I would really love to see a playbook or and a bb10 phone come with beats audio does anybody else think his would be a good idea
    05-03-12 06:53 PM
    No. Sorry. Not impressed with Beats. There is better available.
    05-03-12 06:56 PM
    Well what do you suggest then to my knowledge theres no one else putting. Speakers in cell phones what other company do you suggest
    05-03-12 07:07 PM
    I would like to see BBE. It sounds great on the Cowon players.
    05-03-12 07:10 PM
    PlayBook has better speakers than any Beats equipted phone I have ever tested. My PlayBook even has better speakers than my HP laptop with Beats audio. As long as the BB10 phones have similar speakers, I'd be more than happy.
    Just Me and the_sleuth like this.
    05-03-12 07:11 PM
    No. Sorry. Not impressed with Beats. There is better available.
    Speakers in the PB are pretty damn good for a tab..Everywhere I've read, people are diggin' them.

What kind are they?
    rotorwrench and Just Me like this.
    05-03-12 07:12 PM
    Speakers in the PB are pretty damn good for a tab..Everywhere I've read, people are diggin' them.

What kind are they?
    I've read that RIM basically store Dolby technology for the speakers. They got sued, and now RIM is paying Dolby for the tech. I'm not 100% sure about this though.
    05-03-12 07:16 PM
    PlayBook has better speakers than any Beats equipted phone I have ever tested. My PlayBook even has better speakers than my HP laptop with Beats audio. As long as the BB10 phones have similar speakers, I'd be more than happy.
    Well i havent had the chance to test out my playbook speakers against a tablet running beats audio but i did take the time to test my phone speakers against the new htc one s and the htc won hands down i would like to see what they can do for a tablet
    05-03-12 07:19 PM
    Dont get me wrong playbook speakers are great i just like things loud beats head phones almost blew my ear drums. Ouch my head still hurts
    05-03-12 07:23 PM
    Get ATH-M50 and your ears will thank you.
    05-03-12 07:33 PM
    Get ATH-M50 and your ears will thank you.
    Thanks for the info there very affordable im gonna look into a pair off those
    05-03-12 07:44 PM
    Beats are all glorified product popular from marketing
    goku_vegeta and kozmo68 like this.
    05-03-12 07:47 PM
    Beats are all glorified product popular from marketing
    I agree. I've reviewed the HTC one x and yes it does have pretty decent sounding speakers but it's not overly special like it was hyped to be. PLUS I think JBL speakers were reviewed to be the best on a laptop.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-03-12 07:50 PM
    beats is overhyped big time.
    beats are the in thing right now.
    For the price there's better stuff out there.
    05-03-12 08:17 PM
    Well what do you suggest then to my knowledge theres no one else putting. Speakers in cell phones what other company do you suggest
    Go listen to an HP laptop computer with Beats Audio speakers and compare that to a Dell XPS with JBL speakers or a Toshiba Qosmio with the Harmon-Kardon speakers, NIGHT and DAY difference to me. But try for yourself. Take a good quality CD of uncompressed tracks to the store and demo the laptops. Best way to see for your own tastes.
    05-03-12 08:18 PM
    Well i havent had the chance to test out my playbook speakers against a tablet running beats audio but i did take the time to test my phone speakers against the new htc one s and the htc won hands down i would like to see what they can do for a tablet
    With the HTC and the Beats toggled on, what you are hearing is not only the Beats speakers but the Beats Audio software equalizing that music for their curve. Switching off the Beats to the HTC enhanced and you'll hear the software difference, both coming from the Beats speakers.
    05-03-12 08:24 PM
    I would really love to see a playbook or and a bb10 phone come with beats audio does anybody else think his would be a good idea
    With all due respect to Dr. Dre, QNX is already a world leader in sound technology. The speakers in the PB are phenomenal. I think perhaps they may need to do some branding of their sound technology but to include "Beats" quality audio would essentially lower the sound quality coming from the device.
    Last edited by Just Me; 05-06-12 at 09:29 AM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-03-12 11:54 PM
    My HP Touchpad is equipped with Beats - depending on what you are listening to they sound equal or better than the PB speakers - and the PB speakers are pretty good. However Beats isn't the end all be all...

Sent from my BB Bold 9900 using Tapatalk.
    05-03-12 11:59 PM
    With all due respect to Dr. Dre, QNX is already a world leader is sound technology. The speakers in the PB are phenomenal. I think perhaps they may need to do some branding out their sound technology but to include "Beats" quality audio would essentially lower the sound quality coming from the device.

That's true, QNX is a leader in sound technology

My other pick would be a Bose tweaking of the pb, ...how to get more bass in it
    Last edited by anthogag; 05-04-12 at 08:45 AM.
    05-04-12 08:25 AM
    Beats audio only sets a minimum standard and increases the low end. Anyone can do this without paying the royalties for the "Beats" name. There really isn't anything proprietary other than the name. The Playbook (as stated previously) has fantastic speakers for a tablet. The only thing I would like to see RIM add is a 7 or 10 band equalizer so users could adjust the sound to their liking both for the internal speakers and for the bluetooth output.
    05-04-12 08:32 AM
    Beats audio only sets a minimum standard and increases the low end. Anyone can do this without paying the royalties for the "Beats" name. There really isn't anything proprietary other than the name. The Playbook (as stated previously) has fantastic speakers for a tablet. The only thing I would like to see RIM add is a 7 or 10 band equalizer so users could adjust the sound to their liking both for the internal speakers and for the bluetooth output.

Well said..

the poster above who said "QNX is a leader in sound technology" is severely misinformed/lacking knowledge..I asked the other day and a CB user told me that they thought RIM used a Dolby speaker in the PB - don't know whether that's true or not - but, RIM should keep it a secret somehow exactly what they use to keep a leg up on everyone else b/c I've never heard speakers on a phone/tab sound so buttery smooth..

And - back to the original point I wanted to make - "Beats by Dre" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick to grab those un/misinformed masses who respond well to brand/celebrity naming..genius, really - b/c it works..BUT - proof is in the pudding, though..several users in this forum have already stated they have had other devices labeled "Beats by Dre" that have not had the same quality output as the PB - and I agree..not to mention that is with no tweaking, etc..it can't really be any more plain and simple than that..
    05-05-12 09:01 PM
    I got beats studio for $200 during amazons black friday deals... Decent headphones, but im not sure they are worth $200.
    05-05-12 10:24 PM
    Totally overrated. Rather have:

Harman Kardon or Bang & Olufsen.
    05-06-12 12:02 AM
    Beats is just something else we have ingrained in our minds as being the best. Just like retina displays and Gorilla glass.

I have always dreamed of a "BlackBerry with Bose" partnership, because both sort of have the same image problem, yet both are the best at what they are MEANT to do. The iPhone and some Androids have the "cool" factor, as do Beats By Dre (or whatever other singers have their own kind). BlackBerrys and Bose speakers have been around for a while longer, but have been eclipsed by the latest and greatest--all thanks to marketing.

I use the Bose MIe2i earphones. They have a volume control on the wire, and a microphone. No they are not big attention-grabbing bright red Beats headphones by some rapper, they are understated and provide great sound.

If BlackBerry10 phones or future BlackBerry tablets had Bose speakers, it would be JUST the type of partnership in quality that people would expect.
    05-06-12 03:02 AM
    beats is overhyped big time.
    beats are the in thing right now.
    For the price there's better stuff out there.

quoted for truth. Not that they're bad, but for the same price or lower, you can get something better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 03:18 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD