I pre-ordered my PB-64 from bestbuy.com only to find out that it actually shipped TODAY!! Wow, what a waste and dissapointment. I should have just bought it at the local Best Buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by lonestar281; 04-19-11 at 03:48 PM.
    04-19-11 03:44 PM
    strange, I pre-ordered mine from best buy and it was shipped out yesterday. I got it this morning.
    04-19-11 03:51 PM
    Best Buys said all Pre-orders prior to April 15th would ship today from their distribution centers...My 64Gig is shipping today, ordered on March 22nd
    04-19-11 04:05 PM
    I ordered mine on March 23rd. I called the Best Buy customer Service and they told me that they had issues with BlackBerry allowing them to ship the Playbook prior to the release date.
    Oh well, hopefully I will get my PB tomorrow.
    04-19-11 06:13 PM
    I pre-ordered my PB-64 from bestbuy.com only to find out that it actually shipped TODAY!! Wow, what a waste and dissapointment. I should have just bought it at the local Best Buy.

You might well be better off. My Best Buy had 3 16GB PBs. That's it. A town of 70,000+ and I think there are maybe 12 PBs in town; all 16GB.
    04-19-11 06:15 PM
    Mine's still sitting there, no charge, delivery date is gone, doesn't even say pre-order or out of stock, nothing. Yet, it's in stock at every bestbuy in the city. Bestbuy's a joke, gonna stop at staples on the way home, and cancel.
    04-19-11 06:22 PM
    I ordered my 32GB on Saturday (April 16th). Status showed "in process" until today. Shipped out email arrived this morning 9:12AM and UPS tracking showing on it's way leaving Maumee, OH (I guess the BB distribution center) with an arrival on Thursday. Glad it is a 3-day weekend. Guess it is hit or miss with BB.
    04-20-11 12:12 AM
    I ordered mine from CDW on 3/23, the first day they were taking orders. I was told it would ship on the 19th but on the 18th they changed it to 4/27. I suspect my order got bumped for someone else. I was rather unhappy until I saw how many people had problems today. I now have a whole week before mine ships to decide if I want to go through with the order or cancel and try again in 6 months or so. I have a Torch on AT&T so am expecting issues with the bridge.
    04-20-11 12:25 AM
    Mine showed backordered until about 2pm on tuesday. Then it changed to in process and after a few hours it was marked shipped from OH. The best news is that it will be here on Wednesday bc it was shipped next day air !

04-20-11 12:37 AM
    I'm a little ticked off at the way BB shipped these. I pre-ordered a 32 and a 64. I paid individually for expedited shipping. Today is the release date and I won't have them until "by the end of business day on the 21st." Where the **** is the "Pre" in that?! "Get yours early" at BB, what a crock.

Sorry for venting, I feel better, now...
    B.
    04-20-11 02:57 AM
    I pre-ordered a 64 on April 10th in Toronto. I got an e-mail this morning saying it's out of stock. I am a little shocked because I thought that by pre-ordering I would not have this problem.
    04-20-11 06:43 AM
    Staples fared no better with their Pre-orders. I pre-ordered on 3/22 for a 64GB and it didn't ship until the 18th and I'll get it tomorrow. I think RIM really messed this up due to them making the retailers hold off on shipping until the last minute to prevent people from getting them early. Usually when you pre-order, the retailer will ship a few days early to make sure that you get the item BY the release day.
    04-20-11 07:13 AM
    I agree that this is RIM's fault, ultimately. Shoot, after the Walmart thing; they gave them so much grief that Walmart didn't even list them on their website until the 19th.

I'm annoyed by the whole thing. This AM, after watching the units finally get picked up in Maumee OH at 8:20 PM last night, I figured with the expedited shipping I paid for that it might get to my local UPS today sometime and I would pick them up there instead of them coming tomorrow when I'm working 12 hours a day for the next 5 days. Maybe I could play for an hour or two tonight, right? Well they left maumee OH this morning at 7:09 AM. Sat there for 11 freakin hours.
    ANY excitement I had about this has been replaced with disgust. I just don't care anymore.

Later,
    Brian
    04-20-11 10:00 AM
    This is a real joke - best buy can not give me any shipping info on my 64gig preorder - so much for the promise of day one in store pick up. May not see the damn thing this week!

Watch my luck - when I finally get my hands on it, it will likely have pixel issues or some other crap. What a letdown this whole experience is rapidly becoming...
    04-20-11 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD