What Are RIM’s Plans for the PlayBook Front Facing Camera? - BerryReview

i read an interesting article thought i would share.
    could the future of bbm have video chat? i think that would be a great idea. RIM could have a real hit if they took the popularity of bbm and added video support.
    01-21-11 11:43 AM
    I agree adding video chat onto the next generation bbm will keep a lot of BlackBerry users staying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 02:44 PM
    I started a thread on this that can be found here http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/next-bbm-575149/

A Mod. here posted a link to RIM's site that hints at the possibility of this happening!
    01-21-11 04:22 PM
    So cool!!!!!!
    01-21-11 06:37 PM
    i hear they are adding apple face time
    01-25-11 09:04 AM
    I'd kill to see a cross-platform version of BBM, even with out video. With video it would be truly awesome.
    01-25-11 10:28 AM
    I have heard this also. this would put the blackberry back in a positive light if this were to happen.
    01-25-11 10:41 AM
    Great topic, we have debated the possibility of BBM having video conferencing on this forum Some members seem to think it's a bad idea since BBM is supposed to be text only. Personally, I think it would be interesting to be able to see the person you are messaging with.
    01-25-11 12:10 PM
    Holy... If BBM will support video call...that would be EPIC!!!

02-08-11 08:10 AM
    I think this would be a great idea for the PlayBook. It would also be a very nice feature for BBM on BB phones. Even if it's only available over wifi. I think this would definitely give reason for people to stick to BB and I think it's far more powerful than facetime considering BBM would support both text and video chat.

Although these services aren't used often imo, they can highly influence consumers' buying decisions.
    02-08-11 08:28 AM
    I was actually having a few drinks with a friend that works at RIM on the weekend, he said the bbm 6 will have video chat, and 'it will make apple facetime look like a joke'

He mentioned something about it running very well on 3g networks.

Sorry if the details are vague, I did have more then a few drinks over the evening, lol.

02-08-11 08:52 AM
    The only reasons why it will not come true:

+Providers don't want it. For the same reason Skype doesn't work in europe on BB.

+technology is ready, but network isn't. And videostreaming will kill network. (Youtube is download, videochat is upload + download)

And a wifi-only video chat... Yes, that's possible.

I'm looking forward the day you pay for your bandwidth and only for your bandwidth.

02-08-11 09:16 AM
    Wow, great function, this will be a very nice feature of the BBM type BB association for mobile phones. Even if the only available WiFi. I think this will definitely give people reason to stick to the BB, I think this is considered much stronger than the BBM, FaceTime Association will support text and video chat.
    02-08-11 10:25 AM
    I agree adding video chat onto the next generation bbm will keep a lot of BlackBerry users staying.

hi how are you i want to ask about how to down load the video call in bb playbook i just new but i want to chat but isnot instole tnx
    10-29-11 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD