View Poll Results: Will RIM exceed expectations globally??

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, potential android/iOS killer

38 62.30%
  • No, wishful thinking

23 37.70%
    I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are on this. Basically, one of the features released in the dev alpha update was a siri like software indicating they will release with something to compete in the voice recognition market (although pointless imo).... If this is the first thing they release in the update (which is part of the ios and androids selling points ) they must be hiding really amazing stuff which is not just nice and new for us bb users, but actually a step above what ios and android already offer.... I'm thinking bb10 will be more than just an improvement on the previous os's, but actually exceed expectations globaly. This had the potential to be an android/ios killer... Or go far beyond what they are already are at least.... Or will it just be slight improvement for rim? With the other 2 big guns remaining top of the game???
    Last edited by amjass12; 07-20-12 at 02:07 PM.
    07-20-12 01:59 PM
    For the current PB i dont see it making a huge uptick in sales because the hardware is 2 years old by then. Assuming they have new hardware with OS10 it will probably sell better than the PB1 has but hard to say just how much they will sell. There are many people on here saying how siri is a gimmick so I dont think it will help PB sales either.
    07-20-12 02:08 PM
    I think bb10 will be better than iphone and most androids, but they wont sell any
    amjass12 likes this.
    07-20-12 02:15 PM
    I will say this; RIM could bring the greatest thing next to coffee and donuts- the consumer will still get what ever device fits their needs (even a cell phone in most cases) believe it or not. As for me as a BlackBerry Loyalist, I am hoping that RIM do succeed with the rebuilding of their platform. Because I do not see myself using an iphone or android. That's My $0.02
    07-20-12 02:17 PM
    I guess if you belong to the lonely hearts club you would always have something to talk at.:
    As always, OS means little when compared to the importance of an ecosystem.
    amjass12 likes this.
    I think the choices are too extreme. It's not going to kill android or iPhone for at least a few more versions. But that doesn't mean it can't carve out a niche.
    07-20-12 03:02 PM
    I think the choices are too extreme. It's not going to kill android or iPhone for at least a few more versions. But that doesn't mean it can't carve out a niche.
    I was thinking the same thing. There's a big difference between exceeding expectations and being an iOS/Android killer.
    07-20-12 03:45 PM
    I don't think it's going to be a killer and we need to lose that thinking right away, there are to many players in the game now but i think it is going to make some waves and raise a few eyebrows
    07-20-12 04:31 PM
    Reminds me of Beta vs. VHS...

Beta much better, VHS more popular...VHS wins
    07-20-12 05:02 PM
    It will give them a run for their money, but what's more important is the right marketing from Mr boulben.
    07-20-12 06:56 PM
    A voice command system on BlackBerry 10 smartphones and tablets in enterprise environments is a non-started for many due to security concerns pertaining to confidential information being overheard and other related considerations.
    07-20-12 07:00 PM
    I will say this; RIM could bring the greatest thing next to coffee and donuts- the consumer will still get what ever device fits their needs (even a cell phone in most cases) believe it or not.
    You can learn what device meets your needs through advertisements. Your comment assumes everyone knows what RIM has to offer and decide wether RIM meets their needs or not from Prior knowledge. Someone I know was so impressed with my PlayBook's bridge capabilities as I used it to display photos on it from my 9900. She was like, "wow, cool, is that like an iPad?" This is big time RIM advertising FAIL and a big Apple advertising WIN! (Regretably)
    07-20-12 10:58 PM
    Voice command/prompt would be a feature I would appreciate on BB10. I use Vlingo religiously on my 9850 but wish it had a few more features and functionality. As far as Siri, it is a gimmick, and I've said that from the time I saw the first commercial. It was the big selling point for their latest offering and consumers bit hard. It turned out to be one of the few improvements (debatable) to this "New" device. You never see anyone use it in public though. Because it sucks. I hope RIM puts out something good, that is actually intuitive and sounds much better. Privacy is one issue to consider, but the pros outweigh the cons. I expect the new keyboard will speed up many tasks that eat up a lot of cumulative time. Voice control would play a smaller more centralized role on BB10 phones for the executive and would probably be used more as a text input tool by general consumers. Whatever direction they take I'm excited about what lies ahead and what RIM will release. Hopefully if it is on the BB10 release, its done right.
    07-20-12 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD