Hello everyone. - just got an email from bestbuy saying the playbook 64gb is out of stock. I ordered the day they came out around 830am est. I called bestbuy to see why it changed from "pre order" to out of stock and they informed me they have sold all of their pre-orders. Did anyone else get this email? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 09:39 AM
    Futureshop is owned by Best Buy, so it looks like others are getting the same message.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/go...-order-599887/
    03-30-11 10:03 AM
    I placed a 64GB order about the same time, but cancelled it next day and ordered a 32GB. I haven't received any emails. Just checked my order status and it still says 4/19 release. Nothing there regarding out of stock.

Hope we don't start seeing backorders, especially for orders placed within hours of pre-order announcement. If that happens I'm gonna take a break from these boards - it will get ugly!
    03-30-11 10:17 AM
    I think these are honestly just system generated emails as the inventory system is adjusted to put units into stock. I wouldn't worry about till way closer to the 19th.

I walked into Best Buy to order mine. I gave them cash, they gave me a reciept. No name, number or email address taken. I'm just supposed to show up on launch day and pay the balance and leave with my PB.

03-30-11 10:32 AM
    Ordered mine at bestbuy.ca on March 23. No email, order still showing "in progress"
    03-30-11 10:57 AM
    I pre-ordered from BustBuy somewhere around 6 in the morning on the first day - no notice, yet, but i will really be PO'ed.
    03-30-11 12:01 PM
    Cozmik - I would be really concerned if they did not take your name, number and/or email address. I pre-ordered my in Best Buy on March 23rd. They gave me a copy of the form that I filled out with the date that I filled it out - along with my $50 deposit/gift card that I paid. Just a thought
    03-30-11 12:41 PM
    Cozmik - I would be really concerned if they did not take your name, number and/or email address. I pre-ordered my in Best Buy on March 23rd. They gave me a copy of the form that I filled out with the date that I filled it out - along with my $50 deposit/gift card that I paid. Just a thought
    Best Buy simply counts how manu preorders are sold at a store and holds that many for the given time period.

03-30-11 03:09 PM
    Hello everyone. - just got an email from bestbuy saying the playbook 64gb is out of stock. I ordered the day they came out around 830am est. I called bestbuy to see why it changed from "pre order" to out of stock and they informed me they have sold all of their pre-orders. Did anyone else get this email? Thanks

Yep got the same e-mail saying it's out of stock!
    03-30-11 03:26 PM
    I got that today from futureshop.ca...so I left it there and went and did a preorder with bestbuy.ca...first one to ship gets the order and I cancel the other. On another interesting note I was able to use my futureshop gift card on the bestbuy website.
    03-30-11 03:59 PM
    I was just told my a BB staff that it is now considered backorder cause they don't have them in stock (no one does at this time). Accordingf to hhim This happens after your order is processed it goes from preorder to out of stock. Lol who knows what is right but oh well

03-30-11 04:41 PM
    I preordered from Bestbuy and still shows in process. I think its just system generated or could be since I'm silver rewards member. I hope its not really going to be backordered. Waiting for 64gb.
    03-30-11 04:52 PM
    I got the email saying Out of Stock as well.. canceled my Order and went to Staples and pre-ordered there..paid and was told that they are releasing it at 11:59PM on April 18th...Guess I'm going to go there and grab my new toy..no sleep for me that night! haha
    03-30-11 05:11 PM
    I'm not worried. I used to run the Home Theater dept at that store. Still know a few people there. I have a reciept that shows '64GB Playbook pre-order'. On April 19 I will show up and I'm pretty sure my PB will be waiting for me. If not, I'll get my $100 back and go down the street to Staples.

03-30-11 06:18 PM
    Will you look at that... my order is back to : "Pre-OrderRelease Date: 04/19/2011"

Not back order anymore... :S
    03-31-11 07:42 AM
    I got the "out of stock email". Today I got a "pre-release waiting on release date" email. Stop emailing me unless you're telling me it's being shipped! ;P

03-31-11 07:50 AM
    Yep i just got the same email today

"Thank you for your recent order at BestBuy.ca! We just wanted to inform you that your pre-order item(s) is currently awaiting the release date. You will receive a Shipment Notice email as soon as inventory is ready.

This order contains:
    Items(s) Currently On Order: Release Date
    BlackBerry 64GB PlayBook With Wi-Fi 19 Apr, 2011 "
    03-31-11 07:56 AM
    Just pre ordered my playbook, you could pre order any size. No one there even knew what the playbook was, they couldn't even tell me when the release date was (even though I knew).

04-02-11 12:21 PM
    Other than my order being flagged as possible fraud (due to $ amount compared to previous orders and my using a shipping address I have never used before) which was resolved really quickly I've had no problems since I switched my order to best buy yesterday. My order is processed and should be delivered April 18 - 25th - so I'm expecting the 27th ;p

04-02-11 01:46 PM
    Just pre ordered my playbook, you could pre order any size. No one there even knew what the playbook was, they couldn't even tell me when the release date was (even though I knew).
    Same thing happened to me. The day after the pre-orders went live I walked in to pre-order a 32gig. The first guy I talked to had no clue what it was then spent the next couple min telling me how terrible Blackberrys were. Then his coworker came over and noticed how irritated I was getting. He at least knew what a Playbook was, but was not aware of any pre-ordering process. He was kind enough to look up the details and told me that I could pre-order the 16gig in the store, but to get the 32 or 64 I would have to pre-order online. I really wanted it on the 19th, however, he was unable to tell me if it would ship on the 19th or if I would get it on the 19th. The estimate on bby.com says arrival between the 21st and 26th. Patience is definitely not one of my virtues when it comes to finally getting a playbook.
    04-02-11 02:11 PM
    I was just so dumb founded at this bestbuy, I talked to the ipad people and they said to talk to customer service, then customer service said to go talk to someone at the games section, no one was there. I then went to the cell phone people and they had ZERO clue about the playbook so they had to look it up and asked if I wanted the 32gig or 64gig but I only wanted the 16gig. She did say she should get them the day before launch date even though she didn't know when that was.
    04-02-11 06:37 PM
    I know what you mean. When the first guy I talked to had no idea what a playbook was... i had to take a min to comprehend what he was saying. I have hung on every playbook leak, post, and demo for so long I guess I forget that not everyone is a Crackberry addict.
    04-02-11 10:17 PM
    I went to pre-order my PB at the local Best Buy store today (Vancouver), and the CSR`s kinda knew what was going on. There was a piece of paper detailing which codes to punch, the process, how much to charge for the deposit, etc. There were signs in the front, the mobile section, and the notebook section detailing the 4X rewards points promotion for pre-ordering the playbook before April 18 (400 points is $5 bucks, and so 4x400 is $20 bucks and more). I went to Best Buy after my Staples.ca order fell through. I can also pick it up on the 19th versus having to wait for Staples to deliver it.
    04-02-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD