I still use my PBK to record my guitar, piano, and other attempts and it records quality stereo audio, superior to even my z30!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-19-15 06:24 PM
    That's a great piece of information. Never tried my PB as a recorder....something else to check out!
    01-21-15 09:07 AM
    Must just be the right combo of stereo mics and good hardware. Very pleasing sound from a 4 year old tab!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-21-15 12:09 PM
    Still think the PlayBook was the best Hardware that BlackBerry every produced (or had produced). For it's time it was even better than the Passport as it excelled in many areas over the competition.

Would have made an excellent Android Tablet at that time.....
    01-21-15 03:07 PM
    I think it's a market BlackBerry could have really captured, if only the software had launched complete, and they had launched with a full android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 10:11 PM
    I started recording violin practice sessions on the PB a couple of years ago as well as my instructor's accompaniments for me to play to and she was so impressed with the sound quality (super kudos because she has such a discriminating ear) that she ditched her mike and iPad setup and bought a PB just for her violin instruction and recording use. She now records her practice sessions for her own critique. The tones and nuances of the violin recordings are so spot on it's scary. I just hang it on the music stand in front of me so the mikes are clear.

FWIW, I have my instructor record new pieces for me to practice to and if they're a little to complex or fast for me in the beginning, I use an app called MSC (Music Speed Changer) to slow down the track a little until I'm familiar enough with it to pick it up. Still a workhorse tablet for me.
    01-27-15 07:38 PM
    I started recording violin practice sessions on the PB a couple of years ago as well as my instructor's accompaniments for me to play to and she was so impressed with the sound quality (super kudos because she has such a discriminating ear) that she ditched her mike and iPad setup and bought a PB just for her violin instruction and recording use. She now records her practice sessions for her own critique. The tones and nuances of the violin recordings are so spot on it's scary. I just hang it on the music stand in front of me so the mikes are clear.

FWIW, I have my instructor record new pieces for me to practice to and if they're a little to complex or fast for me in the beginning, I use an app called MSC (Music Speed Changer) to slow down the track a little until I'm familiar enough with it to pick it up. Still a workhorse tablet for me.
    Cool!! I'm glad to hear others agree with my ear. I record my electric guitar most of the time and usually any mic'd recording of it sounds dodgy, but with the PlayBook I can even get percussive bass response when I replay it. Amazing for an old tablet.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 10:31 AM