My apologies if this has been covered....

I am the last remaining bb user where I work,.so IT support is waning. Anyway, we use activesync, I can get my BES emails, but I cannot get my contacts or my calendar to work/update.
    I have been able to get a handful of appointments to show up on my calendar. I have been able to set up yahoo and Gmail respectively.
    Can someone please help me out with this-I don't think this should be this hard.

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Spinalguy; 02-27-12 at 05:13 PM. Reason: BES help
    02-27-12 05:11 PM
    Playbook can sync with exchange server for users contacts and calendar no problem as they are working on mine no problem. Maybe it's better for you to ask your IT to see if there is any restrictions on the server side. It has nothing to do with bes as it uses active sync.
    02-27-12 05:29 PM
    Much obliged.

Off to IT

Thanks!
    02-27-12 05:51 PM
    Now I am stuck.

IT offered no help-no restrictions on active sync-have never seen a playbook, yada, yada, yada

I tried setting up my BES, followed instructions. Calendar and Contacts aren't even an option to sync. I tried Gmail, it was easy and it works.

This is extremely frustrating.
    02-27-12 07:05 PM
    Now I am stuck.

IT offered no help-no restrictions on active sync-have never seen a playbook, yada, yada, yada

I tried setting up my BES, followed instructions. Calendar and Contacts aren't even an option to sync. I tried Gmail, it was easy and it works.

This is extremely frustrating.
    I don't think you set it up correctly. First, it should be Exchange acount, not BES. Second, on your Playbook, if you go to Settings, Accounts, then go into your Exchange account, you should see 3 sync options: Sync Email, Sync Contacts, Sync Calendar.
    02-27-12 08:36 PM
    How do I set it up as an exchange account? I thought I was doing it correctly, obviously I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help
    02-27-12 08:57 PM
    Hello OP,

This would be on your IT dept to troubleshoot activesync issues for your user account. If you are unable to add activesync (verify with them the server address is correct) via the accounts menu (try advanced setup), then it is prodominantly an Exchange issue, as the PlayBook can use default activesync just like any other device. Its quite similar to setting it up on an iPhone etc.

The above method is to not use BES or RIM's NOC at all. The info in the paragraph below is with the BES for PlayBook platform:

BES is quite a bit different for the PlayBook. BES for Playbook (and future BB10 device) is called BlackBerry Device Service, and is part of the Mobile Fusion package in a trial RIM currently has ongoing. Ensure to read the pre-requisites before installing it though, as it is something IT should be doing for you.

Link to Mobile fusion trial: BlackBerry - Mobile Fusion - Manage BlackBerry iOS & Android Devices in Canada

Pre-reqs and documentation: BlackBerry Device Service - Manuals and Guides

This should get you or your IT dept in the right direction. Of course setting up the PlayBook BES part of Mobile fusion would be the more difficult of the two, i'd expect.
    Last edited by BlueNoserBESguy; 02-27-12 at 09:36 PM.
    02-27-12 09:30 PM
    How do I set it up as an exchange account? I thought I was doing it correctly, obviously I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help
    Take a look at the following two links.

http://blog.brightpointuk.co.uk/sett...playbook-os-20

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-mail-700816/
    Last edited by zzbsb; 02-28-12 at 05:25 AM.
    02-28-12 05:12 AM
    Thanks for all of your help.

I am setting it up correctly. I've set up my phone numerous times before, for some reason, it won't connect calendar and Contacts. I will try again later when I have a chance

Hopefully I will. Have better news later.
    02-28-12 05:29 AM
    It's pretty straight forward, if you have no restrictions on active sync. Just walk through the setup, the last screen will ask if you want to sync mail, calendar, and contacts.... with all selected as yes, it should work. Give it a reboot after you set it up.
    02-28-12 06:41 AM
    I have deleted my account-then tried go add an account. I went thru active sync, fairly easy set up. However, there are no options for calendar and Contacts. Email is working, but nothing else.
    02-28-12 08:41 AM
    I have Fusion setuped but mainly use the BDS to connect my Playbook and my mail, calendar and contacts are syncing properly. I was able to obtain the Citrix Bar (can't use android BAR) and pushed it to my playbook. love the MDS functionality of the BDS just like BES. Now I don't have to VPN to access our network resources.
    02-28-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD