Spotted this interesting Youtube clip about the BB10 Browser.

bldshd likes this.
    10-31-12 06:14 PM
    That's the best mobile browser I have ever seen. No seriously it really is..wow. Can't wait to go from a os 7 bbos browser to this, what a treat it will be. BlackBerry10 is gonna change the game. Anyone who thinks different will have a change of heart come Q1.
    10-31-12 08:48 PM
    That's the best mobile browser I have ever seen. No seriously it really is..wow. Can't wait to go from a os 7 bbos browser to this, what a treat it will be. BlackBerry10 is gonna change the game. Anyone who thinks different will have a change of heart come Q1.
    I agree, that browser is awesome but, tabbed browsing and side bars have been on Dolphin Browser for Android for awhile now. It's not really anything new, except that it's a stock browser. Sharing is also standard nowadays.

It does look real quick though. Liking the interface and the url input on the bottom.
    10-31-12 10:21 PM
    Looks awesome and I mean AWESOME!!!

But please, no checker bars!!!!!! JavaScript is really, really terrible on the PlayBook's browser. Takes ages to load CrackBerry with JavaScript on, whereas it takes less than a second to load CrackBerry with JavaScript turned off.
    10-31-12 10:32 PM
    It is pretty cool but I've been "sharing" web pages with BBOS 6 for a couple of years by using the Send Page Address in the phone's browser menu. I do miss that ability on the PB and that just makes me more anxious for BB10 on the PB.

Now about blowing things up...
    11-01-12 01:28 AM
    That's it? That's the BB10 browser that will help save RIM? Has no one here tried competing products? I just ran through that demo, replicating these "amazing" features on a competing product. Trivial. Well, not that amazing tile effect at the end...
    11-01-12 11:30 PM
    That's it? That's the BB10 browser that will help save RIM? Has no one here tried competing products? I just ran through that demo, replicating these "amazing" features on a competing product. Trivial. Well, not that amazing tile effect at the end...
    Okay, tiger, what would you like the browser to have? An inbuilt rocket that will take you to an exotic island?

Let RIM know, they'll code it on the spot!
    11-01-12 11:40 PM
    I wouldn't expect a single app or function to "save" RIM and neither do I think they need saving. Just because their not popular in America doesn't mean they're lost, how arrogant that concept is.

RIM is neither lost or floundering. BlackBerry phones just don't scratch anyone's vanity itch in North America.

If anything BB10 isn't going to kill the iPhone or out sell cheap Android phones, but it will redefine what and how we expect a mobile device to act in our hands, and that is RIM's goal.
    twstd.reality and PatrickMJS like this.
    11-03-12 02:20 AM
    I wouldn't expect a single app or function to "save" RIM and neither do I think they need saving
    RIM will fail if BB10 isn't good enough to shift the tremendous momentum for other platforms. The browser is a critical part of a platform. What is shown above is average compared to the competitors. That is not even considering that it is months away from being released. Time and the competition march on.
    11-03-12 02:47 AM
    This clip is more than a month old. Lets hope they have kept the improvements coming. It isn't drop dead ages ahead. But it isn't a sluggish beast anymore.

I can't wait for a BB again.
    I was a die hard. Then got a nexus, it was okay but when the 9900 came out I was back for the keyboard. Then I got an iphone, hated it, went to another android and am not happy. I want a keyboard and BB10, Feb/Mar wont come soon enough.
    11-03-12 12:41 PM
    RIM will fail if BB10 isn't good enough to shift the tremendous momentum for other platforms. The browser is a critical part of a platform. What is shown above is average compared to the competitors. That is not even considering that it is months away from being released. Time and the competition march on.
    Maybe a little dose of market reality is in order here in the midst of all this unwarranted negativity:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-news-752580/

Besides what is or is not popular in North America does not sway the rest of the world, again that's pretty darn arrogant. RIM can and has survived on the rest of the world with out vain sheeple. Thoesten Heins and the rest of RIM leadership have stated several times that competing against the iPhone, which is being rated as old and becoming boring, or Android, which is fragmented, is and has not been their goal.

It amazes me just how much the nay sayers think they know whats best for RIM but haven't a clue as to what it takes to bring an entirely new tech platform to market. As of this point in time the whole of the BB10 platform has no competition and its a whole lot more than a web browser.

I'm not saying no one has a right to be negative or criticize just that I seriously doubt you have all the facts just like most journalist don't either, they sell half baked twisted BS because it sells like supermarket tabloids.

I have been involved in bringing a new tech to market (3G for ATT and EV-DO for Sprint) and it isn't easy which meant new phones, new transmission systems (read servers and tower electronics) new logistics, new field engineering and in a lot of cases new towers. It also required an upgrade to the e911 calling service and a new e911 certification across the US, but it got done and built the foundation for both 4g and LTE.

BB10 is not just a phone and the first models are not what represents neither the high end or the economy models that will be released later. That video means little in the big picture, there's more coming, wait for it.
    Last edited by Zildjian71; 11-03-12 at 10:46 PM. Reason: It needed it!
    11-03-12 10:21 PM
    For me the biggest thing I need in a browser is speed!!! If the pages load as fast as they do on a desktop its a winner for me. The rest of the feautures are standard and I know they will be there.
    11-04-12 01:57 AM
    Ahhh my friend. Touche. However, it is also worth considering that several months before releasing the product (in this case, the browser), they would only demonstrate that the browser is as feature rich (and more web compliant) than its competitors. I think we can expect to see more goodies (things that the other guys might copy) closer to release - but I could be wrong.
    11-04-12 04:23 AM
    For me the biggest thing I need in a browser is speed!!! If the pages load as fast as they do on a desktop its a winner for me. The rest of the feautures are standard and I know they will be there.
    well
    i think it'll take quite a bit more time before any mobile browser will load pages as quickly as a desktop ^^

tbh.. i can't see that happening anytime soon
    11-04-12 04:32 AM