Skull Candy are good head phones, need to get a set for my PlayBook soon also.
    05-01-12 04:10 PM
    tell me if u bought it ..is it good..bad..slippery or not
    05-01-12 04:19 PM
    If you are interested in the very simple technique I use to to resolve the deep-ear problem for a much more secure IEM fit, let me know and I'l help you. I believe in helping people rather than trying to make people find their own way, which is what I suffer from a lot of online places.

The technique I use involves easily-purchased heat-shrink tubing, a variety set of drills (drill bits to some), scissors to cut the heat-shrink, common handsoap to coat the drills and a cigarette lighter or heat gun.

Also some common rubbing alcohol and ear swabs to clean up the extensions...cool them off and all.
    Also the Etymotic triple flanges go very deep.
    05-01-12 04:42 PM
    yeah ..some friends suggest the skull candy titan for me ..they say it's stable in the ear and gives great sound clarity and decent high bass ..

but will it last for a long time ..or i will have to buy another set in 2 months ..and i will have a broken earphones..or messed up wire
    Go to Amazon and check the reviews of actual owners.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-01-12 04:45 PM
    Retail for a little more than $40 (like $425) but I am traveling weekly and would not fly without these now. Found mine refurbished for $180 + free shipping. They are on-ear style though.

- bluetooth
    - has a mic for phone calls
    - noise cancelling
    - talk through (makes it easy to hear flight attendant on a loud aircraft)
    - connect via audio cable when battery dies, or on airplane and cannot use BT
    - rechargable via micro USB (can swap battery)
    - fold up for traveling
    - very comfortable, light weight, sound is very good

I have Motorola S9 for working out/running/biking, picked them up on eBay for $20 5 years ago. Mic died on them but love not having a cable when being active.
    05-01-12 04:59 PM
    I've got a pair of Sennheiser CX300II earbuds that I picked up in NY state a couple of years ago for $29 - they sell for $90 here in Canada. They sound great on my Nexus S with the free EQ app from Google Play, but they sound tinny, flat and lifeless in the PB, using the same music files (320 kbps Lame encoded mp3's).

Why isn't there an EQ available for the Playbook yet? I've installed the ported Android WinAmp and it's crappy too. This tablet has tons of potential to be a killer multimedia machine, and yet no one has a decent music player or EQ available yet. I wonder if it's worth pestering the developer of the EQ app?

Email: [email protected]

Failing that, does anyone have a workaround - that works?
    The reason it sounds flat to you is because the PB is a very accurate player, which is flat or neutral. I prefer accurate over flavored music, therefore not really into EQing. If your player and earphones are accurate, you shouldn't have to EQ anything. Most "audiophoiles" I know and members of a couple of audiophile forums, only EQ to make up for deficient players or earphones/headphones. I use an EQ in my home and car system because I have some high frequency loss in my right ear. When using quality IEMs, it's not as noticeable so not needed.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-01-12 05:00 PM
    Go to Amazon and check the reviews of actual owners.
    mmmmm ok

Retail for a little more than $40 (like $425) but I am traveling weekly and would not fly without these now. Found mine refurbished for $180 + free shipping. They are on-ear style though.

- bluetooth
    - has a mic for phone calls
    - noise cancelling
    - talk through (makes it easy to hear flight attendant on a loud aircraft)
    - connect via audio cable when battery dies, or on airplane and cannot use BT
    - rechargable via micro USB (can swap battery)
    - fold up for traveling
    - very comfortable, light weight, sound is very good

I have Motorola S9 for working out/running/biking, picked them up on eBay for $20 5 years ago. Mic died on them but love not having a cable when being active.
    5 years ! ..wow ..i need somethin like that

i think um buyin those candy too
    05-01-12 08:39 PM
    mmmmm ok

5 years ! ..wow ..i need somethin like that

i think um buyin those candy too
    Don't get the Motorola SD9 (or the newest version, the Motorola SD10) if you are thinking of going the in-ear wireless Bluetooth route. The low end frequency response is appalling even if you can get a good fit with one of the provided proprietary silicon ear buds. What's worse is that the SD9/SD10s are really uncomfortable to wear. I mean, almost painful, like a vice. Plus the whole loop over the ear and around the back thing makes you look like a total dork.

You are better off getting the LG HBS 700 -- it looks like you have regular wired in-ear buds, but the Bluetooth electronics are in a innocuous and very comfortable neck band that drapes around the back of the neck. The sound is much better, too (although of course we're dealing with Bluetooth stereo here and not wired sound, but most people can't really tell the difference unless there is a dropout for whatever reason).

If you are sticking with the wired, don't worry about whether the Skull Candy or whatever will last. They will just as well as the higher-end ones. Plus if something does happen to them, they're at most $10 at Marshalls.

If you're concerned about a mess with the wires, look for flat wire style earphones. Those don't tangle.
    05-02-12 08:54 AM
    Sound is subjective, so every person you ask will tell you a different variation of "what's best."

I despise anything going into my ear. I exercise/walk with V-Moda Crossfades, since I can talk on my phone through them and they isolate really well. My real cans for serious listening are Sennheiser HD-600's.

The only way you can be happy is to try as many sets as you can get your hands on, and buy what makes your ears happy. No matter how good or bad something sounds to one person, someone else will say it's the best/worst they've ever heard.
    05-02-12 09:05 AM
    Sound is subjective, so every person you ask will tell you a different variation of "what's best."

I despise anything going into my ear. I exercise/walk with V-Moda Crossfades, since I can talk on my phone through them and they isolate really well. My real cans for serious listening are Sennheiser HD-600's.

The only way you can be happy is to try as many sets as you can get your hands on, and buy what makes your ears happy. No matter how good or bad something sounds to one person, someone else will say it's the best/worst they've ever heard.

You're right, earphones/headphones are a very subjective choice, but whereas many people are happy with whatever they use or choose, most of the time it's either because they haven't heard quality sound reproduction or they don't care. I was in that first group.

Years ago I was happy with whatever fit my ear well and more often than not, was using buds for mobile listening. But the time came when I needed something very good at sound isolation and was steered toward a pair of ER6s, which are still some of the best for isolation and lack of cord tranference. I thought that $239 was crazy for earphones, but needed them, so i got a pair. The first couple of tracks I listened to sounded pretty bad in my opinion, but I did learn what soundstage was and clarity. long story short, I found out that my mp3 rips at 96 and 128, as well as a bad player were the cause of the bad sound. The ER6s were so accurate that every flaw and playback error was now evident. After hearing one track uncompressed, wow! I was in music heaven! I had no idea it could sound so present and lifelike. Every nuance and instrument I had been missing using the buds and cheaper earphones was now very evident.

Many people are like me, having no idea how good it can be until they hear the difference. They may very well like what they hear with a pair of Skull Candys, but I bet they'll like even more a pair of Shure's, Westone's, JH Audio or Etymotics. Most of the higher quality IEM companies have single armature models under $100 and are an outstanding value compared to lower quality devices. They are a great way to introduce yourself to better quality music.

BUT I warn you, you start down this road and it will never end.

One more note. Speaking of cans/headphones, most consumers don't realize that very few quality cans can be properly driven by an mp3 player or PMD without the use of an amp. Good quality headphones usually have a higher ohm rating than what portable devices were designed to drive. There are some out there, but research, check the specs and reviews before buying headphones for a portable device.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-02-12 10:05 AM
    Check out Pioneer CXL60s great deal at bestbuy. bought a pair for 35$ and they are fantastic. don't think you will find a better pair for twice the money.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 10:15 AM
    Guess I'll be the first, but I've got a pair.

For the low end price point ($40), the best earbuds, in my opinion hands down, are Apple's.
    05-02-12 10:27 AM
    Guess I'll be the first, but I've got a pair.

For the low end price point ($40), the best earbuds, in my opinion hands down, are Apple's.
    You have got to be kidding.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-28-12 11:08 AM
    You have got to be kidding.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Sadly I don't think he is.

S'ok...let the ostrich be.

Just back away and let the reality train eventually hit'em.
    05-28-12 11:17 AM
    I ended up buying Best Buy's house brand Rocketfish bluetooth headset. If you're looking for Bose-quality sound, these are not for you. But for $54.00, I'm pretty impressed.

My only knock against the headphones is that they are behind-the-head headphones which took some getting used to. Aside from that, though, I've been very happy.

I have paired the headphones to both my Playbook and my 9650. When I turn the headphones on, I select the Playbook to pair first and then the phone. They automatically pair for audio and audio control to the Playbook and pair for remote phone to the 9650. This means that I can listen to music or videos and also use my phone via a shared bluethooth connection. There's a mic in the right earpiece so that it's fully functional for both devices.

Range for music is very good at around 40 feet before you start to get any stutter. When I'm on the phone, I'm told that my call sound quality is very good too (even in the car with the window open).

Battery life is pretty good too. I can listen to around 8 hours of music before it starts beeping at me to charge the battery. And charge time is only around 2.5 to 3 hours for a full charge.
    05-28-12 11:26 AM
    Sadly I don't think he is.

S'ok...let the ostrich be.

Just back away and let the reality train eventually hit'em.
    Not kidding at all, and I have a pair of higher end studio Shure's for home also. For that price point they provide great sound at each level. I've tried others similar and always come back to Apple's.

I'll be a happy ostrich riding a train 7 days a week.
    05-28-12 01:38 PM
    Not kidding at all, and I have a pair of higher end studio Shure's for home also. For that price point they provide great sound at each level. I've tried others similar and always come back to Apple's.

I'll be a happy ostrich riding a train 7 days a week.
    It is certainly possible to get an acceptable sound from low-cost units. I know that when I was beginning my audiophile adventure, I started out with a set of $30 JVC HA-FX66, which I felt offered surprising bass response and acceptable clarity if sealed just right.

I certainly don't find them acceptable now, after using genuine audiophile-grade IEMs, but they are certainly better than most others. So, yes, a person can find an acceptable sound quality from just about any driver because SQ is wholly dependent on the hearer. Saying that, I have come to understand that all ears are trainable. That is, just like our eyes can acclimate to lighting conditions, ears can acclimate to their sound environment. If a person listens to one particular driver all the time, their ears will acclimate to the sound they produce and the hearer will eventually find it is the perfect sound for them. But going to a well-revered audiophile-grade IEM from those lower-end units will generally produce undesirable results until the ears adjust.

Example: Listening to very high-treble-producing IEMs will result in the ear adjusting to compensate for the high treble. If the hearer listens to normal treble-producing-IEMs, they will sound muffled and lacking clarity...until the ear adjusts to them. And this applys to bass response as well.

Human hearing isn't static, it's dynamic. It, just like any part of a biological body, will dynamically adjust to its surroundings. The ears are no different.
    05-28-12 01:56 PM
    because i had a low budget...and i needed to buy'em fast..went to radioshack..couldn't find any thing but the SkullCandy.. bought it for 40$ ...and it wasn't Titan model ...and i was like but bought it temporarily ..i think i wll order dr beats..at the end of this year..

but to tell...skullcandy gives me an amazing music experience...specially with the winamp android app..

thank you all guys..for the big help..and um takin all what u mentioned in consider when i buy the next earphones
    06-02-12 11:31 AM
    I have the v-moda "bass freq" that have great sound quality.
    Retail 39.99
    On ebay
    Lime green $8.88 V-MODA Bass Freq Jungle Green Earbuds headphones | eBay

Orange $8.88V-MODA Bass Freq Orange Earbuds headphones apple mp3 ipod | eBay

8hz - 22,00hz
    24k gold end
    10mm neodymium rare earth magnets
    Hawnz likes this.
    06-02-12 12:22 PM
    I use the shok industries... They work exceptionally well!
    06-02-12 04:08 PM
    Bose, the best.
    06-02-12 10:13 PM
    I have the v-moda "bass freq" that have great sound quality.
    Retail 39.99
    On ebay
    Lime green $8.88 V-MODA Bass Freq Jungle Green Earbuds headphones | eBay

Orange $8.88V-MODA Bass Freq Orange Earbuds headphones apple mp3 ipod | eBay

8hz - 22,00hz
    24k gold end
    10mm neodymium rare earth magnets
    Thanks for the tip. I ordered 2. While I would buy better headphones, my problem is that I go thru too many. I buy the best I can find for under $15. I lose them, gotten smashed in car doors, bitten by dogs and run over by tires. That was in the last year.
    06-03-12 02:34 AM
    I just use the earphones hat came with my blackberry smartphone
    06-03-12 03:43 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD