Hi Guys A friend of mine works in BB. He told me that bb10 for playbook would be released by latest 30th June. Can anyone confirm this?
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    06-26-13 09:07 AM
    No. Please use one of the hundred other threads on this.
    06-26-13 09:08 AM
    If it was being released in a couple of days there would be a little more discussion about this. If it comes it comes...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    06-26-13 09:14 AM
    I agree if it was releaseing end of month we would of heard something. not to mention that 10.2 is the first os to support the playbook resolution since 10.0.9.xxxx and 10.2 is still in beta
    06-26-13 09:33 AM
    Big Foot, Loch Ness, Piltdown Man, fairies, mermaids and BB10 on PlayBook, they all have in common...

They are all hoaxes!

Posted via Z10
    FF22, mandony, Zodbuster and 2 others like this.
    06-26-13 10:04 AM
    Big Foot, Loch Ness, Piltdown Man, fairies, mermaids and BB10 on PlayBook, they all have in common...

They are all hoaxes!

Posted via Z10
    I'm sorry but Walt Disney has proved there are fairies and mermaids. So fix your reply!
    06-26-13 12:14 PM
    The BlackBerry Playbook 10 update is coming soon.
    06-26-13 02:40 PM

They are all hoaxes!

Big foots are real

Posted via Z10
    06-26-13 02:40 PM

They are all hoaxes!

Posted via Z10
    You forgot Mothman...
    06-26-13 02:43 PM
    You forgot Mothman...
    you sir forgot harvy birdman
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    06-26-13 02:46 PM
    The road map had originally showed right on the line for a Q2/Q3 release. June 30th would make sense.
    Last edited by MXRCR31; 06-26-13 at 06:28 PM.
    06-26-13 06:12 PM
    If your friend works for BlackBerry then why are you looking for confirmation?

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    06-26-13 06:16 PM
    IF OS10 were to come to PB then there would be a BIG roll out
    I have not seen ANY retail ads recently in the US.
    Actually, it is hard to buy a PB in the US unless you do a lot of searching.
    06-26-13 06:23 PM
    It's not that hard... it's called ebay and amazon...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-26-13 06:28 PM
    The release of BB10 is not coming anytime soon since the footprint for the Z10/Q10 has progressively increased in size since release. So it looks like that the optimization team at Blackberry has failed to do their job, they are unable to ram that beast onto the limited resources of the Playbook. I am not surprised, after firing thousands of staff and continuing to declare positions as surplus and redundant, the head count is continuing to be adjusted. When did anyone get fixes for the problems they reported? None of mine have been addressed. With all the known problems in OS 2.1.0.1526, did another release ever materialize? Nope. There are no more Playbook staffers to do the work. Instead of asking Thor when BB10 will be released for the Playbook, just ask him how many people are working on Playbook related projects. Easy question not related to short term and long term strategies and undisclosed product schedules, eh?
    jza2349 and maxb1ack like this.
    06-26-13 07:07 PM
    With the wifi Playbook the phone interfaces can be eliminated but that is not true with the phone version of the PB. Don't see that you would update the wifi version without also taking care of the phone companies that you are trying to get to push your z and q phones. How much does adding the phone apps cut into memory?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-26-13 08:11 PM
    With the wifi Playbook the phone interfaces can be eliminated but that is not true with the phone version of the PB. Don't see that you would update the wifi version without also taking care of the phone companies that you are trying to get to push your z and q phones. How much does adding the phone apps cut into memory?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    There is NO phone version - at least, not a telephonic version. The cellular version just included the faster data connection, I believe. Obviously, they do have to accommodate that connection but no phone related apps or internal modules.
    06-26-13 08:35 PM
    I don't see that as a necessary element. I really doubt that they will have a fireworks display. Maybe a single sparkler! And I doubt that they will be producing any more of the current wifi pb's in any event.
    06-26-13 08:37 PM
    I don't see that as a necessary element. I really doubt that they will have a fireworks display. Maybe a single sparkler! And I doubt that they will be producing any more of the current wifi pb's in any event.
    Definitely agree there. I can't see BlackBerry making a big show of it.
    06-26-13 08:47 PM
    Definitely agree there. I can't see BlackBerry making a big show of it.
    Correct. No big show. In fact NO show at all.
    06-26-13 08:56 PM
    Correct. No big show. In fact NO show at all.
    Haha, are you bitter?? It's not like it would be the end of the world if it never came. There are sooo many other tablets on the market
    06-26-13 09:01 PM
    There is NO phone version - at least, not a telephonic version. The cellular version just included the faster data connection, I believe. Obviously, they do have to accommodate that connection but no phone related apps or internal modules.
    There were several changes including faster processor, different Bluetooth version and hardware necessary to support the phone. Extra software certainly had to include any necessary to support the phone and satisfy the requirements of the carriers. As I understand it software updates are controlled by the carrier. But the RAM is still one GB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app and edited on my BBPB.

***** Android spell corrector.
    Last edited by jpash549; 06-27-13 at 12:18 AM.
    06-26-13 11:41 PM
    Thank You Guys. I think I would have to wait till the end of this year to see the update.
    06-27-13 12:03 AM
    I'm sorry but Walt Disney has proved there are fairies and mermaids. So fix your reply!
    Fair enough...

So, let us give chance for BlackBerry to prove that "BB10 in PlayBook" is real...

Posted via Z10
    06-27-13 12:43 AM
    The release of BB10 is not coming anytime soon since the footprint for the Z10/Q10 has progressively increased in size since release. So it looks like that the optimization team at Blackberry has failed to do their job, they are unable to ram that beast onto the limited resources of the Playbook. I am not surprised, after firing thousands of staff and continuing to declare positions as surplus and redundant, the head count is continuing to be adjusted. When did anyone get fixes for the problems they reported? None of mine have been addressed. With all the known problems in OS 2.1.0.1526, did another release ever materialize? Nope. There are no more Playbook staffers to do the work. Instead of asking Thor when BB10 will be released for the Playbook, just ask him how many people are working on Playbook related projects. Easy question not related to short term and long term strategies and undisclosed product schedules, eh?
    I think the lower specs are not an issue.

First. BlackBerry (or a yet to be named partner) will release lower end BB10 phones at some time this year. These phones will surely run on 1gb of Ram and on specs that are probably similar to PlayBook's.

Second. The Playbook's specs are not that poor compared to other things out there.

I don't know if BB10 is coming for PlayBook and I hate it when people make claims like this but it is surely possible

"Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook. " Thornton Heins March 8, 2013
    06-27-13 08:11 AM
36 12