Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I am a French student so sorry for my English, it's not very good !

I just bought a Playbook 64GB at a very low price. I know that the tablet is not young and it is not really updated by BB ( Although last updated for BB Bridge lets hope good things ... )
    But I mostly taken this PB for its 64GB and my geek side. I have an iPhone and an iPad but I 've always loved BB . My fiancee has a BB Bold 9900 and love it and hate my iPhone haha . So I bought the PB a little for her too ...

I knew it was not going to be super fast with lots of applications. And my girlfriend does not care a bit too. She just wanted a BB tablet !

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised overall. PB is very beautiful, very solid. The screen has a low resolution but is very bright with beautiful colors. The speakers are powerful and OS 2.1 is very interesting and enjoyable to use !

We downloaded the app interessted us on AppWord . And after that I sideload missing app ( Flipboard , Dropbox , Pinterest etc ...) and it works for lot of app .

BUT : My fiancee like editing photos . The app on the AppWord like PicShop or Uber are not very interesting (not enough functions)

So I sideload apps from Android . And this is where I have a BIG PROBLEM :

Lot of apps work, I can open them, go through the menus etc. . BUT NO happens to import or take a picture ! Each time, for ALL apps ( Aviary , PicsArt , Photoshop Express, PicsPlay ... ) crashent when I want to import a picture from the gallery or take a picture with the camera ! It is unbearable and I don't understand why! Apps work, I can use them! And only when I want to select a photo, the app leaves of a sudden and crash...

Do you have a solution ? I despair and don't understand. There seems to be an incompatibility between the android app and the photo camera and the Playbook gallery ...

Thank you very much for your help,

And VIVE LA FRANCE !
    02-12-14 11:40 AM
    Hello, Sideloading is a hit/miss proposition. at best maybe 60 percent sucess rate. Did you convert this or did you get the app from Goodereader, already converted?

I only have 1 that is sideloaded, Eye-Fi , and it took abit to get that to work.

c
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-14 11:46 AM
    Salut leBIZBIS, sois le bienvenu dans la communaut� CrackBerry!
    Et oui, ici aussi il y a des frenchies qui trainent

(But let's get back to our funny English for your question)
    I'm not that much epxerienced with android sideloads on the PB, I presume these are converted, right ?

BTW: ta femme a un gout tr�s sur; tu devrais t'en inspirer et foncer essayer un Z30 !

Edit :
    2 things I'd check

a/ Encryption on the PB : if set, I'm not sure you can expect anything smooth with android apps (to be confirmed but worth a check)
    b/ Bar quality vary and goodereader is a well ranked source, so I'd suggest you try this photoshop express link and see how it goes : http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-apps/?did=287

Let us know, and if you have language bareer (doesn't seem to, your English is better than mine lol), just PM me !

Cheers
    SF
    02-12-14 11:51 AM
    Instead of using the app to open the photo. GO into your pictures app. Find the photo you want to edit, click on it. In the side bar click on more and then "open in" and chose whatever photography app u want.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-14 11:57 AM
    Thank you all for your answers!
    I tried with GoodEReader: the application opens perfectly but ... Crash when I select a photo ... So I tried to sideload the app myself. Same problem ...

bkbkjbb, this option is available on BB10 but surely I can not find it on my PB?

SuperFly is true that the Z30 is superb ... Maybe I'll change in the near future ... Mais pour l'instant je reste accroch� � la pomme ! 😀

Envoy� de mon iPhone � l'aide de CB Forums
    Superfly_FR and bkbkjbb like this.
    02-12-14 12:20 PM
    Mais pour l'instant je reste accroch� � la pomme !
    There's rehab' for that, you found the place !
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-12-14 12:46 PM
    Thank you all for your answers!
    I tried with GoodEReader: the application opens perfectly but ... Crash when I select a photo ... So I tried to sideload the app myself. Same problem ...

bkbkjbb, this option is available on BB10 but surely I can not find it on my PB?

SuperFly is true that the Z30 is superb ... Maybe I'll change in the near future ... Mais pour l'instant je reste accroch� � la pomme ! 😀

Oh my bad, I totally forgot about that. Sorry man.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 12:57 PM
    Not sure how deep you guys want to go as far as editing, but don't forget Flickr and PhotoBucket have some nice editing tools these days.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 01:11 PM
    I can use a Flickr app with the Playbook ?

02-12-14 02:35 PM
    Try Photo Editor Ultimate Free, an android app in app world that has a number of features and works well on the PB. Also, you can download Ghost Commander, a free android file manager in app world. Use Ghost to navigate to a picture that you want to edit, then tap on the pic, and Ghost should then give you the option to open the pic with one of the android photo editors that you've installed on your Playbook.
    Carl Estes and anon(5597702) like this.
    02-12-14 03:04 PM
    Thank you ! I tested Photo Editor Ultimate it's good but not yet perfect. I don't have my PB for this moment but I will test Ghost Commander. Do you confirm it works or it's an suggestion and maybe it doesn't work ?

Thank's for your reply !

02-12-14 03:20 PM
    photo editor ultimate is the closest app I've found to photo editing on pc. most bb apps only use/save low quality versions of the original pic which is just useless.!! you can also tweak size and quality in settings in app.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-14 03:31 PM
    I just watch on Internet and I confused with another app! Photo editor ultimate looks very complete and professional ! But difficult to use ... I will try ! But my dream is to use the Android app "Picsplay editor" with my PB...

02-12-14 04:05 PM