? It should be on the left side where you can minimize the arrow where it says "Get Directions, View Traffic, Search for Restaurants, Explore Venue Maps". I was a little bit shocked about this feature on Bing Maps!

Also.. It works on the bing maps website, but doesn't appear on the Bing Maps apps on mine.
    It's under "explore map imagery" in the left side pane when you first open the app. It only works in the shaded areas on the map though which are a few areas in the States and Europe. If I go anywhere other than the shaded areas, I get a message saying that my "computer" (Playbook) doesn't support Silverlight so I'm assuming these limited shaded areas are only on the Playbook. Plus it doesn't even work that great after playing with it and I honestly don't even care.
    Last edited by luqman24; 07-25-12 at 02:13 AM.
    07-25-12 02:10 AM
    I don't see that either ^
    07-25-12 02:53 AM
    There's a small arrow on the left side, click that and it's under "explore map imagery" and Streetside view is beside Birdseye and Aerial view. Here's a screenshot if you're still having trouble finding it where I highlighted Streetside View.

07-25-12 03:12 AM
    I don't have "explore map imagery" at all
    I have=
    -get directions
    -view traffic
    -search for restaurants
    -explore venue maps
    07-25-12 03:34 AM
    It looks like this on my playbook
    07-25-12 04:41 AM
    I see it on mine and I'm not even in the US. Lousy implementation though - when I select the link it zooms back out to the full US map with the highlighted areas. If I touch a shaded area it'll show me a random street view of that area, taking 3/4 of the screen, and the street map in a little sliver at the top, making it impossible for me to locate where I am. If I try to zoom in on the whole us map to find the area I want street view of, when I click the highlighted street it tells me my computer is not supported, no silverlight.
    07-25-12 06:34 AM
    No streetside view here either. Maybe it depends on your location???
    07-25-12 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD