It's finally time to put a protective cover on my PB. It's in the top 5 of my all-time favorite gadgets, and now it's time to protect it.

I know there were many threads started on this, but it's really hard to decide because Best Buy doesn't carry squat for the playbook. I can only rely on this forum and a handful of youtube video reviews.

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to 2:

1) The Targus Truss case/stand
    2) The Mivizu Convertable case/stand

Can anyone chime in? Am I overlooking any good ones?

I've considered the Otterbox defender, but I'd really rather not add all that weight/bulk to it.
    08-18-11 12:29 PM
    I just posted this link last night in a thread of mine.

Targus Zierra – Awesome case for PlayBook

I liked the Truss case and almost went for it, but I wanted the case to be able to hold a pen, paper, business cards, etc.
    Redbird1 likes this.
    08-18-11 12:32 PM
    For my needs, I like and use the Case-Mate Pop.

BlackBerry PlayBook Pop! case by Case-Mate
    bquinney and Redbird1 like this.
    08-18-11 12:34 PM
    I, and many others swear by this one. Very happy with it!

audijeep and Redbird1 like this.
    08-18-11 12:37 PM
    Don't get the leather journal RIM makes. Paid $49 for it and wish I had researched a bit. What I don't like with that case is the case must be wide open when sitting the Playbook down to charge, it lacks a hole to allow charging with the case closed.
    May sound nit picky but it is very inconvenient in actual use, the screen is always exposed when charging. Thiking of cutting a hole myself but the case will probably fray and look like crap if I attempt that.
    08-18-11 01:58 PM
    I, and many others swear by this one. Very happy with it!

JUST got this one yesterday, after running around with the Otterbox since launch day...PERFECT case to still reap the benefits of the slim form-factor of the device, AND offer 360* protection...

They've got the generic one on Amazon for $30ish, right now.
    08-18-11 03:05 PM
    I just got the Acase.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-16-a-623833/
    08-18-11 03:34 PM
    Thiking of cutting a hole myself but the case will probably fray and look like crap if I attempt that.
    An exacto knife and a bit of glue along the edge of the cut may do the trick.
    08-18-11 03:41 PM
    ive been using the zip case myself. Doesnt do anything special, its just a case, but it does the job of protecting the device and the zip means its not pulling at the edges of the playbook when you remove it

I do like the look of that leather one with the business card holders mind you, may have to pick one of those up for work
    08-18-11 04:13 PM
    08-18-11 04:33 PM
    It's not the journal-type case, but I like this one.
    Feels perfect with my rapid dock charger
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6572541
    08-18-11 04:34 PM
    I agree with this guy. I bought one a month ago and it's great and cheap too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 08:52 PM
    I'm just using the OEM convertible case and love it, except the power button.
    08-18-11 09:12 PM
    I've tried the following and all have their pluses and minuses...

Otterbox - awesome protection, shield/stand combo... adds significant bulk..

BB Convertible Case - great small profile, well built, quick and easy stand... no clasp to keep case shut, no storage for stylus, etc

Roocase Executive Leather Case - professional design, zip closure, holder for tablet velcros in and can be easily removed, storage for stylus/cards/paper, built in stand with magnet closure... bulky case

So... Roocase is currently my favorite but they all serve their purposes and are useful in different situations...
    08-18-11 09:33 PM
    I'm just using the OEM convertible case and love it, except the power button.
    same and i also use a rubber case i got from amazon.com for 10 bucks
    dampap likes this.
    08-18-11 09:33 PM
    Hey bought this one recently and i love it protects in everyway i need it to and looks great.
    DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet | DODOcase
    08-18-11 11:01 PM
    For my needs, I like and use the Case-Mate Pop.

BlackBerry PlayBook Pop! case by Case-Mate
    I use and like this case also. It has actually saved my PB from a chest -high fumble and drop onto the sidewalk.
    08-18-11 11:35 PM
    I bought a Targus Truss case shortly after I got my Playbook. I love the case. The other Targus case is nice if you want to carry cards and a pen. It's also a little thicker so I prefer the Truss.

At a Staples near me (only one of three), they have a markdown shelf. Among other things, they have the blue gel skin for $2.50 (originally $19.99) and the black soft shell case for $3.50 (originally 29.99!). I bought both.

Now, when my Playbook goes out, I put it in the Truss. But for lounging around home, I've got a couple of skins to choose from.
    08-19-11 12:29 AM
    I was a big fan of the Dodocase (and had previously posted on it in older threads). However, I no longer use it and have since replaced it with the simple CaseMate Barely There case and a simple tri-fold attache case from Solo.

My reason for dumping the DodoCase is because of the lack of a hole for the rear facing camera (yes, I could have cut a hole myself) and the Dodocase actually scratched and tore into the rubbery coating at two corners of my PB.

When I bought the Dodocase, initially I did not see myself as one who would take a lot of pictures with my PB. Well, after using my PB more and more at work, I found that I now do take quite a few pictures so until I got my CaseMate case, I had to pop out the PB from the Dodocase. It was then that I discovered that the fit of the Dodocase's bamboo frame and rubber corner caps was so snug that the bamboo actually scratched and tore the rubber coating of the PB. I now place a small piece of scotch tape over the tear to prevent it from getting worse. To loosen things up a little so as to not make things worse, I had to use my Dremmel to sand down the bamboo frame just a tad. I could have contacted Dodocase, but in the end chose not too and simply "retired" it and bought the CaseMate Barely There case as it had just become available at the time. And, while on a business trip I found a tri-fold attache case from Solo that fit the PB perfectly and had room to spare for pens, my foldable bluetooth keyboard and a small notepad and yet not too bulky overall.

In the end, the Dodocase is a nice classy looking case, but it wasn't for me. I would say if you are considering the Dodocase, pay close attention to the fit to the PB and watch for scratching and potential tearing of the rubber coating.
    08-19-11 01:19 AM
    I bought a "carbon fibre" case from ebay for only �12, its solidly built, and acts as a stand as well. It also has the blackberry logo and brand stamped into the material and is just perfect. I've no quibbles about throwing my pb in my bag and not worrying about it as I know its protected.

Only downfall is the flap opens downwards and gets in the way on your lap, but when I'm using it for extended periods I just take it out

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-19-11 06:18 AM
    I use uniq sliq kriz case, it's similar to the icon carbon but with a denim like feel. I'm looking to pair with bodyguardz carbon, has anyone ever paired an icon carbon with bodyguard carbon? I want to know if it could play well together..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 06:31 AM
    Canada Computers has all Playbook cases on sale, some at 60% off. Targus Black leather Truss is $20:
    TARGUS - IPAD TABLET ACCESSORIES BLACK LEATHER TRUSS FOR RIM PLAYBOOK | Canada Computers
    08-19-11 11:20 AM
    I bought the OEM soft shell skin and I carry it around in the zipper sleeve. I really like both. They are not too bulky.
    08-19-11 01:07 PM
    thanks guys for all the product info, I'm after a briefcase style case with enough room for pen, paper and even a wallet or 9800/9900BB and still protect the playbook. I have had a look at the Roocase Executive Leather Case and it looked quite good but if it only had a bit more room inside. If you know of any others please let me know thanks again
    08-24-11 08:43 PM
    Also looking for a case.

Has anyone any experience with the -Blurex- or the -Ballistic-?

tia
    12-29-11 12:02 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD