I'm wondering if I'm just missing something as I haven't seen this problem come up for anyone, but is anyone else being bothered by the way the Native file browser works for pictures? Being a photographer I love to take photos, and I think that the Playbook is a perfect way to display my photos to my friends on such a nice screen. However, when I want to say, attach a photo I've just taken to an email or something akin to that activity, I have to scroll through ALL my photos. I question why something as simple as putting folders, is not present on the Playbook's Native File system, or maybe I'm missing something?
    10-24-11 03:36 AM
    Well, clearly the concept of emailing pictures on a device with no native email capabilities was an after thought.

Heaven forbid you be able to just tap on an image and choose to be able to email it.

I'm guessing that functionality may come later. Least... I hope it will.
    10-24-11 04:07 AM
    I'm wondering if I'm just missing something as I haven't seen this problem come up for anyone, but is anyone else being bothered by the way the Native file browser works for pictures? Being a photographer I love to take photos, and I think that the Playbook is a perfect way to display my photos to my friends on such a nice screen. However, when I want to say, attach a photo I've just taken to an email or something akin to that activity, I have to scroll through ALL my photos. I question why something as simple as putting folders, is not present on the Playbook's Native File system, or maybe I'm missing something?
    I think the native image viewer is aesthetically appealing and simple to use. I really like it.

As far as navigating around the PlayBook's file system, there is no way to do this natively. There are apps that can be downloaded that will give you control of this though. I haven't had much experience with them but I know they are out there on App World.

I think as we start seeing native e-mail and more social network integration, we will get the ability to send images and other data seamlessly to other networks (facebook, twitter, e-mail), etc. the way BBOS currently does on handsets.
    10-24-11 04:09 AM
    IF you have Blackberry Bridge enabled, you can open a new email message, tap the attach icon and select Playbook>Pictures... you still have to flip through all your pics tho to find the one you want.

I am loving the Bridge more and more, btw.
    10-24-11 04:56 AM
    One of the "quirks" that I've continuously harped on. I have to scroll through over a 1,000 photos to attach the one I just took to an email. No folder organization outside of the initial album aspect of the viewer. Bla1ze may have hit on the reason - the lack of native email.
    10-24-11 09:47 AM
    Files & Folders has an experimental e-mail feature that should let you e-mail from (for instance) a GMail account.

It also has a nice thumbnail & gallery view, reads EXIF thumbnails from your photos. You could use the filter function to narrow down the list to the specific day/month/year. Finally it allows you to create and manage folders, but organising such a huge collection may be a little taxing.
    10-24-11 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD