I have heard persons complained about every aspect of the playbook and yet so little about BBM bridge app. Even the very IMO solid browser gets ripped apart. Has our love for BBM blinded us? For me, BBM is my hands down worst and really my WORST experience where the playbook is concerned. Where do I even begin??

The slow start up
    The lag, oh my... The lag the lag the lag,
    The checkerboarding???
    Unresponsive
    The disconnects
    Keyboard choppiness
    The list continues and the bugs never end and to add fuel to the fire... Predictive text and auto auto correct is no more.

Maybe it's just my playbook?
    Talk about half baked... The so called native twitter app is better than bbm.

Every chat window I open it lags and checkerboards each and every time. There is absolutely zero animation present in bbm. Zero fluidity. I feel like I'm using some no name android tablet whenever I open bbm. Sometimes it gets frustrating to the point where I just walk over to my phone and use bbm, which shouldn't be the case. Sometimes I get a msg and it doesn't show up, other times the damn notification just stays there and it's He ll to get it to go away (end up deleting all chats) and even that sometimes doesn't work... Delivery receipts buggy...how hard can it be to mirror exactly what's on my bb screen... The keyboard is just a hot hot mess when it slides hacks up and distorts the entire conversation. Sigh. *hands on jaw* . Yes can't even continue...

The best part of may is seeing how devs re created bbm with cascades cus lord knows it needs it. Really really does.
    Last edited by digtech; 04-23-12 at 12:41 AM.
    MTL likes this.
    04-23-12 12:30 AM
    I honestly don't bother with BBM on my PlayBook currently.. Just easier for me to pick up my Bold 9930 for BBM.. For the most part your absolutely right.. What bothers me about bridged BBM is the lack of BBM Groups. I really don't remember the last time I even used BBM on my PlayBook.. Hopefully once they finally make a native BBM for the PlayBook these issues will be resolved.. By now they should have a solid BBM app.. Like you said hopefully when they start using cascade we will have a seamless, flawless, beautiful, feature packed, native PlayBook BBM app with all the bells & whistles
    04-23-12 02:24 AM
    Thats right. Its not good for the bbm bridge
    04-23-12 08:44 AM
    They're working on it with a native BBM app so until the native BBM app comes with BB10, you'll just have to deal with it.
    04-23-12 09:15 AM
    my BBM finally works now after the Playbook update

and i agree. its much easier to pick up my phone than use the Playbook for BBM.
    04-23-12 01:42 PM
    I agree. However, when I am lying on the couch with my playbook, it is still better than getting off my BUT-T to go across the room to pick up my 9900 to reply to a BBM.
    04-23-12 02:01 PM
    Hmmm, mine is very responsive and works well.
    04-23-12 02:02 PM
    Hmmm, mine is very responsive and works well.
    Mee too, my BBM has worked well since about the second update way back....oh I would guess....around a July 2011....bridge, PlayBook update. I haven't heard of any problems except for the occasional lack of "group" BBM missing from PlayBook
    04-23-12 02:52 PM
    Mee too, my BBM has worked well since about the second update way back....oh I would guess....around a July 2011....bridge, PlayBook update. I haven't heard of any problems except for the occasional lack of "group" BBM missing from PlayBook
    That is one thing I hope gets added at some point. Maybe if there's ever a native BBM app.
    04-23-12 02:59 PM
    BBM definitely needs a TAT facelift, not only because then it finally be a actual native app, but it's just had the same look forever to it. It's time for a change. Personally, my bridged bbm works very well and I'm probably using it much more than my 9900...sorry to hear that it's not running well for u but hopefully The Playbook will get native BBM soon
    04-23-12 03:24 PM
    Mine works.. Its not terrible, but I hust find it more convenient to use my Bold 99xx.. Especially because close to half of my BBM messages are from one of my BBM groups.. And as far as having to get off the couch to go get my BlackBerry I just keep it with me rather than across the room
    04-24-12 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD