So this is untested, but when my PB is idle, I seem to be getting much better battery drain when wifi is on and active, compared to when it's idle with wifi off.

Anyone else seen the same phenomenon?
    05-25-11 03:39 AM
    I am sure that this would be true, because it is working in the background. Not quite sure of what better battery drains is?
    05-25-11 04:07 AM
    Sorry, I mean better battery life, ie slower drain, when Wifi is on and idle versus when it's off.
    05-25-11 04:41 AM
    Got it now, I thought you meant that the battery drains faster while on WiFi.
    05-25-11 05:14 AM
    Yeah, it's true. Wifi uses battery the most. If you want to save battery, you need also pay attention to charge method. It's better to give a full charge to your Pb very month. And don't keep email checking and receiving automatically, which makes the device running all the time.
    05-25-11 05:57 AM
    Yeah, it's true. Wifi uses battery the most. If you want to save battery, you need also pay attention to charge method. It's better to give a full charge to your Pb very month. And don't keep email checking and receiving automatically, which makes the device running all the time.
    Well checking email would be a fine thing if the PB had native email on it...at the moment there isnt so the only way you can check emails is by bridging your BB phone to the pb.
    05-25-11 06:11 AM
    When fully charged, I have nearly 48 hours of juice with bridge, wifi and bluetooth on.
    05-25-11 06:15 AM
    When fully charged, I have nearly 48 hours of juice with bridge, wifi and bluetooth on.
    wow... amazing
    05-25-11 07:06 AM
    ur pb i is on steriods brah
    05-25-11 07:15 AM
    HUH?? Dude is your PB on roids? If I fully charge mine at 6AM, by 2:00PM I'm at 50%. That's regular/light usage... emails, web, a little BubbleBirds on my coffee break . What's your secret??
    05-25-11 07:25 AM
    Well checking email would be a fine thing if the PB had native email on it...at the moment there isnt so the only way you can check emails is by bridging your BB phone to the pb.
    Or if you're not on BES or corporate you can always go the web interface for email.
    05-25-11 07:58 AM
    You must mean in standby. You aren't getting numbers like that with use.
    05-25-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD