ive had the playbook for a couple weeks now, and i must say - one of the features i am most amazed or happy with is the different bezel swipe features. i think RIM really has scored big with this. i was in at a local retail the other day and decided to try out one of the more recent Andriod tablets. it seemed like a nice enough device, but when i started to play around with it i kept trying to swipe up or swipe from the side. Then having to push a "home" button just seemed so ********. i suddenly missed my playbook. Just wanted to say, i totally love the ui the playbook has with the integration of bezel swiping it is simply put a VERY enjoyable experience.
    05-17-11 01:34 PM
    I also find myself sometimes accidentally trying to swipe when using my wife's iPad2
    The swipe down app menu system is also great for saving screen real estate, a great idea particularly for the smaller 7" screen.
    05-17-11 01:47 PM
    The thing that won't work for me at all is swiping my laptop screen ...
    05-17-11 02:03 PM
    I keep doing the damn upswipe to close apps on my Thunderbolt now....
    05-17-11 02:16 PM
    I have found that the bezel gestures do get in the way occasionally, such as when I'm playing air hockey or another similar game. On the other hand, when I use an iPod Touch in landscape and get into a game, sometimes I grip it too hard and hit the home key. Luckily with the PlayBook the app is still visible, unlike my iPod where the app closed completely... Everything has problems, so taking that into account, the PlayBook's gestures are more natural, and use the screen real estate better.
    05-17-11 02:23 PM
    My daughter tried to swipe my wife's laptop. Ironically she is 3 and has never touched my playbook. She has only seen me use it.
    05-17-11 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD