so bell mobility will be selling the 16gb wifi blackberry playbook..the 32gb and 64gb are special order

you'll be able to tether with your existing data plan to the playbook..no activation is required for the playbook

and the software update on the device on initial start up will be 200mb

and this is what i read about the battery

Battery 5300mAh (Battery expected to last for approximately 8 hrs)

some more info
    this is what is included

The BlackBerry PlayBook box includes:
    � BlackBerry� PlayBook
    � Sleeve
    � Folding Blade Charger
    � USB cable
    � Screen wipe
    � Getting Started Guide
    � Safety Information booklet
    Last edited by Qwest905; 04-09-11 at 01:59 PM.
    04-09-11 01:57 PM
    Thank you Qwest905. I just hope Telus follows suit now that both Rogers and Bell will be offering free tethering for the playbook. Also 8 hours I hope that is either a conservative time frame or while playing hd video.
    04-09-11 02:06 PM
    Thank you Qwest905. I just hope Telus follows suit now that both Rogers and Bell will be offering free tethering for the playbook. Also 8 hours I hope that is either a conservative time frame or while playing hd video.
    Since when did Rogers and Bell say they were offering free tethering??

Edit: Nvm I see they offer free tethering for 1GB and above plans
    04-09-11 03:07 PM
    Dunno if you have to have 1 gig, I asked bell twice if I could use it with my torch plan, said yea, it would deduct from my 500 meg plan, and if i went over it would be .05 a meg. But I'll probably have to get atleast 1 gig anyway, gonna have the playbook everywhere I go now lol.
    04-09-11 03:13 PM
    no headphones? awweee
    04-09-11 04:08 PM
    Cool cool, thanks for this info. I am going to buy from Bell and try and negotiate down the price for "upping" my data plan from 500mb.
    04-09-11 04:12 PM
    I looked into it more. Bell offers tethering for 500MB, Rogers only offers tethering for 1GB and up (starting may 1st...I don't know about grandfathering of old 500MB plans though).

Bell Mobility - Smartphone Combo Rate Plans- Bell
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...ucts/tethering
    04-09-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD