I'm taking the plunge to different tablet only because my playbook is dying. Has anyone out there successfully found a tablet that easily tethers thru a BlackBerry phone particularly the z10

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 04:43 PM
    what exactly do you mean by 'tether'? You can always create a mobile hotspot with your Z10, in which case any tablet with wifi should work. As for PIM sharing (like Bridge), there is nothing. At least not until BlackBerry Blend is officially launched, at which point iOS and Android tablets should be able to access info on your BB10 device.
    howarmat likes this.
    09-07-14 06:05 PM
    I mean no wifi at home, andwant my new tablet to access the internet by tethering the data from the phone. In other words I dont have internet and want to access internet on the tablet thru the z10's data plan

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:29 PM
    Like the previous poster suggested, your Z10 can be set up as a mobile hotspot. What that means is the Z10 essentially becomes a portable router to which you can wirelessly connect a laptop, tablet, or any other device which has a wireless card. So, you are not limited in your selection of tech to connect to your Z10. In terms of tablets, it really depends on what you want to do with it and what your budget is. I really like the new Surface Pro tablets, but these are very pricey (it's essentially a laptop in the form of a tablet). If you are looking for something cheaper, you can always try an Android tablet or older iPad. Again, it really depends on what your needs are.
    09-08-14 08:01 AM
    Ok I think I got it. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 01:38 PM
    Also, check with your cellular provider as to the costs involved in creating a hotspot on your Z10 phone. For example, VZW charges for this feature. With Bridge, you can avoid these costs. You can also avoid these costs with an android phone and FoxFi app, too.
    09-08-14 05:07 PM
    nexus 7 or a dell venue pro for best tablet. depends on what all you want to do with it.
    09-08-14 05:23 PM
    Just downloaded the FoxFi app to try on my Z10. Installed no problem but have not had a chance to try it out yet. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:02 AM
    Just downloaded the FoxFi app to try on my Z10. Installed no problem but have not had a chance to try it out yet. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Posted via CB10
    can you not use a hotspot?
    09-09-14 07:43 AM
    Also, check with your cellular provider as to the costs involved in creating a hotspot on your Z10 phone. For example, VZW charges for this feature. With Bridge, you can avoid these costs. You can also avoid these costs with an android phone and FoxFi app, too.
    If you have the More Everything plan from Verizon, then you aren't charged "extra" for the hotspot feature.
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    09-09-14 08:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, first thing I tried with my Z30. I just maintain a secondary android backup.
    09-09-14 08:58 AM
    If you have the More Everything plan from Verizon, then you aren't charged "extra" for the hotspot feature.
    Mine's America Choice Share 400. The More Everything is quite expensive, isn't it? I'm already paying more than I want to, LOL.
    09-09-14 09:02 AM
    Asus memopad hd 7 has great reviews. The one with Intel quadcore. And price is very affordable

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:15 AM
    Lenovo Thinkpad 10 or Surface Pro
    09-09-14 10:24 AM
    Mine's America Choice Share 400. The More Everything is quite expensive, isn't it? I'm already paying more than I want to, LOL.
    Check with Verizon. I wasn't paying for the hotspot with the Z10 even before the "more everything" plan.
    09-09-14 10:26 AM
    Check with Verizon. I wasn't paying for the hotspot with the Z10 even before the "more everything" plan.
    I suppose if I begged and threatened to quit, they'd do it. I'm a longtime customer but don't have the time for such antics. LOL. When I try to activate hotspot on any phone, it goes through a billing routine.
    09-09-14 11:17 AM
    I have my iPad tethered to my Z30. It works quite well for browsing and is even fast enough for Netflix.
    09-11-14 01:12 PM
    nexus 7 or a dell venue pro for best tablet. depends on what all you want to do with it.
    I'm not convinced about the dell venue 8 pro anymore. Screen is too small for Windows 8, you can't scale the fonts in Metro mode, and it as it kicks you into desktop mode too often. On a Surface though, different story.
    09-17-14 01:22 PM