Do you think will be getting BBM for PlayBook by itself?? When I mean by itself I'm talking about without using the SmartPhone. The only reason I thought about this is because the PlayBook has a pin.
    06-04-12 08:19 AM
    They have been working on it.

From my understanding the major hurdle right now is that the playbook doesn't use RIM's datacentre and network infrastructure for it's connectivity and BBM Requires it. They would have to "open up" BBM to run over the internet and open protocols.

I believe it's coming for BB10. But until we get that on the Playbook, don't hold your breath
    06-04-12 08:26 AM
    more likely on the 4G version. read earlier in the year that they're experiencing problems porting it over. you can always bridge

I for one they hope not or just offer it as an option on initial boot or hard reset.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-04-12 08:34 AM
    It wouldn't affect me but would be a good feature.
    06-04-12 09:14 AM
    Do you think will be getting BBM for PlayBook by itself?? When I mean by itself I'm talking about without using the SmartPhone. The only reason I thought about this is because the PlayBook has a pin.
    It will come, BUT

Let us hope it will be possible to turn it OFF, or to add/remove the integration in Accounts.
    06-04-12 10:04 AM
    If bb10 doesn't use the noc as rumors have stated,then yes we will get it. If however it does use the noc we probably won't see it on a wifi only PlayBook.
    06-04-12 02:31 PM
    You ALL do realize that the RIM NOC CAN be accessed via WiFi? Turn off your data connection on your BlackBerry smartphone, turn on WiFi and access BlackBerry Messenger, it still works, as well as if your phone is in SOS mode, still works.

The BlackBerry PlayBook also accesses the NOC when you set up a new email account, app world accesses the NOC, video chat accesses the NOC, quite a few applications and services on the PlayBook do access the NOC.

It's a pure myth that the NOC is the issue with BBM on the WiFi only PlayBook.
    06-04-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD