Went by my local Best Buy in Gainesville, VA; it's just about 30 minutes from Washington, DC. They still have the Playbook on sale and have Playbooks available. Nobody knows anything about RIM pulling out of Best Buy or Best Buy dumping RIM products.

I would also add that the Playbook was operational. However, the latest OS had not been updated. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I installed the latest I'm still not ready to install it on my Playbook yet. Scared...... Love my Playbook, but I hate having to rebuild it from my last backup after something happens.

On another note, I went and played with the Kindle Fire. Not impressed at all. I'll still keep my Playbook. If RIM lowered the price to compete with the Fire, they're crazy.
    11-27-11 04:11 PM
    Went by my local Best Buy in Gainesville, VA; it's just about 30 minutes from Washington, DC. They still have the Playbook on sale and have Playbooks available. Nobody knows anything about RIM pulling out of Best Buy or Best Buy dumping RIM products.

I would also add that the Playbook was operational. However, the latest OS had not been updated. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I installed the latest I'm still not ready to install it on my Playbook yet. Scared...... Love my Playbook, but I hate having to rebuild it from my last backup after something happens.

On another note, I went and played with the Kindle Fire. Not impressed at all
    . I'll still keep my Playbook. If RIM lowered the price to compete with the Fire, they're crazy.

Elaborate sir
    11-27-11 04:15 PM
    When I played with it, the OS was really lagging. I was just flipping through apps and it was very choppy. No where as smooth as the BB tablet OS.

And now, any tablet that doesn't have bezel swipe gestures built into the OS is just archaic to me. I'm spoiled. lol
    11-27-11 05:07 PM
    What are they selling for? $199 for 16gb?
    11-27-11 07:34 PM
    I thought the Fire interface was constrained and simplistic. It felt like the Barnes and Noble Nook that my wife has...and I guess it should; both run Android.

sdmcdowell05, the prices are still the same.

dg
    11-29-11 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD