Its really annoying to see this type of stuff on a major retailer's website. I'm a big Playbook fan and naturally, I want it to do well in the market place and take over the tablet world...but it really grinds my gears to see that the Best Buy website can't even get the most general of specifications right.

According to the website, The BlackBerry Playbook DOES NOT support Adobe Flash...what?!?! I'm sure there are tons of people who see this and take it as gospel, just because its on the Best Buy website. Really annoying!

I sent them an email notifying them of the mistake. Maybe it's just a big conspiracy theory to kill the PB...any thoughts?
    06-29-11 10:20 AM
    06-29-11 10:28 AM
    Its really annoying to see this type of stuff on a major retailer's website. I'm a big Playbook fan and naturally, I want it to do well in the market place and take over the tablet world...but it really grinds my gears to see that the Best Buy website can't even get the most general of specifications right.

According to the website, The BlackBerry Playbook DOES NOT support Adobe Flash...what?!?! I'm sure there are tons of people who see this and take it as gospel, just because its on the Best Buy website. Really annoying!

I sent them an email notifying them of the mistake. Maybe it's just a big conspiracy theory to kill the PB...any thoughts?
    If you go to Best Buy, they will try to sell you an iPad. Their employees have no idea how to operate the PB. When I returned mine, they turned it on to make sure it was working. I had to show them how to navigate the OS and I opened the video for them and did some multi-tasking. They were all bug-eyed, "wow, this is cool! I didn't know it could do this!" Staples is worse. Go into their store and ask them if they sell the PB and they will have to ask someone else if they sell it. This is part of RIM's problem. Most of their co-opted reps are owners of iPads so that's what they like to sell because it is what they know.
    06-29-11 11:12 AM
    As a BestBuy consumer, I have been very disappointed in their approach concerning the PlayBook. Their sub par performance since its release is SAD and should be addressed at a higher level between them and RIM. In my area I have 3 BestBuy's and on release day and about a week later the PlayBook wasn't even on display, I had to ask for it and the sales rep went into a cabinet handed it to me and left. As I've read in these forums it seems that majority of the BestBuys are treating the PlayBook the same way ......
    06-29-11 11:54 AM
    I emailed them and posted in their forums last week and I was told by an admin that he had notified them of the incorrect information and that they were going to correct it. still wrong though as of now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 11:57 AM
    I surprised RIM doesn't have people in their marketing department (at least one) to deal with things like this. Maybe they do though?...
    06-29-11 12:01 PM
    If they do they need to get a new one.
    howarmat, xandermac and Spencerdl like this.
    06-29-11 12:02 PM
    What do you expect? It's 'Best' Buy. They suck.
    06-29-11 01:00 PM
    I surprised RIM doesn't have people in their marketing department (at least one) to deal with things like this. Maybe they do though?...
    Yes, they certainly should. Then again, it is up to Worst Buy to change their site, and RIM can't make them do that.
    06-29-11 03:33 PM
    If you go to Best Buy, they will try to sell you an iPad. Their employees have no idea how to operate the PB. When I returned mine, they turned it on to make sure it was working. I had to show them how to navigate the OS and I opened the video for them and did some multi-tasking. They were all bug-eyed, "wow, this is cool! I didn't know it could do this!" Staples is worse. Go into their store and ask them if they sell the PB and they will have to ask someone else if they sell it. This is part of RIM's problem. Most of their co-opted reps are owners of iPads so that's what they like to sell because it is what they know.
    The above is one of the advantages of launching first, with an interface that's virtually identical to your successful phones. The PlayBook's problem here isn't that it's navigation is different than the iPad; it's that it's navigation is different from all of RIM's other devices. As a result, even BlackBerry owners might not instantly understand how to use it, which could be an issue long-term.
    06-29-11 04:08 PM
    Very disappointed in BestBuy! I was at one of their stores today buying an apple charger for my MacBook (as my 14 month old adapter just died, but that is another story) and decided to look at their PlayBook display and was surprised to see 3 units on display, a 16/32 and 64 G. I proceded to wake up the first unit on display and it was stuck on the wifi configuration stage and could not find a wifi connection there for was useless. I proceed to the other 2 units only to find that they were not powered and not functioning. Seeing the PB's in this state was disappointing, these are great tablets and BestBuy has totally neglected them. How on earth does BestBuy expect to sell any??? This experience not only makes RIM look bad, but I have very little faith in BestBuy because of it.

RIM you make a great product but with retailers like this BestBuy location promoting your product, you have bigger problems than just competition from Apple and Android.
    Jayeboi likes this.
    06-29-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD