hello all i'm having a problem with BBM on PlayBook.
    sometime when I start BBM it will close as soon as my list loads,other times it will load but close as soon as I send a message.

PlayBook Tablet OS:1.0.3.1868
    BlackBerry Bridge: 1.0.0.83
    BBM: 6.0.0.73
    BlackBerry OS: 6.0.0.448
    Phone Model: Torch 9800

Thanks all

oops typo in title mods please edit
    05-03-11 07:49 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bb...aybook-610811/

This has been discussed a lot in this thread.

People are saying to unpair, reboot devices, and pair them again. That's the only solution for your problem that I have read.
    05-03-11 07:50 AM
    wow that was quick thank you
    05-03-11 07:52 AM
    I cant open bbm on my plabook, I tried everything, deleting bb bridge, rebooting both devices, unpairing them and nothing, the other bb apps works fine except the bbm it just open the wind and show me the reloading icon. i have the lates updates in both devices including bbm. please help,thanks!
    05-05-11 01:53 AM
    Aside from disconnecting everything and then reconnecting it back, you may also want to try...
    Under Manage Connections;
    Turn off Mobile Network
    Turn off WiFi
    Keep Bluetooth ON

Bridge to your PB, wait 5 minutes and then try BBM.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers,
    kevin.mcca likes this.
    05-05-11 01:56 AM
    i just tried that and the same problem :'( dont know what to do!HELP!
    05-05-11 09:56 PM
    I am on the same boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just stopped working!!! Ive done everything!!
    05-09-11 01:47 PM
    OK i just bought the playbook 2 days ago,first day the bbm was working fine on my playbook but the second day i was facing the same problem, and i literally tried everything including a "work around soution" sent to me by the blackberry support team and that too didnt work, but i just tried something and i havre the bbm back and running perfectly on my playbook and i just registered on to crackberry so i can tell u guys wat to do so here it is and i hope it works for u all:
    1. go to bridge on playbook and discoonect your device then go to bluetooth also on ur playbook and delete ur fonr from there.
    2. on your phone do the same, unpair and delete the playbook from your phone.
    3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Delete blacberry bridge app from your phone phone.
    4.restart both devices
    5.turn your phone bluetooth on
    6. go to your playbooks settings choose bridge then choose setup, its gona tell u that u need to install bridge on ur phone befor you continue, do it using the scanning method (scanning your playbook for the bar code by going to app world in your phone and choosing menu>scan barcode, then confirm reinstalling the bridge app.
    7. after you do that MANUALLY PAIR THE DEVICES and thats it, go to bridge menu on ur playbook and i hope when u click on bbm it works like it worked for me..

if anyone wantsanymore details please let me know...
    05-10-11 02:55 PM
    i just tried that and the same problem :'( dont know what to do!HELP!
    OK i just bought the playbook 2 days ago,first day the bbm was working fine on my playbook but the second day i was facing the same problem, and i literally tried everything including a "work around soution" sent to me by the blackberry support team and that too didnt work, but i just tried something and i havre the bbm back and running perfectly on my playbook and i just registered on to crackberry so i can tell u guys wat to do so here it is and i hope it works for u all:
    1. go to bridge on playbook and discoonect your device then go to bluetooth also on ur playbook and delete ur fonr from there.
    2. on your phone do the same, unpair and delete the playbook from your phone.
    3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Delete blacberry bridge app from your phone phone.
    4.restart both devices
    5.turn your phone bluetooth on
    6. go to your playbooks settings choose bridge then choose setup, its gona tell u that u need to install bridge on ur phone befor you continue, do it using the scanning method (scanning your playbook for the bar code by going to app world in your phone and choosing menu>scan barcode, then confirm reinstalling the bridge app.
    7. after you do that MANUALLY PAIR THE DEVICES and thats it, go to bridge menu on ur playbook and i hope when u click on bbm it works like it worked for me..

if anyone wantsanymore details please let me know...
    05-10-11 02:56 PM
    wonda try my solution
    05-10-11 02:58 PM
    No would the solution was is VERY simple.... YOU HAVE TO DELETE SOME CONTACTS. I Did everything instead of deleting useless contacts then it worked. I had 175 now im down to 161 and it works fine. I restored back to 175 and it didnt work so again i deleted down to 161 and it worked. So i suggest getting rid of useless contacts on your bbm. It doesnt matter the size because i know someone with 200 and his is working fine but i think it varies from pb to pb.
    05-11-11 10:00 AM
    Hi Everyone,

i live in New Delhi, India and have recently been presented BB Playbook (PB) by my sister who had it imported from USA.

ive tried it out over the wifi and it seems to be working fine. But when i bridge it with my Bold 2 9700 it shows all the icons except BBM.

i tried downloading BBM on the PB from the PB app world but could not find it anywhere.

Im really new on this forum and may not understand a lot of the technical terms so would request if someone could help me in getting BBM on my playbook

thanks a lot

Kundan
    05-12-11 08:38 AM
    you need to have the latest update of the backberry bridge(1.0.0.83) AND the bbm on your bb.
    05-13-11 11:12 PM
    Thanks, but do i download that from the BB App world ? or elsewhere. Please help cause im dying to start using my PB to its fullest

cheers
    05-14-11 04:32 AM
    Hi Everyone,

i live in New Delhi, India and have recently been presented BB Playbook (PB) by my sister who had it imported from USA.

ive tried it out over the wifi and it seems to be working fine. But when i bridge it with my Bold 2 9700 it shows all the icons except BBM.

i tried downloading BBM on the PB from the PB app world but could not find it anywhere.

Im really new on this forum and may not understand a lot of the technical terms so would request if someone could help me in getting BBM on my playbook

thanks a lot

Kundan
    Kundan
    the BBM doesn't come through App World on the Playbook.
    You need to bridge and get the bridge BBM.
    Since you are able to bridge successfully there doesn't seem to be much of an issue except getting the latest BBM on your Bold.
    I suggest signing into Blackberry Beta Zone (Google Search) and then downloading BBM 6.0 on your Bold 9700. That would solve your problem.
    Hope it helps.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 05-14-11 at 05:45 AM.
    ksingh likes this.
    05-14-11 05:43 AM
    Kundan
    the BBM doesn't come through App World on the Playbook.
    You need to bridge and get the bridge BBM.
    Since you are able to bridge successfully there doesn't seem to be much of an issue except getting the latest BBM on your Bold.
    I suggest signing into Blackberry Beta Zone (Google Search) and then downloading BBM 6.0 on your Bold 9700. That would solve your problem.
    Hope it helps.
    hey thanks a lot, its up and running
    05-14-11 09:20 AM
    Glad to be of help.
    We have a PB owners BBM group going on in Delhi.
    If you want send me your PIN in a private msg and I'll add you.
    05-14-11 09:47 AM
    Thanks a lot , its up and running.
    05-14-11 02:10 PM
    My BBM on playbook drive me crayz, it works when it want. when you open the bbm its loading for 5 seconds and then page gone!i have the latest updates on both devices , i tried everthing (unpair, reboot devices, and pair them again. security wipe, delete bb bridge and reinstall, turn off WIFI,)
    NOTHING WORKS, is there any other tips pls... thanx
    05-17-11 03:08 AM
    Have you tried turning off your mobile network, then pairing the two devices? Then, bridging, then hitting the BBM icon and waiting about 5 minutes. Once the circle goes, and your contact list appears, you can reconnect to your carrier's network and that may work....otherwise sounds like a KB26643 and KB26067 issue. I know these steps work for 99% of the problems out there, and it may work for you as well. Provided you follow the steps exactly as it's written.

Hope this helps..
    Cheers,
    05-17-11 03:23 AM
    thank you for your help, but still not working and notification sound gone as well ):
    Last edited by kariakoo; 05-17-11 at 04:54 AM.
    05-17-11 04:44 AM
    no bb groups?
    05-17-11 05:46 AM
    I am having the same problem but, Blackberry Beta is not available in my country. Is there another way of getting BBM 6.0 on my Blackberry Bold 9700??
    05-19-11 09:49 PM
    I am having the same problem but, Blackberry Beta is not available in my country. Is there another way of getting BBM 6.0 on my Blackberry Bold 9700??
    in app world(from your bb) should appear the latest upgrade for the bbm
    05-19-11 10:00 PM
    None of these methods work for me.
    Such a shame, I'd love to use BBM on my Playbook.
    05-20-11 11:11 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD