Since there are so many announced places to purchase my new Playbook, need help selecting best one. Which has the best return policy-if it impossible to use? Which has the best replacement policy for a defective device? Which is likely to have the largest quantity in first shipment stock? Overall recommended supplier? I have no reason but the best support and most likely to have one in stock as my criteria. Til now I have bee saddled with Verizon for my Blackberry internet access, but now many new purchase options open up. I will be using WiFi and connecting to my home WiFi network.
    03-30-11 01:55 PM
    Don't get it (or anything) at Best Buy. They are over-priced rip-off artists who will keep your money once they have it. Good luck returning anything. I will never shop there again.
    03-30-11 02:02 PM
    03-30-11 02:11 PM
    I never had a return problem with Staples. If you order from on-line you can bring the product to a store or get a UPS return sticker. Over $50 they give free shipping.

Here is their policy
    Staples.com� | Return Policy

As far as price, right now all the US authorized distributors will be selling at the RIM published list price. Best Buy has a link on the RIM site. Staples has a dedicated 'tablet' sub-section.

Points? There are several on-line 'malls' that link to BB or Staples giving their own points or perks (like United Mall).
    Last edited by mandony; 03-30-11 at 02:28 PM.
    03-30-11 02:24 PM
    I was ordering with Staples, but then i switched to Best Buy. Best Buy had a much more affordable 2 year protection plan, express shipping, and they knew what they were talking about date-wise.
    03-30-11 02:34 PM
    Don't get it (or anything) at Best Buy. They are over-priced rip-off artists who will keep your money once they have it. Good luck returning anything. I will never shop there again.
    I have returned at least 2 Sirius satellite radios. Bought the warranty (only time I have done this). The great thing is if I bought it for $350 and when it becomes defective the new price on the shelf is $300.00. I get a store gift card for the $350 and eventually have $50 left over to buy what ever.

My current radio is about to get returned also. Problem is the radio I have isn't available so I am trying to figure out what do it.

Might just buy the Playbook at Best Buy with my credit and get my satellite radio somewhere else.
    03-30-11 02:46 PM
    I've never had any problems with Best Buy, for as much as they get bashed. I just pre-ordered the 16 GB version from them. I had a gift card and a rewards certificate, so going with them made sense for me.
    03-30-11 02:59 PM
    Today I was two stores (getting a laptop case) I asked in both about the Playbook.
    In Futureshop I asked the first guy who came up to me "Are you getting the Playbook?" to which he replied "yeah, some day". He was very "blah" so when another assistant asked me "Can I help?" I asked "Are you getting in the playbook on launch day, April 19th?" and she replied "we'll get it when we get it".
    ok.
    At Staples I asked one guy and he lit up like it was Christmas morning "Yeah, absolutely, you can pre order, it's going to be great, multitasking, processing, android apps in time just amazing...". Whether it's commission or what it was VERY different at Staples than at Future Store. I'm going with Staples, the PLaybook seems to matter to them.
    03-30-11 03:08 PM
    Usually, there are 10% off coupons that float around for Worst Buy. I have one and am going to try using it.
    03-30-11 04:33 PM
    dont order from BB or future shop in ontario... they have 'enviorment tax' ... staples does not.
    03-31-11 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD