View Poll Results: Should RIM introduce multiple models with BB10 or only one phone model with BB10 ?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Model

    22 18.64%
  • Multiple Models

    96 81.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
Like Tree13Likes
  1. canandm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BB10 - One Phone or Multiple Phones ?

    Should RIM introduce just one phone with BB10, like iPhone, or should they introduce many phones, like Bold, Curve etc. ? I personally believe RIM should have only one phone.
  2. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,691 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    A bold type of course!
  3. byul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,232 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    K. 27F3DC2E put cb in request
    #3  

    Default

    BB10 with physical keys.
    mzceetee and rotorwrench like this.
  4. goku_vegeta's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,851 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byul View Post
    BB10 with physical keys.
    They will Byul but the first BlackBerry 10 phone will be touchscreen only
  5. byul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,232 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    K. 27F3DC2E put cb in request
    #5  

    Default

    I know hihih.^^
  6. Marty_LK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    914 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canandm View Post
    Should RIM introduce just one phone with BB10, like iPhone, or should they introduce many phones, like Bold, Curve etc. ? I personally believe RIM should have only one phone.
    Theoretically, since the BB OSes have been restricted to RIM's hardware (as far as I know - I've been wrong a lot lately ) they could try a more conservative approach and release one or two models and stick with it. This would provide the same advantage iOS has in app development where the apps are more reliably fully compatible on the hardware rather than devs needing to adjust their apps for multiple hardware configurations like Android devs do.

    I actually would love to see this happen. Maybe it would lead to RIM leading the market down the road.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
  7. Ninjatogo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default I think...

    I think it would be best to stick with as few hardware configurations as possible, this will make it easier on developers, as they only have to develop one or two configurations of their app. If RIM does what they are doing right now with BB5-7 devices, tons of screen resolutions, CPUs, RAM, etc, they will kill the appeal for developers.
    yanicmb likes this.
  8. Trick_Deck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    155 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I say three devices... One all touch, one bold style (same aspect ratio) and one entry level for emerging markets or cheap option in mainstream....Having only one alienates RIMs core keyboard lovers or the obvious market need for all touch. Don't follow the other fruit by destroying individualism or the robot by being all over the place. Happy medium
    Last edited by Trick_Deck; 05-01-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Mr.Monty and Eastsix like this.
  9. DD1968's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,471 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick_Deck View Post
    I say three devices... One all touch, one bold style (same aspect ratio) and one entry level for emerging markets or cheap option in mainstream....Having only one alienates RIMs core keyboard lovers or the obvious market need for all touch. Don't follow the other fruit by destroying individualism or the robot by being all over the place. Happy medium
    I agree, but four not three - you need touch and physical on both top end AND entry level devices imo.
  10. Marty_LK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    914 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Only one. I read where RIM says they will include a physical keyboard model, but even that they should cancel. They should stick to just one phone. It would ire a lot of people based on how ired Apple haters are that Apple maintains a stubborn and strict business model, but it might well put RIM on top.
  11. Trick_Deck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    155 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DD1968 View Post
    I agree, but four not three - you need touch and physical on both top end AND entry level devices imo.
    I actually had in mind all devices utilizing touch just maybe have the the entry level one run like a BB10 lite or something
  12. kdna's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    621 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    BB10 is a single unified platform.What we've seen today is only a small glimpse of what's to come.

    The wait will be worth it.
  13. sportline's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,009 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    i would think they will rationalise the product lines
    tablet ( maybe 2 sizes)
    phones ( curve/bold/storm lines) --> cheap (curve), professional (bold/torch slider) and touchscreen (storm or just touch)
    peripheral (music gateway etc)
    car entertainment/ICE (gps/map/phone interface etc)
  14. Gerii's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    414 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    A model with a camera bump to accommodate a xenon flash and a big sensor.
  15. spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,755 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,640 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    I think there should be 3 models of BB10. ....All touch, Keypad+touch, and Keypad only, putting resources in 3 vs 23 (exaggeration) is a much better business strategy.
    dendroica likes this.
  16. Yaceka's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    79 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    They should really simplify their phone line-up. For the average person, seeing all the BB7 phones is just a confusing mess. They really only need 3 phones. A high-end all touch device (Torch), a high-end qwerty keyboard device (Bold), and a low-end qwerty keyboard device (Curve). Anything more than that is just superfluous.
  17. BB.David's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    788 Posts
    PIN
    32FBF354
    #17  

    Default

    RIM should really introduce 2 phones:

    - All-touch screen
    - All-touch screen (thicker, but with a slideout keyboard)

    Unless RIM can implement a Bold type device with the same aspect ratio as their large screen counterparts, I don't think we're going to see a BlackBerry 10-Bold type device... at least not similar to the Bold 9900/30 we have now since it has a much smaller screen that is unusable for apps and games developed for larger aspect ratios.

    Classic BlackBerry (BlackBerry 7, or maybe BackBerry 8? 9?) should cater to emerging/messaging markets for some years to come.
  18. sportline's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,009 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    the confusing new torches (9860/9810?) naming system is wrong. a simplified line up would certainly help - curve, bold, torch.
  19. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    #19  

    Default

    3 models I agree...
  20. PanaSama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    454 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    1 model, full touchscreen flagship BB10 device, keep the 7.1 devices as entry level phones.
  21. dadymon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    448 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    RIM needs a knock out of the park device! A screen that is 5" or greater! There are too many 4" devices on the market! Step out on the wild side RIM!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  22. chrispipe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    444 Posts
    PIN
    two eight four one one eff four four
    #22  

    Default

    Who would only want one model to chose from? That's like saying you want someone else to make all your life decisions for you. I love how they have a whole slew of phones to choose from! Having only one would disappoint so many users. Some prefer the bold 9000/9900 form factor, many love the 97XX size and feel, or the 9800/9810 size was good to me while I used it.

    As it is, they don't have that many phones that are current. They just have a lot of older models that are quality and still in service. I know someone who still has a big blue 7000 series. They love it - not because its super new and awesome and zomg it has skypes - but because they can rely on it and it hasn't let them down.

    If you want someone to make your choices for you, there's already a manufacturer that would love to have you join their iArmy of close-minded haters/crap-talkers (not assuming or generalizing, that's been proven to myself many times in the wilds as well as on CB forums). If you want more choice than you could even fathom, there's a greenbot ready to beam you up! However if you want enough choice to be different and still keep that quality Blackberry feel and function, you know where to get it.
    Ben1232 likes this.
  23. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,691 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrispipe View Post
    Who would only want one model to chose from? That's like saying you want someone else to make all your life decisions for you. I love how they have a whole slew of phones to choose from! Having only one would disappoint so many users. Some prefer the bold 9000/9900 form factor, many love the 97XX size and feel, or the 9800/9810 size was good to me while I used it.

    As it is, they don't have that many phones that are current. They just have a lot of older models that are quality and still in service. I know someone who still has a big blue 7000 series. They love it - not because its super new and awesome and zomg it has skypes - but because they can rely on it and it hasn't let them down.

    If you want someone to make your choices for you, there's already a manufacturer that would love to have you join their iArmy of close-minded haters/crap-talkers (not assuming or generalizing, that's been proven to myself many times in the wilds as well as on CB forums). If you want more choice than you could even fathom, there's a greenbot ready to beam you up! However if you want enough choice to be different and still keep that quality Blackberry feel and function, you know where to get it.
    Amen to all of the above ^^^ best way I've heard it put for a long time +10000000000
  24. Premium1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    244 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,070 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    I think bb needs to continue with multiple models hitting multiple different demographics, full touch, bold style, curve, etc
  25. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,968 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #25  

    Default

    I'm for multiple models for personal reasons. We all know there will be an all touch model, but as much as I was impressed with the touch prototype, I still prefer a physical kb. To me it is as much a BB trademark as the logo is. Can there ever be a line of BB phones without a qwerty kb?
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions