BlackBerry PlayBook said to be destined for 'same graveyard as the HP TouchPad'

wow I'm really tired of the negative reviews just because the playbook doesn't have a apple symbol on it.....I no the sales are not excellent however every store i go to employees try to sell apple and droid and they are so uneducated with blackberry products. Especially the playbook I never see them on display in store. Do you think RIM sends out secret shoppers? If not they should and also hold training for store employees to educate them on the great capabilities of the playbook and all other RIM products. sorry just had to vent I'm BB all the way!
    09-15-11 09:34 AM
    This was posted only yesterday mate and on this forum. you might as well delete it.
    09-15-11 09:40 AM
    Ha ... I saw a similar article yesterday. Yeah, that's why RIM just updated the bridge (which has mine absolutely screaming, btw, fwiw), because the PlayBook must be about to get deep-sixed. Oh, the irony.

I think RIM would do well to do another major marketing push with the release of Tablet OS2, only his time led by somebody who actually knows what they're doing, and hopefully with an advertising firm that has a clue, too. We can only hope.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 09:44 AM
    09-15-11 09:47 AM
    I for one have said this so many times and it's more then my opinion it's fact, nothing runs as smooth as the playbook, nothing. The playbook is a tablet beast. These are the tabs I had and only lasted a few days with me and some a few hours or minutes.

Apple ipad1, nice apps and plenty but boring IOS no flash somewhat decent web browsing.

Motorola Xoom, 14 days, crappy screen sluggish OS

Acer icona, 0ne day, decent screen sluggish OS

Asus Transformer, 15 minutes, Joke.

Blackberry Playbook to many returns for dead pixles but the QNX OS as infected me to where nothing comes close to this beast.

Samsung 10.1 14 days, Very nice screen and form factor but sluggish OS choppy stuttering web browsing as all the Android tabs, this does not change.

HP Touchpad, 10 days then discontinued, this tab was very similar to Playbook or vice versus but way better then IOS and Android.

ipad2, 2 days, Nice screen a little faster then the first but still boring as **** IOS.

Blackberry Playbook again this time a perfect one with no issues of dead or lit pixels. Nothing comes close to this little beast.

I hope RIM continues to support this tablet or I'm sh!t out of luck. But I still have Windows 8 tablet to try if all else fails.
    09-15-11 09:58 AM
    Playbook problem is not that it doesn't have Apple on it, it's because it has RIMs Blackberry logo on it. What is the time frame for Canadian summer, because I'm STILL waiting for some real updates that were promised in summer.
    09-15-11 10:08 AM
    Any body could say whatever they wish but to me,myself and i .we are for the playbook and RIM products - Blackberry family. i have been using blackberry for over 4years and i have never been disappointed by this family.i am so eager to see the playbook 2.0 tablet os including the android app player which i have tested the leaked version.hear the conclusion of the whole matter . the playbook is still the best tablet in the market
    Last edited by ddtrills; 09-15-11 at 11:56 AM.
    09-15-11 11:54 AM
    Does it really matter if the PB dies off? Didn't we already hear the phones will use the same OS (I dont mean QNX, but actually the same OS with a radio file)? We know RIM needs us to use the OS so they can continue working on it.
    09-15-11 11:58 AM
    BGR enjoys posting negative material regarding RIM. Notice how there is never anything negative on their site regarding apple. BTW If I am not mistaken they reviewed the playbook and rated it one of the best if not the best.
    09-15-11 12:04 PM
    One of the reasons they love to bash RIM is that it drives a lot of traffic from the BB defenders to the Android and iOS users piling on... And now you're assisting them.
    pjmacklin likes this.
    09-15-11 12:11 PM
    BGR enjoys posting negative material regarding RIM. Notice how there is never anything negative on their site regarding apple. BTW If I am not mistaken they reviewed the playbook and rated it one of the best if not the best.
    Never? Hmmm. . .

Holding the iPhone 4 affects the antenna, degrades cellular signal?

iPhone 4 bursts into flames, burns hand

iPhone still tracks users when locations services are disabled, test finds
    brucep1 likes this.
    09-15-11 12:16 PM
    What is the time frame for Canadian summer, because I'm STILL waiting for some real updates that were promised in summer.
    We all have been.

This device doesnt even have half the features on it expected by now, rim has blown all its deadlines on it (even simply lied about having said them in the first place), and has received mediocre updates and nothing more since the bbm and video chat was added shortly after release.

I mean NOTHING has been done since except efficiency improvements and a few bug fixes. now their tactic is a stalling one where they r saying "nothing real is coming until october when 2.0 will make everybody smile!"

....and u r ALL d**n fools if you believe that a game changing update is coming out before december at best.
    09-15-11 03:24 PM
    The QNX is pretty good as far (used for a week), way better clicking the home button for switching apps. Killer is the lack of native apps like email, calendar and BBM. For me, if just come w/ FREE BBM� all is forgiven (iMessage is coming, if Blackberry still doesn�t give BBM for FREE they are going to the grave). If ONX 2.0 doesn�t turn things around not only PB going to grave but the whole RIMS. Torch w/ OS 6.0 is ****, ppl I know who bought/got one from work are returning /exchanging cause it kept crashing.
    09-15-11 04:05 PM
    The QNX is pretty good as far (used for a week), way better clicking the home button for switching apps. Killer is the lack of native apps like email, calendar and BBM. For me, if just come w/ FREE BBM� all is forgiven (iMessage is coming, if Blackberry still doesn�t give BBM for FREE they are going to the grave). If ONX 2.0 doesn�t turn things around not only PB going to grave but the whole RIMS. Torch w/ OS 6.0 is ****, ppl I know who bought/got one from work are returning /exchanging cause it kept crashing.
    Don't know what people you're talking to, but my Torch w/ 6.0 ran just superbly for a year and was still running fine when I retired it for the T2, which is running even superbly-er.

And maybe the future of the PlayBook is depending on Tablet OS 2.0, but certainly not the future of RIM as a whole.
    09-15-11 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD