hi

i was at 100% at 7 in morning...i use it a little bit for 2h , here and there....i go 76%. i think its already big

but after i go out, and when i come back after sleep mode its at 46%....i restard it , 41%....

i feel like hes warm behind all time though...any idea?
    02-23-12 06:22 AM
    It does use some juice. On the other hand, I never put it down.
    gherrelson likes this.
    02-23-12 06:25 AM
    but sleep mode to use 30% in few hours? its cant be a feature... t_t
    02-23-12 06:43 AM
    I'm positive I'm getting much better battery life on OS2 than I ever did on OS1. I don't use an app to measure it, but it is very obvious as I use it.
    02-23-12 06:44 AM
    i just tried to delete my facebook features (message, friends , etc)

but weirdly i didnt notice this 2 days ago...just yesterday...

i put my mail on "manual" , it was on push before...but im supposed to have t least better battery not worst !

jeez
    02-23-12 06:47 AM
    It's still to early for me to tell, but it appears to be about the same. Since the OS2.0 update (2days ago) I've allowed my PlayBook battery to drain under 20% twice. I'm still monitoring, in my opinion it takes a good week to really tell accurate battery usage
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-23-12 06:55 AM
    Jasup, get Battery Guru from app world. Leave it running an entire day and then check the log files. It will tell you how much power you are using at any given time.

I took my playbook off the charger at 4:45am this morning. (EST). I played about 90 min of plants vs zombies on the train into work, and have it hooked up to bridge, WIFI, and bluetooth remote, along with "auto" configured accounts (FB, 2 emails, 1 linkedin). I am currently have 74% battery and with the screen on, no other running apps besides battery guru, I use 1.77W. Standby uses 0.07W.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-23-12 06:59 AM
    I was noticing a huge drop in battery life as well. When I upgraded to the final 2.0, I simply did an upgrade from the beta. After some consideration, I decided I to do a wipe and re-install everything. Now my battery life is much close to what I would expect. If you simply did an upgrade, you might want to consider doing a security wipe.

Jason...
    Chaddface and peter9477 like this.
    02-23-12 07:08 AM
    I find the battery lasting longer with OS2 than with the developer 7111 build.
    With 7111 I found that some of the android aps would run the battery down fast and it would get hot. This even if left in standby. I suspect it has to do with the fact that android leaves apps running in the background. So far have not seen this with 2.0.
    02-23-12 07:12 AM
    I had great battery in OS1.. Last night I put it in standby at 80% and this morning it was at 24%. Shocked!! Maybe it was a fluke, I dont know. All that was open was crackberry in the background. I'm left it again in standby mode, killed the browser, and will see when I get home tonight if there is any life left. I'm hoping..the battery life was one of the big pluses in my books about the Playbook. I wasnt on a beta build, I was on 1 and went straight to 2. Everything else is working great!
    02-23-12 07:17 AM
    I have been using my Playbook since May 2011 and love it. I also love the new features in OS 2.0. I did notice that since the update I have been using the Playbook constantly. Last night at 11:00pm I recharged and this am 8:00 am it is only charged to 76%. I never power down only put in standby and always get a full battery after a 8hrs charge. I also noticed that the Playbook is warmer when using it maybe because I never put it down or that some applications are constantly running in the back ground.
    Is anyone experiencing this battery change behavior?
    02-23-12 07:22 AM
    I was noticing a huge drop in battery life as well. When I upgraded to the final 2.0, I simply did an upgrade from the beta. After some consideration, I decided I to do a wipe and re-install everything. Now my battery life is much close to what I would expect. If you simply did an upgrade, you might want to consider doing a security wipe.

Jason...
    How do you go about doing a security wipe? Can you use bbsak or do you do this through desktop manager?
    02-23-12 07:25 AM
    How do you go about doing a security wipe? Can you use bbsak or do you do this through desktop manager?
    Make sure you back up your device using DM if you have anything you dont want to lose. Secuirty wipe is in the options icon, then security on your Playbook.
    02-23-12 07:28 AM
    There is no question that since upgrading from 7111 the battery life has significantly reduced. I'm going to monitor it for another couple of days before doing a complete wipe and start again. Not looking forward to having to do that, but ....
    02-23-12 07:30 AM
    I have some battery issue as well..
    Maybe the causes are the push email that integrated into the message apps.
    penster12 likes this.
    02-23-12 07:58 AM
    I have some battery issue as well..
    Maybe the causes are the push email that integrated into the message apps.
    weirdly enough 2 days ago i was in "push.." no battery issue
    yesterday i try manual (was annoyed with double mail notification in bridge and native) and my battery drain like crazy...

i put back in push and 2% in 30min....seems better

of am i crazy?
    02-23-12 08:00 AM
    Push email isn't the issue with me. I'm not using the new messages app, but sticking with bridged apps ... much more useful if you have a BB phone.

.. in fact I would be very happy if there was some way to delete the new Native Messages, Calendar and Contacts Apps. They are no use to me at all.
    02-23-12 08:17 AM
    weirdly enough 2 days ago i was in "push.." no battery issue
    yesterday i try manual (was annoyed with double mail notification in bridge and native) and my battery drain like crazy...

i put back in push and 2% in 30min....seems better

of am i crazy?
    Maybe you're not... I changed mine also to push yesterday and like i said a few posts back, I was at about 80% or more and this morning after being in standby all night, it was at 24%. Curious to see whats its going to be when I get home. I'll switch it back. My wifes is at 2.0 and I havent setup any mail or anything yet, hers I swear you could leave on for a week and it be fine.
    02-23-12 08:26 AM
    just wanted to say

i lost just few percent in 5hours ...after i put back my mail in PUSH

when its manuel it goes like crazy
    02-23-12 02:40 PM
    someone else should try
    02-23-12 03:40 PM
    Please see the discussion under the post http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...44/index4.html for the same. The suggestions in the post may help you
    Barljo likes this.
    02-23-12 03:52 PM
    I'm using push email on 2 accounts and another one scheduled for 15 mins. The battery seems OK in standby, and probably about 8 hours of use at least.
    02-23-12 03:52 PM
    someone else should try
    I'm going back to Push after two days of horrible battery life on my playbook. In the previous operating system i got almost 48 hours of off and on use. I get maybe 11 hours of on and on use.

Will let you know. Crackberry geniuses, where are you? If even 5% of playbook users are experiencing this difficulty, it's time to figure out why.
    02-23-12 07:55 PM
    I went back to push from manual and did a security wipe, now all is good. dont know which step fixed things,but I am very pleased now.
    02-23-12 11:20 PM
    From another battery thread a user posted this, which seemed to work for them. I'm going to give it a try...

Imma ring in on what I think the problem is. If you run a app that uses android player it will not close all the way till you back out completely out of the app. So if you just swiped from bottom and closed the player, the android app is still running in the background. What we do on the android side if the app doesn't have a quit is hit back till your out of the app. On the playbook you diagnally swipe till you get to the recently opened app screen. I may be wrong but I have been on my playbook all day and it just went dead and its 1151 pm here.
    If this doesn't solve it, I'll try the security wipe & see what impact that has.
    02-24-12 02:51 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD