Probably a long shot but does anyone know if the Best Buy in Canada will warranty a PB bought in the US from one of their outlets there? I can't seem to get a straight answer from their website.
    12-03-11 01:51 AM
    Unfortunately not, their systems are seperate. Sorry dude.
    12-03-11 02:01 AM
    But the playbook support line (don't have the number handy at the moment) serves north america for the 1 year manufacturers warranty though for what its worth.
    12-03-11 02:03 AM
    So who does in fact warranty It if there is an issue; RIM or Best Buy?
    12-03-11 02:13 AM
    IF you bought an extended warranty (aka Product Service Plan or Product Exchange Plan) then best buy would depending on the type of service you paid for. If you didn't, then RIM would within the first year and they're pretty good at it. Still takes time but a friend of mine got hers serviced and replaced within 7 business days.
    12-03-11 03:39 AM
    Ok thanks. Then it looks like I'm safe to buy a US bought device in Canada but is the warranty transferrable. I can't find anything on the RIM sight that says it is or isn't.
    12-03-11 10:39 AM
    The warranty remains with the original purchaser. The relevant excerpt from the "Limited Warranty (PlayBook)" states thusly,

I agree with you. I have supported the BlackBerry PlayBook application developers since initial release in April. While the catalogue of high-quality applications was very small in the early days the same cannot be said today. Yes, paid applications are worth every penny from some of the developers and those developers tend to be moderately active on this forum and responsive to suggestions. Download applications. Try applications. Buy applications.

For the few rip-off artists in the "developer community" and massive number of cheapskate tablet users the day of reckoning is coming.
    Reference:
    Research In Motion. Limited Warranty PlayBook (North America Version) 030711 cl.doc. Website: http://us.blackberry.com/legal/playb...anty-na-en.pdf. p.1.
    12-03-11 10:49 AM
    I am not sure what happened with the intended quotation so I will attempt a second posting of the intended information...

The warranty remains with the original purchaser. The relevant excerpt from the "Limited Warranty (PlayBook)" seems to not want to paste into this message. So, refer to the document below for the verbiage regarding non-nontransferable nature of the warranty on the part of the purchaser.

Reference:
    Research In Motion. Limited Warranty PlayBook (North America Version) 030711 cl.doc. Website: http://us.blackberry.com/legal/playb...anty-na-en.pdf. p.1.
    mhw100 likes this.
    12-03-11 10:58 AM
    Completely missed it! Thanks and that ends that for buying a used PB.
    12-03-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD