So, CMO RIM, Frank Boulben confirms PlayBook will be receiving native BBM soon post BlackBerry 10 launch alongwith many new features incorporated in the New BBM..

RIM CMO interview: Frank Boulben on BlackBerry 10 and resurrecting RIM
    08-25-12 02:49 AM
    Nice interview.
    Thanks for posting the link
    08-25-12 06:15 AM
    I don't have time to watch the interview just now. Is there any word on a unified BBM pin or will we be using two pins from the BB10 update?
    08-25-12 06:24 AM
    I don't have time to watch the interview just now. Is there any word on a unified BBM pin or will we be using two pins from the BB10 update?
    They should be using the BlackBerry ID ...
    08-25-12 06:43 AM
    Wow first time on bgr site and now see it will be last time on that bias site!!! Rim should not feel they have to explain anything to them web site rookies. Gellar is a hack. Rim will be fine without that place. Good answers though, getting excited!!!!!!
    08-25-12 07:40 AM
    WOW!!!!!
    Read the posts afterwards. I was surprised to see the support there.

I did feel that the interview took the turn I expected at the beginning with typical 'licencing' question towards the end.

All in all, nice to see BGR behave themselves in this article and I'm really glad to see the posts afterwards being positive ......for the most part.
    myllym likes this.
    08-25-12 10:03 AM
    BBM on the PlayBook in the "near future" sounds good but I hope he is talking about the wifi PlayBook as well.

Did anyone else notice Frank get giddy when talking about the new features on BBM that he couldn't disclose at this time
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 08-25-12 at 11:45 AM.
    08-25-12 11:43 AM
    So, CMO RIM, Frank Boulben confirms PlayBook will be receiving native BBM soon post BlackBerry 10 launch
    Great. Bb10 won't be out until next year. So.... Some uncertain length of time after January 1, 2013 it will be available.
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    08-25-12 11:46 AM
    Interesting video, BlackBerryIO

Cheers
    08-25-12 12:17 PM
    WOW!!!!!
    Read the posts afterwards. I was surprised to see the support there.

I did feel that the interview took the turn I expected at the beginning with typical 'licencing' question towards the end.

All in all, nice to see BGR behave themselves in this article and I'm really glad to see the posts afterwards being positive ......for the most part.
    I wasn't. Half the trolling and bashing stopped after BGR moved to facebook comments. Now real people can post and express their oppinions and trollsm who ravel in anonymity, think twice before posting.

What actually surprised me was a bashless post by Geller. Maybe there is some in the interview, but I will only be able to find out later today. Maybe this is a sign of how powerful BB10 is? Geller himself starting to prepare BGR's change of tone? One can hope...
    08-25-12 02:01 PM
    I wasn't. Half the trolling and bashing stopped after BGR moved to facebook comments. Now real people can post and express their oppinions and trollsm who ravel in anonymity, think twice before posting.

What actually surprised me was a bashless post by Geller. Maybe there is some in the interview, but I will only be able to find out later today. Maybe this is a sign of how powerful BB10 is? Geller himself starting to prepare BGR's change of tone? One can hope...
    The comments went out of control after that 'Andre' fanboy calls BB supporters RIMtards or something.

What is keeping RIM alive is their super loyal fan base.
    08-25-12 04:27 PM
    The comments went out of control after that 'Andre' fanboy calls BB supporters RIMtards or something.

What is keeping RIM alive is their super loyal fan base.
    Hehe, sadly, it didn't mean trolls vanished.

And yes, RIM has much to thank for. But then again, would there be such a loyal user base if they didn't deliver results?
    08-25-12 05:15 PM
    For interest's sake...how many Blackberry users do you think are loyal? Remember a forum population is not representative of the real world.
    08-25-12 06:18 PM
    For interest's sake...how many Blackberry users do you think are loyal? Remember a forum population is not representative of the real world.
    Here is the most accurate answer I can give you: At least one.
    08-25-12 06:28 PM
    So, CMO RIM, Frank Boulben confirms PlayBook will be receiving native BBM soon post BlackBerry 10 launch alongwith many new features incorporated in the New BBM..

RIM CMO interview: Frank Boulben on BlackBerry 10 and resurrecting RIM
    Wow doesn't Frank Boulben come across as credible, totally across the issues and wonderfully presentable.
    08-25-12 06:52 PM
    78 million are using for some reason.
    08-25-12 07:06 PM
    78 million are using for some reason.
    For several reasons actually. Doesn't answer the question. How many do you think are loyal?
    08-25-12 07:43 PM
    For several reasons actually. Doesn't answer the question. How many do you think are loyal?
    Many are using them due to company or governmental policies. Those policies are rapidly loosening and in some instances disappearing. Now the word around the campfire is that the UK government may be implementing policies that require iphones, not blackberries, be used by the employees.
    08-25-12 07:57 PM
    I suppose most are loyal to a brand until they they get let down. I won't speculate on the percentage.
    08-25-12 08:01 PM
    Guys, please... Nobody here can possibly answer that, we can only state that we are loyal (or not).

"How many do you think are loyal"? I think that what I think doesn't change anything. I think that what I think is not even possibly close to reality. Therefore, I know what I think is moot.
    08-25-12 08:02 PM
    Fair enough. I'm not expecting anyone to give an official or factual answer, just what they thought. Anyway, no point in derailing anymore.
    08-25-12 08:06 PM
    Many are using them due to company or governmental policies. Those policies are rapidly loosening and in some instances disappearing. Now the word around the campfire is that the UK government may be implementing policies that require iphones, not blackberries, be used by the employees.

I am blackberry by choice! And no company or governmental policies, purely personal preference! And i tell you i love my blackberries
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-26-12 10:04 AM
    Wow, I totally respect Boulben entering the Tiger's den of BGR and doing such a good job.
    And on video too!
    08-26-12 01:07 PM
    I'm on BB cuz the employer (Cdn Fed Govt) gave me one (albeit neutered with no FB, Bridge or ability to download apps) and the word is that we will be issued Playbooks after the release of BB 10. I couldn't resist the price, so I jumped the gun and bought one for $149 from Future Shop. Smoking deal and I feel optimistic that by spring I'll be very happy with the improved bells and whistles. Wife has a PB as well and loves it. So a combination of familiarity, thrift and Canadian loyalty has made us RIM customers
    08-26-12 05:28 PM
    Great. Bb10 won't be out until next year. So.... Some uncertain length of time after January 1, 2013 it will be available.
    That's sad but true.. But they are beating the skeptics one at a time.. First BIS/BES and now BBM..

BBM on the PlayBook in the "near future" sounds good but I hope he is talking about the wifi PlayBook as well.
    Maybe the WiFi won't get the love afterall? But with RIM you never know.. What I do know is that for BBM to be activated on a device, it needs the registration from the carrier on the device.. So maybe they can make it happen.. WiFi devices also have a PIN.. So I'm guessing PIN communication was intended from the beginning..

I guess BlackBerry users are the most loyal when it comes to smartphone users.. Contrary, a forum is real vs. some manipulated statistical figures.

Wow doesn't Frank Boulben come across as credible, totally across the issues and wonderfully presentable.
    Really good.. I get the feeling that they look down upon others in the right way though..

I'm on BB cuz the employer (Cdn Fed Govt) gave me one (albeit neutered with no FB, Bridge or ability to download apps) and the word is that we will be issued Playbooks after the release of BB 10. I couldn't resist the price, so I jumped the gun and bought one for $149 from Future Shop. Smoking deal and I feel optimistic that by spring I'll be very happy with the improved bells and whistles. Wife has a PB as well and loves it. So a combination of familiarity, thrift and Canadian loyalty has made us RIM customers
    Great.. All I can say is that have fun with the safe secure and very easy native video chat provided by BlackBerry.. Just makes it even more special..
    08-27-12 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD