- 11-14-12, 10:33 AM #4
Funny, I don't recall any Bridge Updates this morning to enable such feature...
Shame? On who? I also don't recall anyone saying it would work over Bridge.
But just so you can breathe easterly, the PlayBook will get BB10 and thus be allowed to use such feature.
Last edited by diegonei; 11-14-12 at 06:46 PM.
- CrackBerry Addict
11-15-12, 12:08 AM #7
- 522 Posts
First off, it's a phone app, not playbook...
Second, no one ever said it would work via bridge...it doesn't even do voice for a regular call.
Third, this is why they won't put out a BB10 beta for playbook. Someone that doesn't understand how software actually works and doesn't read the information on said software.
It really is too bad that they opened the beta program to everyone...
Yes BBM is a phone app, which can be bridged to use on the playbook. And as you know the PB has a microphone and speakers, and there are apps available to allow VOIP. So in theory BBM7 wifi calling should be possible on the PB.
No where in my original post did I say that the wifi calling facility in BBM7 could be used bridged with the PB. I was making an observation that it is a shame it cant, perhaps in the future! I do understand the limitations of software, and its workings, and I do read the accompanying information. I do not make assumptions, which you do.
- By Serdna23 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-13-12, 01:18 AM
- By lkk5 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-08, 07:36 PM
- By dlaurenk in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-24-07, 07:17 AM
- By kman in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-07, 02:00 AM
- By micheleberry in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-07, 12:39 PM