OP just purchased the 4 PB's last fall because they were cheap.

Sorry, not much demand for a tablet bridging with a phone on the golf course... Basically I am yet to hear of any use of the PB bridge that is truly necessary after the Z10.
    Well, other than oxygen, food, water and maybe some shelter, not much is TRULY NECESSARY. But I seriously prefer the bigger fonts and screen real estate of the pb and Bridge allows me to see the data on my phone in larger type. I can also view my Memos while the phone is upstairs and I'm downstairs or I'm upstairs and the phone is down. Or the phone is in my pocket and the pb is handy. I can also read my email and view my calendar. As I wrote elsewhere, it also means one less data set to read, backup, store, whatever if the data in in one place. But necessary - no, but neither is a cellphone or smartphone - a few years back we all got along quite well without the "necessary" portable phone.

So, I'll concede, the Bridged pb was NICE TO HAVE. I for one hope that rim realizes crippling bridge was not a class move. But they will probably listen to you and not me.
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-13-13 07:55 PM
    But they will probably listen to you and not me.
    Let's hope not.

I plan on using this tablet untill the wheels fall off and if they don't bring the missing features back it will just make me hold onto my 9900 longer.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-13 08:12 PM
    I have had the Q10 for almost a week now. Still adjusting too it, even though I cannot send the usual thru bridging, I am not using my pb any less. I am liking the bb10 and I have to admit there are a couple of bugs, but it's to be expected as with all my past blackberrys. What's a blackberry without bugs. I did increase my 1 gig plan to 6 due to uncompressed data but will probably never need more than 2. I don't think I would ever jump ship to the others ever as I will always love BlackBerry! It really doesn't matter if I change my notification to vibrate and an hour later it changes to normal all by itself. It's blackberry and I can't wait to see the updates, whenever that will be or bb11
    05-14-13 12:01 AM
    I upgraded to a Z10 on launch date in Canada. I like my Z10, but was disappointed that most of the functions of the Bridge software that I had with my Storm were not available now that I have a Z10. I liked using my PlayBook to BBM, message and email near the end of the day when my eyes were a bit tired and the PlayBook's larger screen was easier on the eyes.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-13 02:28 AM
    I upgraded to a Z10 on launch date in Canada. I like my Z10, but was disappointed that most of the functions of the Bridge software that I had with my Storm were not available now that I have a Z10. I liked using my PlayBook to BBM, message and email near the end of the day when my eyes were a bit tired and the PlayBook's larger screen was easier on the eyes.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should somehow contact rim/bbry and let them know that the loss of bridge functions does affect your overall comfort with their new product.
    05-14-13 08:28 AM
    I don't mean to be harsh but people who say they will jump ship from BlackBerry to iPhone or android because of lack of bridge on the BlackBerry 10 phones...how are you further ahead by jumping ship? at least with BlackBerry 10 you retain some functionality of bridge and have the possibility of more, where if you jump ship you will NEVER get these things?

I miss my old Bridge (9700 then 9790) and do use my PB less since I got the z...but not because of anything the PB is lacking, but because the Z is so freaking awesome!!

I would guess BlackBerry will be updating the bridge to be what is was on OS7 as people miss the old way (sort of like enough complains about the outlook sync brought a fix to that issue).

Anyway, just stating the obvious but I would stick with BlackBerry.

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    You may be missing the point. Your comment would be correct if the bridging function was the only thing that a user was considering. But if, like most, it's just one feature, then the loss (or substantial loss) of the functionality might just be enough to make the other alternatives look like better options.

In other words, the decision to cripple the bridge has effectively removed the bridge as a reason to stick with Blackberry, if one were on the fence.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-13 06:41 PM
    OP just purchased the 4 PB's last fall because they were cheap.

Sorry, not much demand for a tablet bridging with a phone on the golf course... Basically I am yet to hear of any use of the PB bridge that is truly necessary after the Z10.
    This is a very weak attempt to diminish the impact of the crippled bridge. The most obvious use of the bridge, for a business person, is the ability to retrieve and view large documents (Word, PDF) while away from a desktop. Say what you want about the Z10...it still only has a 4.2 inch screen. The Playbook has 7 inches. 7 is a bigger number than 4.2. You can't argue with math.

Like OP, I'm up for renewal. Like OP, I was chomping at the bit for the new Blackberries to be released. On my 9900, I truly appreciated the ability to travel and not pack a laptop, knowing that any bigger documents could be read on my Playbook. That's gone now. One less reason to "upgrade" to a new Blackberry.
    05-14-13 06:50 PM
    On my 9900, I truly appreciated the ability to travel and not pack a laptop, knowing that any bigger documents could be read on my Playbook. That's gone now. One less reason to "upgrade" to a new Blackberry.
    You can still share files between the BB10 and PlayBook.
    05-14-13 07:45 PM
    [QUOTE=litig8or98;8480389]You may be missing the point. Your comment would be correct if the bridging function was the only thing that a user was considering. But if, like most, it's just one feature, then the loss (or substantial loss) of the functionality might just be enough to make the other alternatives look like better options.

In other words, the decision to cripple the bridge has effectively removed the bridge as a reason to stick with Blackberry, if one were on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Very well said.
    litig8or98 likes this.
    05-14-13 08:56 PM
    I will just stick with my 9930 and full bridge functionality as long as the batteries last. Have had a work issued iphone 4s for about a month and despise it. Bridge is way more useful than most people give it credit for - most have been mentioned in this thread previously. My guess is most people that bash bridge have not used it makes it much with os2 to os7.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:41 PM
    I will just stick with my 9930 and full bridge functionality as long as the batteries last. Have had a work issued iphone 4s for about a month and despise it. Bridge is way more useful than most people give it credit for - most have been mentioned in this thread previously. My guess is most people that bash bridge have not used it makes it much with os2 to os7.
    I think most people have just moved on. Playbook with Activesync beats the hell out of bridge any day.
    05-15-13 01:51 AM
36 12