This has been driving me nuts the past couple of days. I updated everything on both my Torch and my Playbook and the BBM does not successfully work. I managed to get the BBM working good for one day and since then, it doesn't.

Whenever I try to launch BBM on my PlayBook, it opens up, starts to load, then closes. Sometimes it would just open up and close within a second. I've got a friend that this is happening to him as well. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any fix?

This is becoming a bit frustrating.
    05-04-11 08:20 PM
    i have the same issue.. it works from time to time
    05-04-11 08:44 PM
    running bbm 6.0? that was my issue
    05-04-11 08:50 PM
    1. Make sure you have all the updated apps/OSes, (BBM = 5.0.3.22 OR Latest 6 Beta, Latest Bridge = 1.0.0.83 and PB OS = 1.0.3.1868)

2. Delete all pairs:
    For PB - Disconnect from Bridge, Go to the options, select Bluetooth, select the Pencil Icon, tap the garbage beside your BB.

For BB - Go to Manage Connections, Select Bluetooth connections, Scroll down to your PB, hit the BB button, then Delete Device

3. Restart Both devices

4. Go into the setup on both, the PB and the BB, and select Manual Pairing.

5. Go through the process and you shouldn't have any problems.

If that doesn't work, I think you may have to wait for an update unless someone else has a suggestion.
    05-04-11 09:00 PM
    1. Make sure you have all the updated apps/OSes, (BBM = 5.0.3.22 OR Latest 6 Beta, Latest Bridge = 1.0.0.83 and PB OS = 1.0.3.1868)

2. Delete all pairs:
    For PB - Disconnect from Bridge, Go to the options, select Bluetooth, select the Pencil Icon, tap the garbage beside your BB.

For BB - Go to Manage Connections, Select Bluetooth connections, Scroll down to your PB, hit the BB button, then Delete Device

3. Restart Both devices

4. Go into the setup on both, the PB and the BB, and select Manual Pairing.

5. Go through the process and you shouldn't have any problems.

If that doesn't work, I think you may have to wait for an update unless someone else has a suggestion.
    First of all, I'm a new member, so please be gentle on me . I acquired my Playbook on Monday, did update the software to .1710 and then to the current version: 1.0.3.1868.

I have a Bold 9000 (not locked to any carrier), using a hybrid OS built by JSL v4.7, and the build consists of 5.0.0.1049/5.0.0.1051/5.0.0.1055/5.0.0.1056/6.0.0.480 (whatever that means), just in case any of you wonder.

I downloaded BB Bridge 1.0.0.83 and updated my BBM version to 5.0.3.22. Paired the Playbook. I could use everything in bridge, except BBM. The green wheel was there for maybe 20 secs, then there was this message: "Blackberry Bridge plug-in for BlackBerry Messenger does not exist, or your version of BlackBerry Messenger does not support BlackBerry Bridge."

I did my research and came up to this forum. There was a thread and a user complained about this message, and someone else suggested to do what you told us to do.

Then I reinstalled everything, deleted the pair and restarted everything again from scratch. But i still couldn't get it to work. Then I changed my OS to a newer hybrid. No luck. Then I changed the OS again to official ATT v5.0.0.1728, still no good. Then I changed my BBM version to BBM 6 Beta, no good either. My last option is to use official OS and BBM 6 Beta, but I just can't be bothered anymore.

PS: I tried to pair the same Playbook to my friend's 9800 device. Everything turned out to be just great.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I need an update on my Playbook, or maybe my phone is somehow crooked. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading.

Regards
    J
    05-04-11 09:21 PM
    I was running 6.0 BBM initially, then I started using the latest official version, it worked......once and never again.
    05-05-11 03:35 PM
    This has been driving me nuts the past couple of days. I updated everything on both my Torch and my Playbook and the BBM does not successfully work. I managed to get the BBM working good for one day and since then, it doesn't.

Whenever I try to launch BBM on my PlayBook, it opens up, starts to load, then closes. Sometimes it would just open up and close within a second. I've got a friend that this is happening to him as well. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any fix?

This is becoming a bit frustrating.
    I had the same problem as well. Now I can get my bbm to work the most of the time. what helped me is doing a hard reset on my playbook. Hold down all three buttons and the power button until the unit restarts. It's a little tricky but once you do that and a battery pull on your phone. Plus make sure you have all of the current software updated it should start working for you. But remember HARD RESET YOUR PB!
    05-05-11 04:14 PM
    Followed McStoners directions to the letter and still crashes to desktop at launch.
    05-05-11 04:38 PM
    Followed McStoners directions to the letter and still crashes to desktop at launch.
    Did you hard reset your playbook?
    05-05-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD