I have been noticing a lot of new arrivals in App World with a V.1 designation. I have downloaded a couple and they seem to be Cascades based. I don't know who is doing the conversions from original titles (such as CBC and CBC V.1). I wonder if these are going to be BB10 titles and they are being tested on the Playbook. Perhaps I am mistaken. Anybody have thoughts about all the V.1 titles?
    08-28-12 11:34 AM
    I just downloaded the CBC News v.2 app. Great transitions and flow... having never worked with something that used Cascades, I can't say for sure if this uses it, but the smoothness of it all is quite impressive.

PS this app just gives one-liners for news stories, then directs you to the CBC website for full stories. Don't think this is an official CBC app by any means (also the developer isn't "CBC", as might be assumed).
    08-28-12 11:45 AM
    How about you post some names and maybe pictures, eh? I'd be glad to take a look at those.
    wayne504 likes this.
    08-28-12 11:49 AM
    The app that I tried was mentioned by the OP. It is called "CBC News v2" and is free in AppWorld.

I don't know how valuable screenshots will be to the discussion as the most noticeable things are transitions and overall smoothness of the app. It works in a similar way to AppWorld in that it moves side-to-side (like App World's featured apps), but comparatively, it is 10000% smoother than App World.

Can't wait to see how smooth App World is once it's using Cascades (if this app is indeed using Cascades; I can't confirm this as I have no developer-based knowledge).
    trinipoco likes this.
    08-28-12 01:18 PM
    All these apps with " V1" or "V2" next to them are created by Blackberry App Generator. These apps are very simple and easy to make but it's still in Beta so there aren't a lot of functions.

They are not cascade apps.
    kyleheney likes this.
    08-28-12 01:39 PM
    My grandmother could make one of these apps and she thinks an iPad is a feminine product
    08-28-12 01:56 PM
    BB10 apps have a different target device and the SDK/apis aren't even the same for PBOS vs BB10 right now.
    08-28-12 02:52 PM
    I was playing around the the settings menu of songza for android last night which I have side loaded on my playbook (THIS APP HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS AVAILABLE) and clicked the "rate app" button.. to my surprise it launched blackberry app world and the app was there!! But to papped's point above it's listed as not available on the playbook, or any device for that matter.. the only rational explanation I can think of is it's been pre-loaded into app world for the blackberry 10 launch.. it doesn't even come up if you search for it in appworld from your PC without selecting a device, so it's supposed to be hidden, but I guess pulling it up through a side loaded version of the app must be a loophole.

09-27-12 11:54 AM
    If you want to see a Cascades app, developed by TAT, download Scrapbook from app world.
    09-27-12 12:31 PM
    My grandmother could make one of these apps and she thinks an iPad is a feminine product
    You mean it ISN'T???
    09-27-12 01:42 PM
    I was playing around the the settings menu of songza for android last night which I have side loaded on my playbook (THIS APP HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS AVAILABLE) and clicked the "rate app" button.. to my surprise it launched blackberry app world and the app was there!! But to papped's point above it's listed as not available on the playbook, or any device for that matter.. the only rational explanation I can think of is it's been pre-loaded into app world for the blackberry 10 launch.. it doesn't even come up if you search for it in appworld from your PC without selecting a device, so it's supposed to be hidden, but I guess pulling it up through a side loaded version of the app must be a loophole.

Click to view quoted image
    AWESOME...now load skype and do the same thing!
    09-27-12 02:12 PM
    Definitely a splitting or sorting of sorts going on...
    09-27-12 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD