I think that by going cross platform with BBM it will enable BlackBerry to put BB10 on playbook.
    05-14-13 05:27 PM
    I think that by going cross platform with BBM it will enable BlackBerry to put BB10 on playbook.
    Hmm....no I think it means my Nexus 10 will get bbm before the playbook does.....
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    05-14-13 05:28 PM
    Playbook is dead and done. Go buy an android tablet or iPad. Hell will be frozen over before bb10 is on the pb
    05-14-13 05:31 PM
    how do you make that connection? I fail to see how one has anything to do with the other.

I think it makes more sense that when asked about the playbook Thor responds with a total non answer like a politican caught in a scandal, translates in layman,s terms to....... go away son you're bothering me. In other words, don't ever bring up that device in my presence again or I'll have security show you to the door.

Whether Rimberry10 comes to the playbook or not matters not to me, I'm just sick of being strung along without the common decency to tell me to f@!? off. This causes me to lose respect and after 10 playbook purchases they can be certain I won't be in the market for any more smoke, mirrors and doublespeak.

Till the battery dies I continue to use my PB daily for what it does do and I'm totally tuned out on any further product consideration frlm these folks.

Rimberry management did that with their words, what they don't say, what they do and what they fail to do. The playbook itself didn' t have anything to do with turning me off.

Kinda the same reason I've never bought a ford. Their dealership staff turned me off at a young age and 20 purchases later never went into a single ford dealer.

Fool me once................
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    05-14-13 06:45 PM
    Betcha it will be an Android port....

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:50 PM
    My connection is from the security point of view.BlackBerry must have come up with a way to handle security with BBM and with that wifi.Now they can do playbook.
    05-14-13 07:34 PM
    well considering what Sifjar posted about the ios and android specs needed for BBM to run on those devices I would expect the playbook is about ten os updates away from running BBM alone.

Still not holding out hope for the product they "have already talked lots about" and doesn't fit into any discussion of their future mobile computing vision.

My PB is my mobile computing device
    05-14-13 09:19 PM
    As I post to other thread, making BBM available to other platforms is a good move from BlackBerry... as the present status quo and unpopularity of BBM, it will only take another year or so, and it will become history... how it is going to compete with other applications giving the same functions considering also that those similar and most commonly used applications are becoming now available to BB10 i.e. all platforms... BlackBerry needs to do an eye for an eye strategic approach...

The only irony part of it (and since this is the PlayBook forum), the PlayBook itself still don't have BBM while non BlackBerry products will probably get it ahead...

Posted via Z10
    05-14-13 09:29 PM