Anyone know why BBM is so laggy on the bb playbook when bridged , and if there are any ways to make it run better, or if there are any fixes planned for this!

Sorry if the question had been asked before.
    06-21-12 06:30 AM
    Have you got the 2.0.0.31 update ?

If not, this should help.
    amjass12 likes this.
    06-21-12 06:50 AM
    Firstly update your BB handset and your PB. Then update your Bridge app to the latest version. And then after all that, the PB Bridge feature still does lag. It's still being built so no complaints there..

The trick is to not use your PB Bridge apps like quickly you would on your handset.. Use it correctly and at a steady pace.. Everything might not load immediately, but if you click on the text box the click will eventually happen..

Try not to close it.. let it run.. Won't kill your battery and save you from initiating the app again and again..

The more you use it, you will understand the trend and slowly things will start getting faster.
    amjass12 likes this.
    06-21-12 06:51 AM
    Being on the same wifi network helps as well. BBM via Bridge for me is much better at home on wifi as opposed to being out somewhere without wifi.
    amjass12 likes this.
    06-21-12 07:03 AM
    I was having some issues with BBM last night. The lag was so bad it was almost unusable. A three button restart fixed it.
    06-21-12 07:03 AM
    Dear all, thanks alot!! Yh everything is up to date, on the playbook and my bb device... The lag has improved majorly from the previous playbook os, however still exists..

@varunsain: yes that's exactly how I use it, however, when your in a full on BBM conversation, it's very frustrating after a while, I just want the seemless experience you get on the phone... Especially as its useful having the bridge feature so you don't really need to use your phone, everything can be done on the playbook.... I guess a future update/native BBM will fix this we hope!!!!!!

@joski: so if I'm at home, connecting both my device and playbook to the same wifi network will help?... I normally leave my phone on its carrier connection as I have a good data allowance so no need to turn in wifi.. Thanks I shall I try this anyway.
    06-21-12 07:27 AM
    @joski: so if I'm at home, connecting both my device and playbook to the same wifi network will help?... I normally leave my phone on its carrier connection as I have a good data allowance so no need to turn in wifi.. Thanks I shall I try this anyway.

Yea, kinda weird, but it also kinda makes sense. I find that wifi delays my bbm's sometimes but that may be a weird setting on my router.

Hopefully it helps for when you're at home though! I noticed a slight difference - hopefully you do too! Once it gets over the initial loading hump, it's smooth!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk!!
    amjass12 likes this.
    06-21-12 07:34 AM
    @joski: thank you very much!! Will definitely give that a go
    meierjn likes this.
    06-21-12 07:41 AM
    The BBM on the PB uses bluetooth to communicate with the phone. I'm not sure why wifi would have anything to do with it.
    I don't notice any difference on or off wifi.
    Something that could effect it would be distance between phone and PB. If you hold the PB like I do with one hand cupped at the bottom left then your blocking the bluetooth antenna. If I'm doing a lot of BBM's I flip the PB upside down. That leaves the antenna clear and speeds it up.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-21-12 08:47 AM
    The BBM on the PB uses bluetooth to communicate with the phone. I'm not sure why wifi would have anything to do with it.
    I don't notice any difference on or off wifi.
    Something that could effect it would be distance between phone and PB. If you hold the PB like I do with one hand cupped at the bottom left then your blocking the bluetooth antenna. If I'm doing a lot of BBM's I flip the PB upside down. That leaves the antenna clear and speeds it up.
    It was just a recommendation from someone I know who works at RIM so I thought I'd share. Maybe the slight difference I notice is just in my head hahaha
    06-21-12 08:57 AM
    I think wifi and bluetooth signals can interfere with each other. Maybe that is what's going on.
    06-21-12 09:13 AM
    The PB always behaves differently for me when BT and Wifi are running together.. I dunno I remember reading this somewhere so maybe it's all in my head..
    06-21-12 11:39 AM
    I think either way, we all want native BBM. arliament
    06-21-12 04:23 PM
    I think either way, we all want native BBM. arliament
    Maybe on the 4G device.. But on my Wi-Fi only I feel I'm better off through Bridge. Definitely the software should update for a better experience, but without 4G, even BB would have to constantly sync which is not fun.
    06-22-12 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD