Hi all convinced my work colleague to get a PlayBook recently and he's absolutely loving it. The only thing is there isn't an icon for the BBC iplayer. Does anyone have this problem with a UK bought pb or can he download the application from app world I've had a look but can't see it any other sites?Thanks for any help
    Last edited by drum; 03-08-12 at 09:54 AM.
    03-08-12 09:51 AM
    Is he on 2.0? He may just be on the initial screen. If he swipes his finger right to left it should go to the next screen where it shows BBC News, Iplayer etc
    03-08-12 10:12 AM
    Mine has the BBC iPlay icon, but ever since OS2 was released the player doesn't work. I've been accessing it via the browser instead and that works perfectly.

If anyone is using the built-in BBC iPlayer on the Playbook on OS2 can they let me know?
    03-08-12 11:03 AM
    I'm using the bbc iplayer on OS 2, it works fine for me its located on the 2nd screen on my playbook, the bbc iplayer seems slower than on my ipad but the playbook is a lot easier for me to carry around
    03-08-12 12:39 PM
    Hey thanks for the replies I'm pretty sure he's swiped to the left DiggerB9 I'll have to check I'm sure it must be there as everyone seems to have it. I have it on my pb running 2.0 and I'm able to use it.
    03-08-12 12:43 PM
    Hi Yorkshireman, Im on OS2 and still have the iplayer icon and it still works.
    03-08-12 12:48 PM
    So it appears he doesn't have the iplayer on his pb so does anyone know where he can download it or how to get it back on the pb. Thanks again
    03-09-12 02:38 AM
    running os 2.0.0.7971 and no BBC iplayer icon and not available from app store?

installed BBC iplayer android bar, run player when i select program to watch it tells me to install flash 10.1 or higher to play BBC programs , i thought flash was meant to be on playbook?

anyone got any help on this.
    04-04-12 05:53 PM
    I accidentally deleted my iPlayer icon so I've been using the full version instead. I prefer it as you can log on and access your favourites.
    04-04-12 06:07 PM
    running os 2.0.0.7971 and no BBC iplayer icon and not available from app store?

installed BBC iplayer android bar, run player when i select program to watch it tells me to install flash 10.1 or higher to play BBC programs , i thought flash was meant to be on playbook?

anyone got any help on this.
    Hi roguk

I'm also on 2.0.0.7971, and also get the Install Flash message....

Most times, the programme loads up ok (eg the Install Flash message just 'flashes' up and then goes away a couple of seconds later and then the programme loads as normal)

Sometimes, I have to refresh the page, and then it works ok

Very occasionally - if still getting problems (at this point I am usually low on memory) - I do a Restart of the PB, and make sure that the first app I run after the restart is BBC iPlayer

If you can't find the icon - just save this url
    BBC iPlayer - Help - Not Supported
    as a Bookmark in your browser

I find that the mobile/iplayer runs much better on my PB than the non-mobile version (though I prefer the non-mobile version for searching for BBC content)

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 04-04-12 at 06:44 PM.
    04-04-12 06:41 PM
    Just go to iplayer website and click add to home screen. It's only a short cut though so not sure why he's so bothered.
    04-05-12 07:23 AM
    The I player is my one and only gripe with the playbook, it worked flawlessly until OS2. Now its some crappy android version. Not good RIM! Always have to refresh or come out and back in now. :-((
    04-05-12 07:28 AM
    It's a website, how can it be an Android version.
    04-05-12 08:24 AM
    Hi thanks for replies, (and yes i do want iplayer app on my playbook) iplayer on my iphone works perfect no having to use a browser lol, using web browser iplayer on playbook even poor on sd content and hd is a no no, prob not my broadband or wifi,

Youtube plays perfect sd and hd 720p and 1080p even looks great when playbook connected to 50 inch plasma,so why BBC so poor, if playbook has flash why is it not on App world, rant over playbook great tablet just let down by a few things that could be resolved by a software update.

i
    04-05-12 09:30 AM
    Huh?

The BBC 'apps' were just browser shortcuts. The iPlayer shortcut goes to the mobile version of the site.

Whatever Android apps folk are using were either downloaded or sideloaded.

BBC iPlayer: BBC iPlayer - iPlayer Radio Home
    IPlayer mobile site: BBC iPlayer - Help - Not Supported
    JakePNEFC likes this.
    04-05-12 10:50 AM
    Huh?

The BBC 'apps' were just browser shortcuts. The iPlayer shortcut goes to the mobile version of the site.

Whatever Android apps folk are using were either downloaded or sideloaded.

BBC iPlayer: BBC iPlayer - iPlayer Radio Home
    IPlayer mobile site: BBC iPlayer - Help - Not Supported
    04-05-12 10:52 AM
    Hi ok hear what you say, now tried link to BBC mobile/iplayer and video plays fine BUT NO AUDIO?

sorry just done a reset and sound is fine

very pleased now

thanks for all replies
    Last edited by roguk; 04-05-12 at 11:25 AM. Reason: update
    04-05-12 11:00 AM
    Iv got the same problem i did a security wipe and now my BBC iplayer and BBC News apps are missing from my playbook homescreen. I'm in the UK so after I do a security wipe these apps should reappear just like my Facebook or twitter apps do aswell. Help
    04-25-12 01:15 PM
    I can't remember the iplayer apps being on my playbook at all, I just use the full site. Only problem is iplayer live buffers every 20 seconds or so, so I just use tvcatchup.com to watch BBC live.
    04-25-12 04:34 PM
    Iv got the same problem i did a security wipe and now my BBC iplayer and BBC News apps are missing from my playbook homescreen. I'm in the UK so after I do a security wipe these apps should reappear just like my Facebook or twitter apps do aswell. Help
    They aren't apps! They're just shortcuts..
    04-25-12 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD