Christmas has come and gone. You made a very specific claim to everyone here on CB. Nothing has come of it.

You made a statement that you have someone in your family that works for BlackBerry and that you had inside information about an update for the PlayBook that does exist. You went as far as saying that the update is 2.2.1200. You also stated that this update will be launched BEFORE CHRISTMAS. I have yet to receive any updates for my PlayBook. It is now beyond Christmas.

The reason I am calling you out on this is because there are still a great number of CB members that still enjoy their PlayBook and believed you because your claim was so specific. As childish as this may sound, it really was not fair for you to do this. If you are nothing more than a troll that wanted to have a good laugh making up stories and watching people respond to your thread with the hopes you were not disingenuous, I can only hope Bla1ze takes the appropriate steps and bans you from CB.

However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, because I will be an adult about this. If you did perhaps believe you had credible "inside info" on anything BlackBerry, perhaps you could, in the future contact Bla1ze and let him research it because Bla1ze has proven himself as a credible source of BlackBerry information for CB members.

In the meantime, just to let you and the CB members know, I contacted Michael Clewley via email and requested he conatct Bla1ze and review the thread, and to please (speaking through Bla1ze) verify what exactly is OR is not happening with PlayBook.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    rdm101 and Mr4aces like this.
    12-28-14 11:56 PM
    Drama on CB? Why, that's new.
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    12-28-14 11:59 PM
    Was that over the top? I can never tell!!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:04 AM
    Orthodox Christmas day isn't passed yet, who knows! Lol

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-29-14 12:07 AM
    The PlayBook forum is the best on CrackBerry! Let's get to the truth on this one. Well said KISS ARMY!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-29-14 05:44 AM
    Some bloke down the pub said something, and it wasn't true, and I'm really, really annoyed and going to wait for him to come back in so I can say so in front of everyone else....

Yeah, feeling good about that.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:07 AM
    I guess the take home message is 'Don't believe everything you read in the forums'

Yes, I fell into the CB rumour trap!

Bla1ze, if you're reading this.....your thoughts?

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-29-14 10:24 AM
    Am I the only one who got the update? *snicker*

I'll expect an update to the Playbook around the same time that MS supports MKV on the Xbox 360 and my Sony net player (google tv box) gets the huge update it needs. Oh, wait...not going to happen...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-29-14 10:54 AM
    @KISS ARMY - I fully understand the sentiment, but calling out someone by name in a thread title isn't the right way "to play this"...
    12-29-14 12:04 PM
    OK! You believe I did this the incorrect way. Point taken.

However, since you object to how I did this, please give us all an example of what the proper way would have been to handle this.

The point I was making is, bbplaybookgod made such a specific claim about the future of PlayBook. With a proposed launch time frame and everything. Had it been an ambiguous rumour such as "Hey Guys, something is coming down the pipe. A friend of a friend told me", then I wouldn't have been as challenging about it. I read the forums on a regular basis, and bbplaybookgod had a lot of CB members actually speculating on what 2.2.1200 would be. That was a lot more uncalled for then what I did. No attempt was made on his/her end to say "hey guys, so sorry, I was wrong! My apologies" He made the post and left it wide open for CB members to stew in. And, I might add.....no sign of bbplaybookgod since!!

But again, If you believe I was offside, (as I strive to be polite and considerate to all CB members) please give us all your ideas as to what the best ways would have been to respond to the claims made.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:42 PM
    My main concern wasn't with your OP, but with the way you used someone's name in the title of the thread. That's rather confrontational and IMHO slightly more problematic than merely calling him out in the thread itself. But I don't make up the rules here, I just gave you my opinion.
    12-29-14 12:46 PM
    Ok!

I see your point. I will consider your suggestion in the future.

But I do disagree with you. Albeit, I did use the member name in the title, but I believe I was firm and fair in a polite manner (going as far as giving him the benefit of the doubt in my post), within the post itself.

My objective was to elicit a response from bbplaybookgod themself, which so far has produced nothing. Making a statement within an original post, buried pages in, would have basically been a waste of time.

But none the less, I was polite, I did not resort to vulgar name calling, (which other people in other threads have resorted to), and I left it open for bbplaybookgod to interpret and respond to.

Believe me, if I had broken any CB regulations in regards to the manner in which I posted, this thread would already be closed and I would have had lost my CB privileges.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-29-14 01:00 PM
    I am supporting the way you called him out. I stole the Playbook back from my kids just hoping...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-06-15 05:25 PM
    So t the end of the day... epic troll?
    Seriously an update to Blackberry PlayBook is as likely as an update to any WebOS tablet.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-06-15 10:47 PM
    PlayBook is dead, man.
    Get over it already.
    It was an experiment and it lead them (and us) to BlackBerry 10.
    It's the same child, just a bit matured.

Posted via CB10
    tovento likes this.
    01-07-15 01:13 AM
    PlayBook is dead, man.
    Get over it already.
    It was an experiment and it lead them (and us) to BlackBerry 10.
    It's the same child, just a bit matured.

Posted via CB10
    Oh absolutely! You are not wrong at all! If you read through the whole thread, I already stated that I fell into the infamous CB rumours trap! I think I'm still digging out that hook from my mouth!

The real **** off was, not only did bbplaybookgod make such a specific claim with a version number and proposed release time frame, but has not been heard from since. That screams 'Troll'. This of course prompted my post about the matter. No one else said it, so I did!!

......And I haven't heard back from Michael Clewley or Bla1ze for that matter! Probably for the obvious reasons!!

Crackberry lesson learned I guess!!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 04:58 PM
    Oh absolutely! You are not wrong at all! If you read through the whole thread, I already stated that I fell into the infamous CB rumours trap! I think I'm still digging out that hook from my mouth!

The real **** off was, not only did bbplaybookgod make such a specific claim with a version number and proposed release time frame, but has not been heard from since. That screams 'Troll'. This of course prompted my post about the matter. No one else said it, so I did!!

......And I haven't heard back from Michael Clewley or Bla1ze for that matter! Probably for the obvious reasons!!

Crackberry lesson learned I guess!!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    The real PlayBook God is BlackBerry, not some bbplaybookgod.
    And it's a matter of stock and stuff, if they were going to, they would have done it without a hitch.
    Anyways, Who knows what they are upto, right?

Cheers and stay happy.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:55 PM
    I don't know how Blackberry still has the nerve to have PlayBooks for sale on its website.
    It is a disgrace they abandoned it and keep trying to sell it new.
    It would make sense to update it, if you think about it.
    I mean is it truly that hard to make a slimmed or lite version of OS10? I mean hackers nowadays have modified windows 8.1 or 7 to run with less than 512 mb of ram. I have seen android tablets that run with about that much so why BlackBerry are you still officially selling something you not longer support!

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    ViBogdan likes this.
    01-10-15 07:32 PM
    KISS ARMY is in the right here. I too was given a small glimmer of hope for my 5 PlayBooks but in the end I got fed up and went to Apple devices. This year it probably would not have made a difference to me as my family was ready for a change. For anyone else though it may have changed Christmas for the worse.

This type of lying needs to be called out so it rids the forums of deceitful people or at least get an explanation of the poor thread.

KISS ARMY is in the right. Good post.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:22 AM
    By subscribing to this thread it does indicate (for all who cares) there is still interest in any and all news related to PlayBook haha

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:16 AM
    So you've got "trolled".
    This can only mean you let yourself be "trolled".
    Instead of calling out liars you should learn from the experience:
    most of what's on the internet simply isn't true.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-11-15 11:17 AM
    Why is this thread still alive? You guys are arguing over rumors. We're done here.
    01-11-15 12:39 PM