I posted a few weeks ago my experience during my latest trip to our local BestBuy. New displays, working demos and sales people actually pushing PBs now. Two months ago no stock, now they have 16g and 32g and I was told they were gearing up for new shipments. This was the same BB that before Christmas had sales people spouting the discontinuing crap, now they're actually praising the PB. What a 180.
    Maybe it's a matter of semantics. Back I'm December, I too was told by a Best Bug manager that they were pulling the BB because there was a new model(4G) coming.

It would seem that if a new model is indeed launched next month. They were right.
    03-11-12 04:05 PM
    Best Buy; Future Shop; Bell Mobility stores all in Canada -- bad mouthing bb in every way seems pretty pervasive. It doesn't seem to matter if it is Playbook or BBy phones. My experience has been pretty dismal so I buy where I can; when I can and ignore the ignorance of the reps. I have 2 - 9900's; 2 - playbooks and have had in past just about every other model of bby phone since they came on the scene. Bottom line its up to consumer to get past rude; poorly qualified reps. Its just another example of no respect for the consumer as far as I can see. Have to admit I wonder if reps are really Apple fans or do they get special treatment to promote it so heavily.
    03-11-12 05:43 PM
    I never met a BB employee who knew how to swipe a PB... Great training on BB's part.
    03-11-12 05:48 PM
    At work we use pretty words like "consolidation" to get rid of products that have very low margins and don't sell well. Management tells the field reps not to push the products that are being "consolidated", since they are not "cost efficient", and new reps that we hire are not even trained on the products that are being consolidated.

Pretty much sums of the PB at Best Buy. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the PB doesn't bring in much money for Best Buy, thus management doesn't necessarily want to waste money training employees. In their eyes, a tablet is a tablet, and their job is to push you toward the highest margin tablet that will have the lowest rates of return and the lowest inventory. All this will reduce Best Buy's costs.

I shed a tear at the days where you could go into smaller electronic stores where the staff would know everything about everything, and would actually steer you into products like the PB because they might work better for YOU. Ah well...
    03-11-12 06:49 PM
    My local BB staff was actually quite favorable towards the PB. They thought it was the very best option at the $199 price point and also the best way to go if you owned a BB7 phone. The staff was sad to see that since the price drop they didn't see stock often. I was told that people had interest but when they were told it would have to be ordered they often bought something else.

Even the Apple dude in my local BB understood my rationale when he saw I had a 9900.

Not every BB has idiots working there and poor management. I'm just wondering if they're killing off the PB or just waiting for PB2 hardware. Losing BB is bad for RIM. So few resellers handing their products. How do they expect to gain traction if the only purchase option becomes online? Even Amazon realized the Kindle will sell better getting it into stores. Not everyone is an online shopper....

My 2 cents.
    03-11-12 07:16 PM
    hmmm... if the price goes back up then i wont have a problem selling my 32GB!
    03-11-12 07:31 PM
    I think I'll put my 16 on eBay.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 07:34 PM
    Let's hope this does indeed mean a new 4g, 1.5GHZ, (Even 2GB of RAM?), (Upgraded resolution?), BlackBerry PlayBook 2 on the horizon.
    03-12-12 04:45 PM
    Best Buy.com price for PB has gone back up! Just in time for the new IPad release. Coincidence?? I bought mine less than two weeks ago - nice timing
    jarviser likes this.
    03-12-12 06:03 PM
    Maybe I missed it here somewhere. But the source in Canada is still got PB 64 for $299.
    03-12-12 07:02 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD