I just read the thread that Staples has started status updates in preparation for shipping orders. I've been checking my Best Buy order and it hasn't changed since 3/22, nor has it been charged to my card yet. I am really hoping they will get them out of the warehouse this weekend so we might receive them as close to the 19th as possible.

Anyone else show any movement on their BB online preorders or on their credit cards?
    Last edited by InnerChild; 04-15-11 at 01:17 PM.
    04-15-11 01:06 PM
    No change on mine either. I am going to call them now to get an update.

Update: Called Best Buy. My pre-order was on the 22nd as well. They have no idea when they will ship. I suspect they are not even shipping until the release date. I called my local Best Buy store and they do not have them at the store yet. She said they typically get something with a hard release date on the night before. Both people I spoke with were placing the blame on when RIM got them the devices, but I explained that Staples stores seem to already have them in the stores and are shipping so pre-orders will be delivered on the 19th. I would cancel and do in store pick-up but I used a bunch of gift cards and I suspect if I cancelled they would mess up reactivating the gift cards. Probably will not get it until 20th or 21st
    Last edited by jrcdpm; 04-15-11 at 01:29 PM.
    04-15-11 01:12 PM
    Like I mentioned in another thread, no change on my order either since the 22nd.
    04-15-11 01:21 PM
    I'm really regretting pre-ordering. Nobody in the part of the country where I live is as excited as I am. There's no way I couldn't have found one in town if I had just planned on buying one in-store. Yet I'm not cancelling because I wanna avoid the "what-if".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 01:33 PM
    If it hasn't shipped by monday I'm just going to go bestbuy or futureshop (they're literally next door to each other in victoria) in the morning, then cancel it FROM the playbook if they have a 64g lol
    04-15-11 01:38 PM
    I called the chimpanzees @ LastBuy on the 888-237-8289 number and head chimp told me it would ship between the 19th-26th --"it won't be released by BlackBerry until the 19th so you are calling way too early sir".

I told the primate that other vendors were already shipping and you guys were "suppose" to be a preferred vendor . "Really" he snorted.

WTF.

I then marched over to the local LastBuy store and asked the "mobile" manager if they would have some quantities of the 32GB in stock on the 19th. ---
    "We won't know until they arrive" he grunted.

So now I have to decide to take the chance to cxl the pre-order and show up Tuesday morning and HOPE they have ONE 32GB model in.

What a joke.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    04-15-11 01:40 PM
    I called the chimpanzees @ LastBuy on the 888-237-8289 number and head chimp told me it would ship between the 19th-26th --"it won't be released by BlackBerry until the 19th so you are calling way too early sir".

I told the primate that other vendors were already shipping and you guys were "suppose" to be a preferred vendor . "Really" he snorted.

WTF.

I then marched over to the local LastBuy store and asked the "mobile" manager if they would have some quantities of the 32GB in stock on the 19th. ---

So now I have to decide to take the chance to cxl the pre-order and show up Tuesday morning and HOPE they have ONE 32GB model in.

What a joke.
    Yup, horrible experience with Best Buy. It doesn't matter when or if you call but they'll always tell you the same thing and that's that they don't know anything and have no idea on when it'll ship.
    04-15-11 01:49 PM
    I think the entire preorder thing was misleading since on RIM's site they touted "Get yours early... preorder at BestBuy". I never thought we'd get them before the release day, but certainly BY release day, and never considered they wouldn't arrive until 4-5 days AFTER release.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by an on-time delivery since most BestBuy folks still seem to be clueless as to what is going on. Not faulting them, but it certainly has not received the management focus that was inferred by the promo.
    Last edited by InnerChild; 04-15-11 at 02:03 PM.
    04-15-11 01:49 PM
    I got the same attitude last time I was in there a few days ago. Asked the mobile guys if the display was up yet and they hardly even looked up from the phone they were checking out and managed to grunt out a "no". Very rude!

I find their arrogance very irritating since I usually know more about any product I'm looking at than the sales rep.
    04-15-11 01:53 PM
    In my bestbuy.ca order, they changed the estimated delivery date to April 18th then April 17th. It stayed there for a while, but today they changed it back to April 19th.

Guess they got told by RIM
    04-15-11 01:55 PM
    In my bestbuy.ca order, they changed the estimated delivery date to April 18th then April 17th. It stayed there for a while, but today they changed it back to April 19th.

Good deal!!! Wish RIM would tell 'em on this side of the border!
    04-15-11 01:56 PM

\

At least you got some activity. My futureshop.ca online pre-orders has said "Scheduled for Ground (Estimated arrival date(s) 03/28-04/08/2011) " for weeks
    04-15-11 01:59 PM
    Yeah, no changes in my order status either. Pretty silly for a $500 item. If it doesn't change by Monday, I plan to cancel my pre-order and purchase it in store on the 19th.
    04-15-11 01:59 PM

My estimated delivery date is still April 5th - April 8th....

If it hasn't shipped on the 19th there is a The Source about ten minutes away in a small town. I'll check it out and if it is thee buy it and cancel my pre-order. If not, I'll have to wait.
    04-15-11 02:01 PM
    My estimated delivery date is still April 5th - April 8th....
    Same here lul
    04-15-11 02:10 PM
    In our area I have heard nothing but 16GB models will be in store on launch day. I have a friend that works at one of the locations and he said "nobody is wanting this... no one is talking about it... we only have 3 on order and they won't be here till late next week". So I went ahead and pre-ordered my 32GB model and paid the extra $21 for "express" shipping (overnight?). It gives me more ammo to go back on them if they don't ship it to me on time.

Unlike some of you I was tied to BestBuy for the purchase since I had to use various rewards certificates, gift cards, etc that were from there. All in all I paid only $376.00 out of pocket for my 32GB model (I will do a post on that later so I can go into detail) which was $621.66 total "paid".

I do hope I get mine on the 19th. I have been jonesin for this thing for MONTHS!
    04-15-11 02:39 PM
    Talked to my friend that works at a local best buy (in Minnesota, where Best Buy headquarters are). He said only today they received ONE unit (16gb) to use as a demo. Said there are only 6 on pre-order and NONE are in transit. Said things don't look good. They're suppose to get a delivery truck on Sunday, but doesn't know if PlayBooks are going to be in it or not.

I'm starting to think about pre-ordering with staples. I called local staples yesterday, they said they're getting them on Sunday and will start selling them on Sunday (probably clueless rep). I asked if I could ask to put a couple aside? They said first come first serve basis.
    04-15-11 02:58 PM
    See picture he just BBM'd me
    04-15-11 03:06 PM
    Same here, Best Buy told me between the 19th and 26th. What was the point in the pre-order?
    04-15-11 03:33 PM
    Same here, Best Buy told me between the 19th and 26th. What was the point in the pre-order?
    I am starting to be glad I paid the $21 extra to be delivered between 4/19 - 4/20. I will be PISSED if I don't get it then.
    04-15-11 03:36 PM
    office depot next to my house said they have them in stock already but wont sell until tuesday.
    04-15-11 03:42 PM
    I preordered mine from bestbuy in store, If they don't have mine ready on the 19th i'm cancelling and buying else where

edit: I called my bestbuy, they haven't gotten any in yet, they said they hope it comes in the night before or the day of the 19th...
    Last edited by manofice; 04-15-11 at 04:13 PM.
    04-15-11 04:08 PM
    Talked to my friend that works at a local best buy (in Minnesota, where Best Buy headquarters are). He said only today they received ONE unit (16gb) to use as a demo. Said there are only 6 on pre-order and NONE are in transit. Said things don't look good. They're suppose to get a delivery truck on Sunday, but doesn't know if PlayBooks are going to be in it or not.

I'm starting to think about pre-ordering with staples. I called local staples yesterday, they said they're getting them on Sunday and will start selling them on Sunday (probably clueless rep). I asked if I could ask to put a couple aside? They said first come first serve basis.
    I work for Best Buy and can certainly tell you that the PB is not going to be on any of our "trucks"....it will be drop shipped by mail, most likely on Monday before release date.
    Innerchild and 4wheel like this.
    04-15-11 04:27 PM
    I preordered mine from bestbuy in store, If they don't have mine ready on the 19th i'm cancelling and buying else where

edit: I called my bestbuy, they haven't gotten any in yet, they said they hope it comes in the night before or the day of the 19th...
    I just pre-ordered in my local best buy (southern california) and they were lost on how to place a pre order for the playbook once they figured it out and i finally got them to pre-order the correct unit they told me I was the first one to ask about it. I then asked if it will be in on the 19th and the ladies response was as long as Rim ships it to us by then but thats the date they are expecting it.

I think the employees at Best Buy just don't have much information regarding the units and def think they will have it by the 19th especially since Rim has been pushing Best Buy.
    04-15-11 05:05 PM
    I just pre-ordered in my local best buy (southern california) and they were lost on how to place a pre order for the playbook once they figured it out and i finally got them to pre-order the correct unit they told me I was the first one to ask about it. I then asked if it will be in on the 19th and the ladies response was as long as Rim ships it to us by then but thats the date they are expecting it.

I think the employees at Best Buy just don't have much information regarding the units and def think they will have it by the 19th especially since Rim has been pushing Best Buy.
    Most of the time the stuff is there in the back, 99% of the time workers in stores are complete morons and will do nothing to put products out unless ordered too. So in that sense they know nothing and don't even see stuff. My mom is a sales rep for a big company, I know all the stories lawl.
    04-15-11 05:20 PM
322 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD