I've been a PB owner for a little over a month and there has not been a single new movie added to the store. How many movies have gone to dvd, Rogers on demand in that time....hundreds!

Get with the program RIM....pardon the pun.
    10-31-12 08:29 AM
    There have been many movies added to the store in the last month. See other threads about this.

Admittedly, the TV shows have seen more updates and are cheaper than on itunes.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    10-31-12 09:18 AM
    Which thread? I just took a screen shot of the new movies added. The 3 Stooges has been first on my page for weeks. You must talking about the Shirley Temple movies......lol
    10-31-12 09:33 AM
    I completely agree. The new movies are really pitiful, as many of the current new DVD's on every other device has a much bigger selection.
    10-31-12 10:27 AM
    Is the store the only place other devices can view these from? I find plenty of things I can watch.
    10-31-12 10:45 AM
    I want to rent a movie to try out the quality but there wasn't one single movie on there that would make me part with $4.99. I love my new PB but if RIM wants to be a player they need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk!
    10-31-12 10:50 AM
    Agreed it is PITTIFUL ! and there are no deals.
    More importantly back to Shirley Temple, that’s the highest price I have ever seen for any of her movies. I actually remember the box set on VHS being very expensive back in the early 1990’s . The BB Video store is even more expensive than it was back then. Wonder if she is collecting any royalties from BB Video Store?
    10-31-12 11:02 AM
    Is the store the only place other devices can view these from? I find plenty of things I can watch.
    There are many other sources legal and illegal. The topic here is the BB video store
    10-31-12 11:41 AM
    There are many other sources legal and illegal. The topic here is the BB video store
    OK then, yes the store sucks but I don't care because I can find these things legally elsewhere.
    10-31-12 11:55 AM
    New to DVD movies....I can find them too..on iTunes and Rogers PPV. Where are you getting all these legal new to dvd releases?
    10-31-12 12:11 PM
    Sorry never said new to dvd and didn't catch your meaning as newly released on dvd and not just new movies for that particular outlet although I can always buy those if I really want it but I don't buy movies.
    10-31-12 12:44 PM
    The Movie Vault application is a much better deal; for a flat one-time price you have access to a few hundred movies albeit old movies from decades ago. These movies are streamed to the BlackBerry PlayBook so you require a WiFi connection to the Internet and these movies cannot be downloaded. The BlackBerry Video Store is overpriced and the selection as pathetic as BlackBerry AppWorld is for applications. There is a slow improvement in BlackBerry AppWorld although a wholesale purge of 99% of the "applications", games aside, would improve the odds of publicizing the handful of truly useful applications.
    10-31-12 12:53 PM
    Sorry never said new to dvd and didn't catch your meaning as newly released on dvd and not just new movies for that particular outlet although I can always buy those if I really want it but I don't buy movies.
    An honest answer...I like it. Good man!
    10-31-12 12:54 PM
    Which thread? I just took a screen shot of the new movies added. The 3 Stooges has been first on my page for weeks. You must talking about the Shirley Temple movies......lol
    Prometheus, The Campaign, Some Halloween/horror flicks, The Obama film, Chernobyl Diaries, Dark Shadows, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Act of Valor...

I think these have all been added in the last month or so.
    10-31-12 03:24 PM
    I want to rent a movie to try out the quality but there wasn't one single movie on there that would make me part with $4.99. I love my new PB but if RIM wants to be a player they need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk!
    The quality is very good. Connected to my big screen via HDMI and controlled using my 9900, so it's convenient too.
    10-31-12 03:25 PM
    RIM did offer "Sherlock Holmes", the recent movie, for free a month back. It was a good way to see the quality from the Video Store... and the quality is great.

Download Sherlock Holmes on your PlayBook compliments of BlackBerry! | CrackBerry.com

Hopefully they'll do it again at some point.

The movie downloads to the PlayBook for viewing, so you don't need an internet connection after the initial download. You can delete it and re-download later, as the movie was given as a Purchase and not a Rental.
    dusdal likes this.
    10-31-12 03:50 PM
    Keep in mind that online video stores only get access to titles when the production co allows them for online sale. Which is usually after quite some time has past and the movie wont bring any more money in from better revenue venues.
    10-31-12 04:51 PM
    There have been new movies, but yes, the store needs more content, more classics maybe.
    10-31-12 07:03 PM