Right now I'm lovin the Feed Wheel app as my preferred RSS reader for the Playbook. Any other thoughts? FW lets you choose to scroll like normal (by swiping your finger) or move your thumb in a circle a la an old school iPod to scroll which I think is pretty cool. Google reader integration and some slick UI that gives a nice preview, full screen, or browser view options, and lets you flip the side your list vs preview screen is on. Links below:

BlackBerry App World - Feed Wheel

Feed Wheel: Feed Wheel for BlackBerry Playbook - Now Available
    05-02-11 12:25 PM
    How did you get the Google reader integration to work?
    I tap Configure, Google Reader, and then am prompted for my User name and Password but cannot bring up keyboard to enter them. Tapping the cells basically does nothing.
    mscooley likes this.
    05-09-11 03:53 PM
    To bring up the keyboard, swipe diagonally from your bottom left corner. This is a good app but GeeReader has it beat by far. The speed is amazing. BlackBerry App World - GeeReader
    05-09-11 04:12 PM
    GeeReader, easy to configure with your google account and is fast.
    05-09-11 04:26 PM
    I'm using GeeReader, only thing that it's missing is Share/Send To "Twitter" option.
    05-09-11 04:34 PM
    Does Geereader then have your google PW? I wouldn't like that?
    05-09-11 05:20 PM
    all not very good. tried them both.
    give me social feeds from torch or digital journal. or fluent news any day.
    05-09-11 05:28 PM
    i was using feed wheel but tried gee reader & im hooked on it, feed wheel still a little buggy, gee reader is faster i think. To the person who asked if they ask for your google password... feed wheel gives you that option or just add add the same feed without syncing
    05-09-11 05:36 PM
    How did you get the Google reader integration to work?
    I tap Configure, Google Reader, and then am prompted for my User name and Password but cannot bring up keyboard to enter them. Tapping the cells basically does nothing.
    There's a checkbox that enables syncing, then you can type in your username and password.
    05-09-11 11:11 PM
    Both Feed Wheel and Geereader are really good. Right now i prefer Gee for the speed and ui - although the image implementation in feed wheel make it easier to browse with, just hate the lag returning to the home screen.

I suspect they will both appeal to to users and it might be each evolves to optimize their apps at which point either one will be the answer, just which way you prefer to see your feeds.
    05-09-11 11:49 PM
    Another vote for GeeReader which was much faster and easier to add google reader feeds than with Feed Wheel. To be fair, I have not gotten Feed Wheel to run smoothly enough to give it a fair shake. But GeeReader is a reasonably speedy, polished app for this early in the pb era, and it looks like the developer will be adding features in pending upgrades. It's funny, GeeReader's performance has improved after I re-installed the latest QNX upgrade (which fixed an unrelated problem I was having backing up the pb through DM).
    05-10-11 12:28 AM
    Try fluent news. Or instapaper.
    05-10-11 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD