Hey guys,
    I noticed after this recent Playbook update, when I try using the "Best of the Web" bookmark in the stock browser it links me merely to the Blackberry US site. Has the address been changed? Did they close the page? If they did it's a shame, it was quite useful.
    09-18-13 07:26 PM
    what was the address? did you try it on a PC?
    09-18-13 08:36 PM
    what was the address? did you try it on a PC?
    Best of the web had entertainment, shopping ect now its gone with the update. My granddaughter will be upset now that its gone because she liked PBS kids. I don't know why they would direct best of the web to the US cell phone site there is already one on the stock browser called BlackBerry.
    09-18-13 10:17 PM
    Best of the web had entertainment, shopping ect now its gone with the update. My granddaughter will be upset now that its gone because she liked PBS kids. I don't know why they would direct best of the web to the US cell phone site there is already one on the stock browser called BlackBerry.
    Didn't use it much myself but it hacks me off that they make such a blatant effort to dragoon one into looking at their phone ad. Would have been better to remove "Best of Web" altogether if they couldn't continue it. Took the survey and told them there was zero chance would recommend a BB phone to anyone. BTW is there a Best of Web feature on BB10?
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-18-13 11:18 PM
    I don't think the update had anything to do with it. I did not update my 64gig yet and so just tapped on the "best of web" and also got a BB commercial!
    09-19-13 12:28 AM
    hmm, I guess they may have just shut down the page.
    09-20-13 06:20 PM
    I had an occasion to look at the bookmark after having upgraded last week, and it was still up then. Perhaps the person responsible for maintaining it was laid off today.
    09-20-13 09:36 PM
    Well, my wife and I are (were) regular users of the Best of the Web link. Colour me annoyed! What rationale could result in the closing down of the tool? Maybe new owners will reverse the removal?
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-24-13 05:35 PM
    Glad to find out I am not the only one to notice this was missing. I didn't use the link daily but I enjoy reading cnet, BBC and people. I came close to reloading my PB since it was missing after the last update.

Hey guys,
    I noticed after this recent Playbook update, when I try using the "Best of the Web" bookmark in the stock browser it links me merely to the Blackberry US site. Has the address been changed? Did they close the page? If they did it's a shame, it was quite useful.
    09-28-13 10:01 PM