BlackBerry Tablets : Tablets & iPads - Best Buy Canada

I saw that they got a new batch of playbook and looks like it's sold out again?? What's going on here, how come they are sold out so soon ??
    10-07-11 08:38 AM
    It says "in stock" for me.
    10-07-11 09:11 AM
    I went to the best buy near my place 36 hours ago and they didn't have any 16g in stock. He checked the computer and there was only 1 store in a 100km radius (60 miles) that had one 16g left in stock unopened. I had them hold it for me the next day and it got sold before I got to the store. Don't ask me why they hold stuff if they gonna sell it lol

I went to future shop yesterday near my place and they had 1x 16g 1x 32g and 3x 64g
    10-07-11 09:48 AM
    32Gb is sold out. 16 and 64 in stock.
    Seems relevant, 32Gb is the "good one" for many of us, and "the one to have" for those who were previously targeting the 16Gb. Discount effect.
    10-07-11 09:52 AM
    I went to the best buy near my place 36 hours ago and they didn't have any 16g in stock. He checked the computer and there was only 1 store in a 100km radius (60 miles) that had one 16g left in stock unopened. I had them hold it for me the next day and it got sold before I got to the store. Don't ask me why they hold stuff if they gonna sell it lol

I went to future shop yesterday near my place and they had 1x 16g 1x 32g and 3x 64g
    They offered me a 32g opened box one for 299$ for the screw up at best buy. But the 32g box was so mangled and the pb was not in good condition so I didn't bother taking it.
    10-07-11 09:56 AM
    It says "in stock" for me.
    I swear I saw limited quantity available for 16 GB hours back and sold out for 32 GB.Something fishy happening ...
    10-07-11 10:42 AM
    Good buy buy buy buy so apps can start pouring in
    10-07-11 10:50 AM
    Will I be disappointed if I buy a 16 vs a 32 gig unit? Help please.
    10-07-11 11:02 AM
    I swear I saw limited quantity available for 16 GB hours back and sold out for 32 GB.Something fishy happening ...
    93 in backorder available is what is said this morning around 10am on the best buy site and now it says limited quantities available.
    10-07-11 11:22 AM
    this is good news in a way no? we want people to have the playbook so that more user base.

by the way is this "sale" a permanent price drop or will the promo ends? if there is an end, do u guys know when it'll end?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 11:26 AM
    I can't see it ending. With only 200k units shipped last quarter and not telling us how many were actually sold, I think they are starting to realize what they SHOULD have done from the start and that's to flood the market with the PB with almost no profit to create a user base to attract developers. They thought every BB owner was gonna rush out and get a PB but they were sorely mistaken.

I can even see it getting slightly cheaper by the holidays if they don't release a new updated hardware version of it running 2.0.

RIM needs to realize that its become an app game and without the ecosystem to support their hardware, ppl will continue to leave BB behind. I think that they MAY have just realized that very recently when they price cut the PB to get more ppl to buy them.
    10-07-11 11:46 AM
    I live in Indonesia, my brother is in Toronto right now so he could hook me up with a discounted Playbook...I am tempted to get one with the current price but I am honestly not ready to take the plunge yet. I am ok with the OS being as it is. Mostly I am holding out because I am hoping for a 3G version to be released soon, if that is still getting released (I kinda doubt it now). Also I am scared of all the defects that I hear, considering that my bro just bought one and the Playbook he said is unable to be read as a mass storage device by his computer.

If the "promo" does last then that gives me time to hold out longer to see if the 3G PB does get released and hopefully by then no more stories of defects out of the box...or should I just pull the trigger??
    10-07-11 12:12 PM
    I live in Indonesia, my brother is in Toronto right now so he could hook me up with a discounted Playbook...I am tempted to get one with the current price but I am honestly not ready to take the plunge yet. I am ok with the OS being as it is. Mostly I am holding out because I am hoping for a 3G version to be released soon, if that is still getting released (I kinda doubt it now). Also I am scared of all the defects that I hear, considering that my bro just bought one and the Playbook he said is unable to be read as a mass storage device by his computer.

If the "promo" does last then that gives me time to hold out longer to see if the 3G PB does get released and hopefully by then no more stories of defects out of the box...or should I just pull the trigger??
    If you have a blackberry, no need for a 3G version. It uses your existing data plan on your Blackberry phone ( when bridged ). If you have an iPhone, then you will have to use your hotspot (don't know the Data Usage prices there).

I hope this helps you make an informed purchasing decision.
    10-07-11 12:26 PM
    It says in stock on the website....except for the 32GB.
    10-07-11 03:12 PM
    Will I be disappointed if I buy a 16 vs a 32 gig unit? Help please.
    16gb should be fine unless you plan to store a lot of movies or a 1000s of songs or one heck of a lot of document files or a ton of apps and I think if you were, you probably wouldn't be asking the question because you would know the answer.
    10-07-11 03:21 PM
    This thing is selling like hotcakes!!!!!!
    10-07-11 03:25 PM
    This thing is selling like hotcakes!!!!!!
    BlackBerry hotcakes, my favorites, lol.
    10-07-11 03:29 PM
    Yup.. Flood the market with the playbook.

My bet is that they need an infuse of cash to support the company and selling inventory that is collecting dust and accomulationg storage fees is the best way to go about it.

Bold 9900 still on back order in rogers (corp).
    10-07-11 03:33 PM
    Happy to hear this thing is selling! Hope it will keep being that way
    10-07-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD