Am I missing something? I LOVE the Bedside mode on my Torch 9810 (and my previous blackberries). I have a Playbook and the dock. Is there a way to enable this feature on Playbook?

Jim
    01-05-12 10:13 AM
    There is no native bedside mode but there is 3rd party alarm clock apps that may fit your needs. Search app world for alarm clock.
    01-05-12 10:41 AM
    I just adjusted the "Screen" settings under "Plugged In" and dropped the brightness and set the backlight timeout to the shortest setting.

If you need a bedside clock I use Antair Nightstand (App World). Great clock with some different themes, adjustable brightness, and it shows current weather and it has a news feed too.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-05-12 11:11 AM
    Wow, I was hoping for something native to the O/S. But, I got the Antair Nightstand clock and it was worth every penny. Very well designed! Thanks everyone for the input.
    01-05-12 01:48 PM
    I too wish it had bedside mode. But my larger problem (call me a cheapskate if you wish) is that the playbook docks are so expensive $60 at the local retailer here, that's nearly half the price of the silly thing (tablet)... Common, please explain to me how it would cost this much more to make than any other blackberry dock.... Ridiculous I say! LoL
    01-05-12 02:06 PM
    US Staples is selling them, if any left, for about $13.00!!!!
    01-05-12 02:46 PM
    Can you use the dock if you have the executive blackberry case, the one that doubles as a stand
    ?
    01-05-12 03:00 PM
    I don't think any cases work with the dock. I've not found one, and would love to know if any do (too).
    01-05-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD