Just picked up a 32gb for $299.99 all within an hour of ordering online and driving down to get it. I just checked when I got home and now they are out of stock in NH. Me and the kid ahead of me in line got lucky! Updating as I type....
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-21-11 07:08 PM
    i happened to be in my best buy here in memphis and they had only one 32gb playbook and it was listed as an open return -- i picked it up for 10 percent off the sale price! wasn't planning to but couldn't resist! now i'm the proud owner of a playbook and can be cool like the rest of you...of course, i have no idea what i'm doing with it. right now it's just charging waiting to be linked to my 9700...
    Jake2826 and JuliaLast like this.
    11-21-11 07:45 PM
    welcome both of you to the board and congrats on you scoring PB.
    JuliaLast likes this.
    11-21-11 07:57 PM
    this thing is friggin' awesome.

i don't know why the whole native email thing is an issue. i like bridge because this playbook is an extension of my 9700 not something that should duplicate functionality...

more on my thoughts later...

i do know i need/want an otter box case for it.

best self-gift i have bought in a while.

(posted from my playbook from somewhere in the Middle East)
    11-24-11 11:54 PM
    I just ordered one for $249 at Staples (32gb). Here on Tuesday with return allowed until 1/8.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 06:14 AM
    Within three months the 16 GB Playbook will be $99.99 and the 32 for $199.99.....
    ...I'm going to snag a 16 myself when it hits the final firesale price.
    11-25-11 06:31 AM
    Within three months the 16 GB Playbook will be $99.99 and the 32 for $199.99.....
    You could be right, you could be wrong; either way I doubt if the PlayBook will work for you. I believe the two best features are bridge & portability. If bridge doesn't work for you, then something else may be a better option for you.
    11-25-11 06:44 AM
    I was going to wait until 2014, and then pick one up for $29.99. Now that's a firesale price!
    bitek likes this.
    11-25-11 10:14 AM
    i don't know why the whole native email thing is an issue.
    because if you don't have a BB smartphone you can't send/look at emails without going through the web browser.
    11-25-11 10:19 AM
    True and that is why I just bought one now that RIM demoed those apps and OS2 is not that far off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 10:23 AM
    I bought the 16gb for $199.00 on Wednesday. Here's what happened: I found out that they were selling it for that price at Best Buy. I dashed to the one closest to me, but they were only showing one in East Lansing, Michigan; a good hour and twenty minutes or so from my bachelor's pad in metro Detroit.

Well, I had already made up my mind that I wanted the 16gb, and for as cheap as I could get it. I have a vast library of media, but my iPod Touch is my player of preference; no need to have a 64gb iPod Touch and also a 64gb Playbook; surely overkill.

So, I stepped next door to the Office Max; an unlikely prospect. They didn't have it on display, but to my surprise, when I inquired, they did have the 16gb. Of course, it was the only Playbook model that was not on sale. I was already turning around to leave when the sales person told me that they could match the price.

I was afraid that I wouldn't' like the size, but I was wrong. Lots of e-reading on the way; can't believe that there is no Kindle app; the Kobo will have to do, but I already purchased several books on Kindle. The paucity of apps is very troubling. This is a half-finished masterpiece, like a Mona Lisa portrait missing her nose. The multitasking ability, the richness of the screen, and the originality of the bridge feature are a testament to RIM's ingenuity. The lack of apps almost a year after launch is a testament to their serious lack of a business acumen.

And the cheap, inconveniently placed buttons are surprising for a company whose thoughtfulness in crafting handheld devices is remarkable. Few phones can beat a blackberry device for convenience keys and well-tooled keys; this is that rare exception.
    11-25-11 10:44 AM
    You could be right, you could be wrong; either way I doubt if the PlayBook will work for you. I believe the two best features are bridge & portability. If bridge doesn't work for you, then something else may be a better option for you.
    I turned in my 9930 after having three keyboards fail and switched to an iphone...
    ...I was coming at this from the perspective that a tablet that size with a semi-familiar BB U.I.
    ...Would both be easy to pack around and I could load all my passwords into it.
    ...I absolutely believe there are a slew of "x" business blackberry users who would appreciate a BB tablet.

That there isn't at least the BB password keeper on their table,t which ironically is claimed to be geared to the business user - it makes perfect sense that RIM calls it a "play-book".
    11-25-11 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD