so i was looking around and i heard that the OS 2 of the playbook will have a native bbm, any of you know any info?
    12-24-11 08:28 PM
    hopefully one of the people using the BETA will chime in but what i understand is this... back in Oct. and DevCon it was rumored to come out but was pushed back cause they couldn't do native BBM. i've heard that even in the release in Feb it still wont have native BBM cause it will cause PB users to now have two PINs and two different contact lists. keeping it threw the bridge will allow you to keep the same list and PIN...to my understanding...

i just hope that they allow you to keep your BBM groups and your contact folders.. i hate having just a huge list of everyone.
    12-24-11 08:46 PM
    yes later... MUCH MUCH later ( after feb)
    12-24-11 09:52 PM
    JAGWIRE is basically correct. What we know is that it was going to be in, then was officially not going to be in. That's the latest official story.

They were asking in a survey whether people would prefer native BBM on PB with a separate identity and contact list from the phone, or a single identity and contact list shared. Clearly they were checking the theory that people would insist on the latter and reject the former.

(I responded that I'd be quite happy dealing with a separate identity for a while, so long as it meant getting native BBM on the PB sooner rather than later, and so long as they eventually fixed it up. Not sure they'd pay any attention to that idea, unless lots of others said it as well.)

So, for now, definitely not BBM on 2.0 in February, but likely a few months later.
    patpatiar likes this.
    12-24-11 10:09 PM
    I'd like to think that with the price drop, and potentially thousands of non BB phone users with a PB in their hands, that RIM would recognize this opportunity to "show off" one of their popular features. My daughters are getting one for Christmas and this would be the time to start building brand loyalty. At least imho.
    12-24-11 10:24 PM
    putting native BBM (don't know how much longer ill be allowed to say that LOL) on there for the people that don't have a BB to start is a great way to get people hooked on how great BBM is but personally ill never use a native BBM on my PB if it means a separate list.
    12-25-11 12:03 AM
    putting native BBM (don't know how much longer ill be allowed to say that LOL) on there for the people that don't have a BB to start is a great way to get people hooked on how great BBM is but personally ill never use a native BBM on my PB if it means a separate list.
    WE can say "bbm" it is just that rim might not be able to say "bbm"!
    12-25-11 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD