Except the GPS still does not work...or at least the way it's supposed to. Like being accurate.

I did have to do installs of the OS to work without jitters, now it's fast and responsive, maybe too responsive, but not going to cry over that. Just wish the GPS would work instead of jumping me around from area to area while sitting in one spot. Oddly enough the compass portion works great! I don't get that part but whatever.
    I've seen quite a few folks make this complaint, and I'm baffled. My PB (inside the house) takes no time at all to acquire signal, and in the mapping/satellite apps it points precisely to my house. What more could one expect? The accuracy is as good as my handheld Garmin unit, my TomTom, and the Palm Pre.
    Last edited by wcgarette; 02-23-12 at 01:20 PM.
    02-23-12 01:17 PM
    Yes, low cost, as opposed to "cheaper", compared to other equally priced offerings, indeed the best and only true tablet PC.
    It is not a tablet PC. It is, like almost all tablets, a peripheral. The only true tablet PCs are a couple of the high end Asus models, the various Windows 7 tablets, and the upcoming Windows 8 tablets. I'm sorry but a $200 netbook has more processing power and storage capacity, and can actually function without the need for another device to supply it with content. For that matter, some of the newer laptops can match or beat many tablets for battery life.
    02-23-12 01:41 PM
    I guess he hasn't had a chance to look at the crippled native email yet. No IMAP folder support? Terrible.
    02-23-12 02:37 PM
    A postive article about the new upgrade....

About the PlayBook....

About RIM....

...About Time. This is a fantastic product that people are missing out on, the cost was a no brainer, 64 GB and a convertable case for $350.00. Love my PlayBook.
    02-23-12 02:51 PM
    Nice to see positive coverage. Wonder if other media sources will provide positive reviews.
    02-23-12 02:53 PM
    That's strange, I have my neighbor's new fire in my possession...she asked if I would mind setting it up and give her a tutorial when she gets back, and I have it side by side with my PlayBook, and I'll be damned if I can't see where "they look exactly the same?"

Kindle Fire vs. BlackBerry PlayBook... Fight! -- Engadget

Exactly, maybe not. Similar, yes.

Why else would they be compared so often?
    02-23-12 03:10 PM
    I think the device right now that the BP should be compared to is the Asus A100.

I tried it and if not for the TFT screen, I would have kept it and I don't think I was alone in returning it because of that.

Is it really fair to compare a device that started out a much higher price to begin with like the KF did and that won the hearts of many minus a few nitpicks IMHO right off the bat?

All electronics come down in price eventually and have a greater value when lowered so I say it isn't fair to compare.
    02-23-12 03:33 PM
    It is not a tablet PC. It is, like almost all tablets, a peripheral. The only true tablet PCs are a couple of the high end Asus models, the various Windows 7 tablets, and the upcoming Windows 8 tablets. I'm sorry but a $200 netbook has more processing power and storage capacity, and can actually function without the need for another device to supply it with content. For that matter, some of the newer laptops can match or beat many tablets for battery life.
    You are certainly entitled to your very own and quite unique opinion.
    02-23-12 03:49 PM
    And I got mine 3 months for $30 less than the current price in store YAY
    02-23-12 04:06 PM
    Yes, while this is pretty much all true, the PB is a great deal pricewise right now compared to other tablets, but you can't really compare a tablet to a laptop or even a netbook for that matter, they all have their place and each has a different value to every user. I almost bought the Asus, but glad I didn't now, however I may still get a tablet PC later for a different need than my PB currently fills.
    02-26-12 08:22 AM
    If it replaces a PC is it a tablet PC?
    02-26-12 09:43 AM
    Actually, I thought the PlayBook was the best tablet PC when it was priced like its erstwhile competitors.

Now, it's priced to please, yet its value is twice the price.
    docfreed likes this.
    02-26-12 09:48 AM
    Particularly for gestures - try waking any other device by swiping!

docfreed
    1st Cavalry Division
    Vietnam - '66, 67
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-26-12 09:56 AM
    Particularly for gestures - try waking any other device by swiping!

docfreed
    1st Cavalry Division
    Vietnam - '66, 67
    Hey Doc, can't PM you for some reason, but "Ace High" here; B Co, 4th Avn Bn Gambler Guns, RVN - 68 thru 70
    02-26-12 10:04 AM
    It's great to see some Vet's around here!! Intellectuals with good taste, no less
    alnamvet68 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-26-12 10:08 AM
    Technically speaking the PB is not a "Tablet PC" which is actually a Microsoft thing from a few years ago, now generally meaning a tablet running Windows based OS like the Asus, not the iPad, PB or any Android tablets.
    02-26-12 10:24 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD