Does anybody have any recommendations as to what is the best case for the playbook? Ive been using the neoprene sleeve that came with it, but really fancy a change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    rexrim likes this.
    08-20-12 07:30 PM
    Plenty of choices out there. I like & use the convertible case from BB. Also there the Journal case which look nice.

rexrim likes this.
    08-20-12 07:54 PM
    I have the 'Clip Case for BlackBerry� PlayBook™ Tablet' and I love it.
    It's on sale as well at Brookstone.
    ericrangel76 and mikeplus1 like this.
    08-20-12 08:22 PM
    Imo...this one is one of the best.

Jamaicangirl81 likes this.
    08-20-12 08:41 PM
    I'm not sure if there's a BEST case, I guess it really depends on how each individual uses their own PlayBook. I have an OTTERBOX, Leather OEM JOURNAL CASE and the Leather OEM ENVELOPE.....I find myself using the Journal case 80% of the time
    08-20-12 08:55 PM
    I'm a fan of the OEM Rubber one. It's simple, cheap and does the job. It's also a breeze to take off when I want to run around naked... The PlayBook that is.
    08-20-12 08:57 PM
    I have the neoprene sleeve in black and blue, but it's kind of inconvenient if you want to use your PlayBook really quickly. I have the journal case shown in the post after the original post, and it is really nice. I got it at Staples for like $13 or something ridiculously cheaper than the $59.00 RIM asks for it (also got the charging pod for like $20 or something crazy cheap). I really like the look and feel of the journal case, but I always worry that my hands will get oil on the suede inside when it's flipped over (especially when I'm playing an extreme game for a long time).

I just got the black gel skin from CrackBerry today. It was only around $7, and so far I really like it. It fits perfectly and I like it because I don't have to worry about putting my PlayBook on a surface really gently. Even with the journal case, the cover flips behind the PlayBook, like reading a paperback book, and if I set it down, I have to keep in mind that whatever I set my PlayBook on (a dusty table, desk with crumbs or something), will end up on my PlayBook when I close the case.
    08-20-12 09:19 PM
    Imo...this one is one of the best.

I have this one and it's quite nice.
    08-20-12 09:24 PM
    I believe it comes down to what you are using the PB for. If you are just going to be using it around the home, then a simple journal or rubber sleeve would be perfect.

Personally I have the Otterbox and the OEM hard rubber case. I love the Otterbox for when I leave the house with it. No worries. It seals the PB up tight! I bring my PB with me when I go out to the field and don't have to worry about it. I went a month with it in the field without taking it out of the Otterbox once, when I got home there was no dust or sand touching the PB. Just the case. I had dropped it in sand a couple of times.

When I get back home, I take to Otterbox off and toss on the lightweight case. More for piece of mind then anything.

Just my personal preference.....
    08-20-12 10:34 PM
    Get the Blurex one from Amazon for $15. I have 2 PB's and both have these - no comparison - look at the product reviews on Amazon - 4.8 out of 5 by 171 reviews - tells you all.

Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Computers & Accessories
    08-20-12 10:47 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like multiple cases will be purchased as i like the idea of having a well protected device as i use it a lot out and about :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-21-12 02:50 AM
    I have a targus zierra case that I use on the train etc as it doubles up as a stand. It's quite bulky but a really good quality case and has space inside for a stylus/pen and business cards etc.

For day to day use I have the BB zip sleeve which is a lot lighter and more compact, does the job of protecting it but that's about it
    08-21-12 03:55 AM
    OEM convertible case best case for BlackBerry PlayBook..best suit for travelling n daily user..can stand n fully cover our playbook..i have use the OEM journal case good case but cant stand..sometimes u need a stand when surfing or watching movie Peace!
    08-21-12 04:54 AM
    Convertible case is by far the best if you are looking for something convenient and portable. It's a bit pricey but well worth it. I have a few cases and I won't give this one up.
    08-21-12 05:30 AM
    A nicely made "disguise" case for the Playbook is the Dodo case. It looks just like a moleskin book when closed.

DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet | DODOcase

Only downside was there was no hole for the camera, although that would have detracted from the "book" look.

Note website shows them "temporarily unavailable". Not sure how long temporary is.
    sam_g_84 likes this.
    08-21-12 05:56 AM
    I bought the BB convertible case at my local Staples for about $7. It may have been a return, but didnt look used.

With my second PB, bought the Targus Leather Case Stand for $15, a special price Office Depot was advertising for buying this item at same time as PB.

Both of these cases have the stand feature. The Convertible covers the power and volume buttons with thin plastic, which requires heavy pressing to get these buttons to function. The Convertible doesnt have an elastic strap (unlike the Targus) to hold the case closed.

The Targus is heavier and thicker, which doesnt bother me.

Neither case blocks camera lens access.

Both cases have to be removed if one wants to use the stock high-speed charger stand.

Both cases have plenty of access points for dirt and dust.

For the prices I paid, no complaints.
    Last edited by ubeda92; 08-21-12 at 06:11 AM.
    08-21-12 06:07 AM
    I have a bb click convertible case on my playbook. I chose that because of the snug fit and it doubles as a stand. I really like it.

My wife's playbook has a ballistic case since our kids use that one else also. The case is overly durable. She wants a journal case for times when she does not want the playbook to be so bulky.
    08-21-12 06:32 AM
    I have yet to see a case/stand combo that I'm happy with. I have the convertible case from BB that I use but it annoys me that you can't charge the PB while using the stand feature. It seems like a no brainer that people would want to charge their PB while watching a movie or something. If anyone sees a case/stand combo that has this feature please let me know.
    Last edited by ike1973; 08-21-12 at 09:03 AM.
    08-21-12 08:57 AM
    I like the BB Journal case.
    08-21-12 09:03 AM
    Hands down my two Playbooks are in a Otterbox...
    08-21-12 09:04 AM
    My wife surprised me and kept the Otterbox Defender that came with hers. After trying it out, I'm sorta jealous. I think I want one. However, I love the light slimness of the PB, so around the house I use the OEM Soft Shell, and when I go out and about, I throw it into the OEM Convertible case. The buttons do get easier to push as you continue using them (very stiff at first), and you only have to flip the case open to charge it. Both are very easy to remove for docking (I do this all the time, a few times each day), and offer complete side protection.
    08-21-12 09:15 AM
    I have yet to see a case/stand combo that I'm happy with. I have the convertible case from BB that I use but it annoys me that you can't charge the PB while using the stand feature. It seems like a no brainer that people would want to charge their PB while watching a movie or something. If anyone sees a case/stand combo that has this feature please let me know.
    The simple answer would be to get the BB PB Rapid Charging Stand, only down side is the PB has to be sans case, or naked, to charge.

Other option would be the Otterbox Defender. As it has a removable stand, you can simply put the PB in the stand upside down and have full access to not only the charging input but also the hdmi output if you so choose.

Other than that, I have't really seen any chargers that would even work with the PB in that position as most of the chargers are rigid for the better part of an inch and would require the PB to stand on something that is at least an inch+ off of the surface. Possibly the Rapid Charger, not the Charging Stand, may work in a "normal" situation as it plugs in at a 90 degree angle and would require relatively little space between the PB and the surface.
    ike1973 and rexrim like this.
    08-21-12 09:19 AM
    i use the Incipio SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core for mine. does a great job. picked it up from shopcrackberry
    08-21-12 09:46 AM
    OEM convertible case !
    08-21-12 10:04 AM
    Other option would be the Otterbox Defender. As it has a removable stand, you can simply put the PB in the stand upside down and have full access to not only the charging input but also the hdmi output if you so choose.
    BlackBerry PlayBook Cases, BlackBerry PlayBook Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

Yes this is exactly what I'm talking about, a case that allows for rotating the PB 180 degrees to give top access to the charging and hdmi ports. I wish I knew this existed before I spent $50 on the BB convertible case.
    08-21-12 10:49 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD