Hey guys,

Just thought some of you might like this. It's so classy!

DODOCase for Blackberry Playbook

I really want one but with the shipping to Canada it becomes a little expensive. I'm probably going to end up getting one anyway...
    Last edited by phillechill; 05-16-11 at 09:08 AM.
    05-16-11 09:00 AM
    how much? and where can we canadians get one? we always get ripped on cool products (due to shipping, taxes, etc. etc. etc.)
    05-16-11 09:05 AM
    The case itself is 59.99$ but with shipping to Montreal it goes up to 87.01$...
    05-16-11 09:08 AM
    The case itself is 59.99$ but with shipping to Montreal it goes up to 87.01$...
    Damn!

Knew this was too good for us...
    05-16-11 09:25 AM
    Can anyone who has one comment about it (in regards to build quality, features, etc)?

I would like to get one, but my hold up is the lack of hole for the rear facing camera. In light of that, how easy is it to remove the PlayBook if I wanted to us that camera then?

I agree with the OP, it looks very classy...
    05-16-11 09:36 AM
    I thought about getting this one, but ended up getting the BlackBerry PlayBook Journal case. They are both similar and look like a mole skin journal, but I think that official case looks a little better than the DODO. The spine is a little thinner and the BlackBerry logo looks awesome. Plus, it has a camera hole on the back... The plus for the DODO is that is easier to access the power button.
    05-16-11 09:56 AM
    I currently have one of these for my iPad 2, and also had one for the original iPad. I've flirted with the idea for getting one for the PB but haven't made up my mind yet as I don't really mind the sleeve it comes with.

I can tell you the build quality is fantastic. They are each individually hand made and offer great protection when closed, as well as a good angle for typing in landscape. They really look fantastic and are well worth the money imo. Shipping takes a few days as they will have to make your choice of color, but you can't go wrong with these cases.
    phillechill likes this.
    05-16-11 10:36 AM
    You can also ask Dodo to drill a hole in the back of the case for the camera. They'll do it.
    cmcichon likes this.
    05-16-11 11:19 AM
    I got mine (green) last week and I love it. It is well-built and stylish. It does take a while to get it after you order it because it is handcrafted. The fit is very snug and your PB will not easily pop out of the bamboo frame. There is no camera hole for the rear facing camera, but that wasn't much of an issue for me.

My only issue with the case albeit a small one is the hole for the headphone jack. It is a very tight fit for my headphones with an angled jack. DODOcase says it fits...and it does. But the hole on my case was not exactly centered over the PB headphone jack. To fix it, I had to drill/sand the hole bigger just a tad at one end with my Dremel. So be cautious if you have headphones with angled jacks.
    phillechill likes this.
    05-16-11 11:51 AM
    I posted a mini review with some pics in this thread if you're interested.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/do...review-611977/

Bottom line, my playbook hasn't left the Dodocase since I got it a couple weeks ago.
    05-16-11 04:39 PM
    anybody want to organize a bulk order to the uk to save on shipping?
    05-16-11 05:02 PM
    Looks nice, wish they had one in pink. Looks like it renders the rear camera uselses as it is such a tight fit in the bamboo that it is hard to remove. Unlike the cover for the otterbox that either covers the screen or the rear camera. Oh well something perfect will come out eventually
    05-16-11 05:10 PM
    I don't see how this is better/different that the OEM convertible case. The direction in which it flips open is different than the convertible case. a strap?
    05-16-11 05:39 PM
    i'd be all over this if it wasnt for the rear camera issue.

how did not adding a hole in the back for the camera be such a big oversight for such a beautiful case?
    05-16-11 07:29 PM
    and i'm quite pleased with it, I was also bothered by it not having hole for the camera but I drilled one myself. When I have a chance I will post pics.
    05-16-11 08:42 PM
    Sorry I'll pass. I prefer my Piel Frama case.

Just personal preference...

PG
    05-16-11 09:07 PM
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the comments! I ended buying the blue one

I also got this code at the end if any of you wanted to buy one (it also saves me 10% if you use it... ) :
    10% off a Dodocase

Thanks again for your comments!
    05-25-11 10:09 AM
    I did not care for this case, ever since I removed the screen protector from the otterbox it hasn't left it. Again personal preference
    05-25-11 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD